Legendary MK6

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all! ive been floating around the site for a little over a year now, and i have started my MK6 suite bout half a year ago. i have read and pulled alot of useful tips from many of the users, too many to count. i dont remember who make the files for most of the armor i used, but the helmet and the chest are from flyingsquirrel. most of these pics are from early march, i do have more updates but i have been too busy to get any shots. as of right now, i have rebuilt the chest, my first, which is in these pictures, was too small. i have also remade my shoulders (same problem) the pics are my new ones. i have also since remade the right forearm. what i dont have pictures of is i remade the chest and have finished pepping it, i have also finished my helmet, i will post pictures soon, but for now enjoy!
P2170177.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170173.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170178.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170179.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170180.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170181.jpg
[/IMG]
ATTACH]
/Darthoblivious/mk6/P2170182.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
P2170183.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170184.jpg
[/IMG]
P2170185.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• P2170183.jpg
    P2170183.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 177
Your pep work looks fantastic! Thanks for deciding to show all of us here, it was definitely a good decision. Good luck on the fiberglassing stage of your suit. I'm almost to that point with mine, and it's exciting.

I'm not sure if you've heard this anywhere before, but I was told once to use adhesive spray for part of the glassing stage. Just simple Elmer's spray glue, nothing too fancy. Spray the inside of the armor after you resin it, then put dry fiberglass cloth on it. This makes it easier to get in all the corners and is less messy. After that add some resin to fully harden the fiberglass. I haven't tried this yet, but it seemed to work very well for the one who suggested it.

Good luck with your project, and keep up the great work!

thanks to everyone for the props! coldevil123, thanks for the tip, i will have to try that on a piece and see how it goes! im actually not purely glassing it, im using a bondo/fiberglass mix. i really like it, i find it quite strong, but i really enjoy how easy it is to sand and shape and add more if i need to.

sorry for the double post everyone, got alot of pics to share. so, i finished pepping my chest. finished my helmet, want to replace the visor, and add LED's and maybe repaint it, but thats later down the road. also hardened the forearms thighs and shins, also did the hand plates, but i forgot to take pics, i will have some when they are finished. had some insanely good weather here in so-cal so i busted my butt to get as much done as possible. so enjoy and i will hopefully have more to come soon!
P4220187.jpg
[/IMG]
P4220186.jpg

P4220185.jpg

P4220184.jpg

my work station
P4220183.jpg

P4160182.jpg

P4160180.jpg

P4160178.jpg

P4120174.jpg

P4120173.jpg

just a little fun with weapons
P4120177.jpg
[/IMG]
oh, almost forgot. the right forearm is a new one. and the vents on the helmet are different for function and i think, a better look. its definitely alot cooler in the helmet and the visor wont fog. love it! until next time!

Really liking the suit so far. Very very clean pep! Are you going to be doing more painting details?

OH and I noticed you're in SoCal! Where abouts? You can PM me. Me and another member are going to Comikaze Expo later this year, you should join! FORUM FOR IT IS HERE

Holy cow, this looks fantastic :) the pep is clean and smooth, The size of the pieces looks great. *thumbs up* good job man.
Oh and i love the breather holes on the side of the helmet :)

Nice work, I mis scaled my shoulder parts, I was wondering what you used because that looks really good for size.

first, thanks to everyone for the props and the support! i havent been on it too much, weathers been poor, and finals are right around the corner. i have remade my shins, and i will have pictures once i get more work done.

Surr3nder, i will have more detail on my armor, i havent touched it because im waiting for my new visor to come in the mail, but once i get it, i will finish the paint job.

Largo Usagi, i measured from the top of my shoulder to the bottom of my upper arm. i drew a line straight across where my elbow crease is. then i just added an inch so the pauldron would look right. hope that helps.

thanks again for the thumbs up from everyone! i will have more pics up here soon, stay tuned!

Thanks for the tip, I am going to re measure mine and compare to see the difference, mine looks like they would fit some one who is 7+ feet tall :)

i wouldnt say they are large enough to fit a 7ft+ person, they just seem a hair larger, like 1-2 inches. though they may work perfectly when you get the chest finished

Nah those pictures where taken on an angle that make them look smaller than they actually are, when they are at a point where I can bend my elbow they extend over my ears. To top it off they sat in the garage and had some resin work done to them, the heat caused them to warp way out of shape so the are close to ruined and aren't worth salvaging due to their over sizing. Ill just have to get it right this time.

Nah those pictures where taken on an angle that make them look smaller than they actually are, when they are at a point where I can bend my elbow they extend over my ears. To top it off they sat in the garage and had some resin work done to them, the heat caused them to warp way out of shape so the are close to ruined and aren't worth salvaging due to their over sizing. Ill just have to get it right this time.

i see, i had that same problem with my shins. i have learned through error that you want to always use the support struts in your build, ALWAYS! theyre in the file for a reason, and need to be used!

I didn't use the struts on my helmet :), but that is a little different. My shoulders I actually glued the supports into after i tried them on for size, I will get a picture of what happened to them and post them in my build. I have learned that I need to get resin on my parts ASAP or they will get damaged where I live. Time to start working on the chest, that I only printed out like 3 supports for :)

hey everyone! thanks again for the views and the support! it means alot! so now for the news, im sorry for the slow updates. ive been busy with school, work, and now moving to a new place... the armor has kinda taken a back seat. but i finally got a few hours of work put into my armor. first, my new visor finally came in, and i also picked up some LED lights for the helmet. i will have pics of the lights when i start installing them. so today i installed my visor, with alot of help thanks to Blackula727 visor tutorial found here, http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31352-Visor-Install-amp-Detail-Tutorial, sadly i ran out of sun, so the silicon is not quite dry and ready to paint. also bondo'd my gauntlets, did a basic sand on one, sanded my hand plates. and painted a layer of resin on my new shins and torso. hope you all enjoy the pics, and i will update my progress as soon as i get more done! oh and thanks again for all the views and support!
P5060188.jpg

P5060190.jpg

P5060191.jpg

P5060192.jpg

P5060195.jpg

P5060193.jpg

P5060194.jpg

P5060196.jpg

P5060197.jpg

P5060198.jpg

P5060199.jpg

P5060201.jpg

P5060203.jpg

P5060205.jpg

P5060206.jpg

hey, thought id stop by and check out your build. looking good so far! might i ask how you apply your bondo? (body filler) you can make much less work for yourself if you make sure the bondo is smooth before you start sanding. if you don't have anything to spread it on with, fold some cardstock in half and cut it about 2 1/2" wide, then use the fold to apply the bondo, and only make one or two passes, the less you work bondo initially, the less work it is later :) just thought id try to help out a bit. and before it gets very hard, when its sorta gummy feeling, you can *carefully* take a scrapping razor, the flat ones, and cut off the high spots, this will help save you some time as well. 2-3 thin layers of bondo is better than 1 thick layer.
BTW I'm not trying to say your stuff looks bad at all or anything, I'm truly just trying to give you some advice and make your build go easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back