H4 Chief Scratch Foam Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its-Beautiful-Cat-300x211.jpg

Keep it up man!

-Jacob

Thanks brah! It means a ton!

Great job, this thing is looking great.

Thanks man! Your build is so epic! The Size of it is very intimidating!

Honestly Brad, this is bananas!!! Lol, no joke, looking great. Can't wait to see the end result. Keep being a bad @ss!

Tony

Hey thanks man! Your sculpting skills are freaking b a! That elite looks LIVING! Just the thought of molding that bad boy makes me bleed from my pockets;)

UPDATE

Here is a HD pic of it so far. Its coming along!

IMG_1887.jpg

I tinted the armor and helmet a tad green and i think that the color is still a little too tan, but hey! I want my armor to be unique!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
so.awesome.
I really like the color, it looks more realistic!

Thanks so much! I agree!

Just wanted to show you guys the back. Before today there was nothing where the black part of the back is. The torso still needs detailing around the back neck, the spine, and the butt.

215956ec.jpg

I'm also thinking through ways of splitting the torso so I can get into it. It fits me solid, but I can't get into it. I'm thinking a cut line down the spine like what I did in my previous build except use a buckle plus a Velcro spine to cover the cut. Also I think the butt plate needs to be able to come off so I can get out of my suit. I'm thinking a buckle down there too. What do y'all think? I'm open to opinions! And I might use your idea!

Also, I want to add lights! But I haven found any pics of chiefs armor with lights... I might have to wing it;) I might not be looking hard enough? Anyway, any suggestions on a cheap way to do so?

Thanks

Brad

Awesome looking build you've got going here. The proportions look like they're working really well.

Splitting the torso down the back, then covering the split with a spine seems like it could be a good solution. You could also split the torso into a sort of "front" and "back" assembly with a part line that jogs along where the "green" and "black" armor meet (if that makes sense...). A side split might make it easier to get on without someone else's help, but maybe that doesn't really matter. Another option could be to work a horizontal split in there somewhere too to give you a bit more range of motion in the waist.

Either way, buckles can do a good job of assembling splits and can easily be recessed into the foam. I've been using buckles to assemble splits in my foam chest, cod, and thighs and it seems to work pretty well.

Keep up the nice work! :)

Dude...Brad! crazy work man! I can't believe I didn't see this! You make me feel as if I'm falling behind in starting one! Plus that full body piece is amazing!!!!

This is soooo beast! You've got the scaling spot on too! Great job Brad! :D

i never understood why people always make battle damaged armor. i know they want ti to look coll but when everyone does it, it no longer is unique or special. the armor looks a tad to big on you. the side of the torso is already filling the gap between your side and arm. once you get the bicep done, your arms are going to be propped out.

but other an that it looks great

looking great man! but judging by that torso section looks like bending down in any way will be a biiig problem :p

Nice work! I love the battle damage!

Thanks Bro! Lots of damage is how i roll!

Awesome looking build you've got going here. The proportions look like they're working really well.

Splitting the torso down the back, then covering the split with a spine seems like it could be a good solution. You could also split the torso into a sort of "front" and "back" assembly with a part line that jogs along where the "green" and "black" armor meet (if that makes sense...). A side split might make it easier to get on without someone else's help, but maybe that doesn't really matter. Another option could be to work a horizontal split in there somewhere too to give you a bit more range of motion in the waist.

Either way, buckles can do a good job of assembling splits and can easily be recessed into the foam. I've been using buckles to assemble splits in my foam chest, cod, and thighs and it seems to work pretty well.

Keep up the nice work! :)

Thanks for the incite! i think i am going to end up splitting the back up. im not sure it matters about getting it on by myself, i can barely bend over as it is so help will be a necessity!

Dude...Brad! crazy work man! I can't believe I didn't see this! You make me feel as if I'm falling behind in starting one! Plus that full body piece is amazing!!!!

Thanks Bro! you should start a H4 Multiplayer build! It would be so sick!!!!!!

This is soooo beast! You've got the scaling spot on too! Great job Brad! :D

Thanks! i think the torso is a tad big, but it will look better with the big shoulders on it!

Looks great man!
I like the color choice, not too green.
Sizing looks good too. Keep it going!

Dave/Cereal.

Thanks man! its nothing compaired to your build! your such a man... So inspirational!

i never understood why people always make battle damaged armor. i know they want ti to look coll but when everyone does it, it no longer is unique or special. the armor looks a tad to big on you. the side of the torso is already filling the gap between your side and arm. once you get the bicep done, your arms are going to be propped out.

but other an that it looks great

I think each person dose battle damage a little diferently. i also think from my opinion, you cant, or shouldent have a spartan without it looking like it came strait from hell! it just wouldent look right! Also thanks for the constructive criticism!

looking great man! but judging by that torso section looks like bending down in any way will be a biiig problem :p

THANK YOU! yeah bendin down is a prob, but im not planning on bending down in my armor much any way so its ok!

UPDATE

Well speaking of shoulders... i have got one in the making! this one only needs some dremeling, plastidip, then paint! but before i do that, i need to make the other one!

d32cccf5.jpg

i will get back on the torso back after the shoulders... working on it is getting a little old... needed to change it up!

Thanks for looking!!

Brad

Sorry for the double post... but i have an UPDATE!

Shoulders are finneshed... but i think they are too small... what do yall think? i will decide when the forarms are done if they need to be redone.

ab1824f2.jpg

f05981fc.jpg

aeba314c.jpg

also i have the back all figured out. Here is how i did it

ebc4c514.jpg

ad5318b9.jpg

5f4cdeb4.jpg

109435ea.jpg

a4580742.jpg

It works well... i Can get in and out of it by myself! Very easy!

Brad

Brilliant solution for the back! Nicely hidden, yet easily accessible. Great job.

I do agree with you that the shoulders look a bit on the small side, but really, not by much. I am sure that you learned enough by building these shoulders that if you do decide to build a new pair, you'll have no trouble! Keep it up, can't wait to see more. I'm not a huge fan of the new armor, but with builds like this, it could grow on me (much like Reach armor did).

I agree with carpathia, the shoulders look great! But a bit too small, and warn a bit too low. No need to re-make them if you go the route of wanting to change them, just,make a bigger shoulder plate and install it directly over top the existing one, Lift it up a little, and you're done sir!

Once again, looks great! Its builds like this one that make me look forward to building a set of H4 armor!

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal.

Awsome...

Did you use hot glue to glue the foam together?

And are you going to do the pose that the halo 4 chief does?

YOU....are the definition on sexy brah! awesome stuff! I've started making stencils for mine :p

thanks bud! Looking forward to seeing yours!!!

Brilliant solution for the back! Nicely hidden, yet easily accessible. Great job.

I do agree with you that the shoulders look a bit on the small side, but really, not by much. I am sure that you learned enough by building these shoulders that if you do decide to build a new pair, you'll have no trouble! Keep it up, can't wait to see more. I'm not a huge fan of the new armor, but with builds like this, it could grow on me (much like Reach armor did).

Thank You!! Yeah they will probably be redone! Wont take too long though!

I agree with carpathia, the shoulders look great! But a bit too small, and warn a bit too low. No need to re-make them if you go the route of wanting to change them, just,make a bigger shoulder plate and install it directly over top the existing one, Lift it up a little, and you're done sir!

Once again, looks great! Its builds like this one that make me look forward to building a set of H4 armor!

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal.

thanks! if i were to change them, i would only redo the shoulder plate, not the arm band. You deff need to make one!!

Awsome...

Did you use hot glue to glue the foam together?

And are you going to do the pose that the halo 4 chief does?

Yes, i used hot glue! and of course i will do the chief pose when im done!

well I have an update for you!

I think i figured out how to get the under suit pattern down! ill Let the pics do the taking though.

65a46efa.jpg

2e6297e1.jpg

0f061050.jpg

97e164ee.jpg

83faf907.jpg

66824619.jpg

a1324ca1.jpg

62804877.jpg

16957a20.jpg

I just used a RedHead game Bag - YOU CAN GET IT HERE http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Mesh-Decoy-Bag/product/10204437/51069 ! i think its turning out better then expected! ran out of the black spray paint, so i need to pick that up on my way home from work! also tonight, i should Finnish the gauntlets... they are almost done! then its of to the legs!

Brad

god now i really want to make a h4 mc suit
fantastic job on the build so far!!! love the gold visor make the helmet look really cool and you seem to be an expert at making really cool battledamage on your suits :) awesome job man, keep up the good work

god now i really want to make a h4 mc suit
fantastic job on the build so far!!! love the gold visor make the helmet look really cool and you seem to be an expert at making really cool battledamage on your suits :) awesome job man, keep up the good work

Thanks Buddy! I appreciate you looking here!

Just took some reeealy nice pics of the armor so far... i finnished the gauntlets! now off to legs and the gloves!

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

Let me know what you think!!

WOW! this is great! It's even more great that you make all of this from 100% scratch from EVA foam right? Keep up the good work! maybe your next project should be the "Spartan Ops: Infinity" helmet. Maybe ill pay you for one. :) Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back