Updated===Halo Reach: Custom Character(xbl profile: HYuNdAi2806)===4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the helmet! The replaceable visor is a very smart idea, and the dual layer visor looks really good! As for the foam I have no experience sorry, but cant wait to see how the rest of your build comes out- keep up the work :D
Onmi shift is correct its a blue chrome window tint i found on ebay, like i said in the earlier post the visors has to be bent at a more extreme angle when inserted than the factor bend so the bottom layer really bubble once it was set in, but thanks for the compiment :)
actually i think he used window tinting. it looks like it with the wrinkles
ya and im hoping to get it out and replace it if i can get another order of that tint in, but i cant seem to find i again even through my previous purchases for ebay that seller is out of stock or no longer distributing,, so womp womp on that, gotta wait to find a viable replacement sheet

a typical auto store or if you have one an auto performance shop should have plenty to choose from. i think its a better option to paint it or buying colored plexy glass then molding it. after all, it was made to be seen through. thats what i plan on doing for my helmet

Awsome job on helmet!
Ive a similar idea, but going vertical with the two tone.
was wondering..does the gold backing continue on past the blue as one solid piece making the tint darker? And did you use anything to bond the visors together, or just the mounting screws?
Again great job,

Awsome job on helmet!
was wondering..does the gold backing continue on past the blue as one solid piece making the tint darker? And did you use anything to bond the visors together, or just the mounting screws?
Again great job,

the large faceshield in the back is one solid piece that has the chrome, the two blue sections is the same tint just with the tint reversed so the blue shines out

its 3 separate pieces
thanks for the support

JFO faceshield

Awsome job on helmet!
Again great job,

the large faceshield in the back is one solid piece that has the chrome, the two blue sections is the same tint just with the tint reversed so the blue shines out

its 3 separate pieces
thanks for the support

JFO cosmetic:

just a small update i did on the ride towards austin with some black foam, just the rear neck collar that wasnt part of the pep file on the jfo helmet
just kinda improvised with some polygonal shapes and just kinda wrapped it around,

07022012850.jpg

a typical auto store or if you have one an auto performance shop should have plenty to choose from. i think its a better option to paint it or buying colored plexy glass then molding it. after all, it was made to be seen through. thats what i plan on doing for my helmet

Omni is right. If you want a solid color, there are spray on smoke effect and other tints for tail light lenses at auto stores that will likely give you a more see-through lens than fighting the tint films. If you want a reflective visor, you can use a variation of the visor paint method here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor. Good luck.

Redshirt

Omni is right. If you want a solid color, there are spray on smoke effect and other tints for tail light lenses at auto stores that will likely give you a more see-through lens than fighting the tint films. If you want a reflective visor, you can use a variation of the visor paint method here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor. Good luck.

Redshirt

oh i don't doubt it. i just live in a border town our walmart is the size of a grocery store so anything i need has to be ordered in online
it was just the first thing i could find in reflective blue

gloves

gloves for suit: XD

sooooooo thanks to the oilfield they bring in some pretty neat lookin stuff and i grabbed me a pair of some ridig looking gloves, be painting them tomorrow and adding the backhand plate from another set of gloves that im pretty sure are the same style as the ones Thorn696 has, either that or they look very similar
but ill be taking off the backhand plate from those and adding them to these that im about to show you. itll be a 10 minute make up so ill post a pic tomorrow when i color and add the painting back plate

07032012853.jpg

the pic kinda screwed up at the bottom for some reason but you get the gist of it
i picked these because of the rigid protective layer on the fingers i like the polygonal look, almost like protective plates, should turn out pretty well

Chest pieceeeeee :)

reach chest:

OH YAH!!!!!!
so after realizing that maybe building this in sections would be easier i found it was damn hard to keep the weight of everything from moving around..lol

but i finally got it together..
thought it might be a little small but now im thinking it might just be a bit tight fitting, i would love to try and put it on but im just so nervous thinking ill tear out of it like the hulk just trying to get it back off

but here ya go

07062012860.jpg

the smaller indentions and details like that im planning to cut out and make foam inserts, the 3 round ports in the back im cutting out for the LEDs

07062012859.jpg

now with the front..i was thinking of actually doing something a little more custom instead of those raised pieces, plus the breacher collar is going over them and even if it doesnt i wanted to do something a lil more ME flared onto it, ill be fiberglassing it tomorrow as well as making the gloves.

boots are coming nest i finally got a hold of the pep file.

yay XD

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

all downhill from here :]

progression:

as stated in the title im more and more excited to have the chest piece done..and itll be all downhill from here
unfortunately those gloves with the backhand plate were not a complete pair when i looked for them, only turned out with one now im wondering if i just gotta find them on ebay now and order some more which i DIDNT want to do

not so much the budget thing id just rather make what i can out of what ive got..and on saying that i just realized that maybe ill just do the papakura plate, though my plates stacked right now as it is

but we gotta do what we gotta do right??

also i forgot whos article i was reading through..
but they had a line that went something like...
dont try to be a masterchief or a noble 6, be your own spartan/ create your own spartan

something along those lines..now with customizing that character through reach it kinda is like making my own
and on the other side..............i think ill just do what i do with my guns..
lol mod the **** out of them til they look nothing like what they started with

ex..

before
386900_10150371769681401_1435047100_n.jpg

after :)

402627_10150497971276401_862847831_n.jpg

got real big into putting that snake skin pattern on my guns
i wont be doing that on this spartan but...well actually... :D
maybe just a small flare of it

anyways i think ill be going outside the box to put a little extra ontop of my spartan
itll just be the "self upgrading nano-tech from cry sleep" as was posted in an article in debate on the H4 storyline dispute..lol

Roughneck gloves

Gloves:

so i'm resining the chest piece right now, and in between coats took the time to paint up the gloves a bit, kinda tricky getting all the black into the fabric and the fact that it was neon yellow once the fabric expands it become slightly noticeable
but here they are

07072012861.jpg

ill be posting pics when i can finish glassing the chest piece, might even start painting it if i cant get it sanded down tonight

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

chestglassing

alright so i painted the gloves up today as shown in the previous entry and finished glassing the chest piece

it got too dark to take a pic on my phone by the time i set on the last coating and my camera sucks as it is on my phone as you guys can tell but ill be sanding and painting tomorrow, then working on adding my own touches that are NOT in game additions

one of the additions is a ported "F.L.A.R.E." system(random made idea) Forward Launching Artillery and Rocket Emitter, which at some point i will make to launch small rockets but it will be for show til the end of the year.
these two launchers will be added to the chest piece either on the shoulder area behind the breacher collar or on the front face of the chest piece

along with other additions that i have pieces on standby to add but will find uses for later

ill post up back tomorrow.

if anyone has ideas for different thing that you always wished could be on a spartan suit send me some feedback maybe i can whip somethin up :)

time to get to sanding!!!

i couldnt sleep all night i was scoring the breacher collar papers
but now its time to get to work on the chest and finish it. be postin in another hour or two ;)

halo3trailer_4-1.gif

Chest painted: !!PIC HEAVY!! XD

Painted Chest: PIC HEAVY

so since i posted earlier i actually didnt get directly into painting, so i just barely got done with most of the basic add on colors, some of the darker spaces which ill be hitting with blackwash down the road

and added some red designation stripes
i havent done any damage scratches or anything yet like i said its just the basics for now,
!!!AND!!! on the snake scale pattern i didnt have the right sized netting to incorporate it [BUT] i was able to find a smaller set which actually made the paint look a little carbon fiber style because its so small

ive been working with the LEDS ill be setting in and just put together some panels for opening and closing the F.L.A.R.E. system

now the pieces i have for the F.L.A.R.E. are alot bigger fitting than a thought so i might have to downsize them..and in doing so not sure if ill be able to fire off and small rockets from it down the road but ill try to get it however i can

so here ya are :)

Primed
07082012862.jpg

spray on abrasion resistant coating in black (just for the texture it gives)
07082012863.jpg

silver coating for damage effects and the black coating fill ins for the indented areas(ill go over in black wash later) and the fill ins with tissue(next time ill use tape...lol)
07082012865.jpg

07082012866.jpg

Steel coating
07082012867.jpg

NOW!!!! we have the pattern add on and stripes
07082012868.jpg

07082012869.jpg

hopefully ill be able to bring more soon

405th decal X[

OH!!!!!!!!!! does anyone know where i can get a 405th logo decal..??? or does everyone just make their own for their suits??

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue LEDs

Blue LED setup (with rocker racing blue LED switch):

just got the blue LEDs setup i've got four so far
started thinking about setting up red LEDs inside the F.L.A.R.E. system to shine out with some clear hose tubes to give it some radiance

but we'll see what happenes with that

07082012870.jpg

And also i'm still wondering if anyone has info on there being a 405th logo decal or sticker i can purchase somewhere..i would appreciate it

that snake pattern is daw-jroppingly awesome! congratulations on the torso piece, i know those ones are a nightmare to put together :O
keep up the good work!
the logos are on this thread.....spase seems really strict about the colors, usage, etc. so it may behoove you to read the thread thoroughly
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/8547-405Th-Graphic-Guidelines

thanks so much for the input ive been feeling like ive been posting only to myself..lol
and appreciate that, maybe ill just wait til im officially accepted here with the 405th, i just wanted it on my suit to express my committment to this comunity and everyone that participates in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back