H4 Chief Scratch Foam Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! this is great! It's even more great that you make all of this from 100% scratch from EVA foam right? Keep up the good work! maybe your next project should be the "Spartan Ops: Infinity" helmet. Maybe ill pay you for one. :) Keep up the good work!

Hey thanks bro! yeah its all eva foam, hot glue, and netting!

Now, I have a question for everyone here. Does the H4 MC Have any lights on him except for in the helmet? I just bought some then i looked at a ton of reference pics and ive seen no lights at all!! Are there realy no accent lights on Chief? I remember there are on the action figure! What do yall think?

Hey thanks bro! yeah its all eva foam, hot glue, and netting!

Now, I have a question for everyone here. Does the H4 MC Have any lights on him except for in the helmet? I just bought some then i looked at a ton of reference pics and ive seen no lights at all!! Are there realy no accent lights on Chief? I remember there are on the action figure! What do yall think?
How did you know how to make the pieces for your body fit to your body scale?

How did you know how to make the pieces for your body fit to your body scale?

Man, honestly, i just kind dove into it and started making it, slowly. I had 5 diff reference pics of the torso in front of me at all times and i was always comparing it to my body size. it was really just luck that the torso came out how it did. I did the same method with the shoulders and gauntlets and as you can see, the shoulders are too small... you cant get everything right! On scratch builds like these, its all trial and error.

Loving that red head mesh bag youre using for the undersuit pieces

very very adaptable and creative
this will be an awesome build when you finish

063020128495667.jpg

I am in awe... That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. I've just begun thinking of working in foam, you are a master. What are you using for the thinner detail pieces? What gloves are those your using??? I love the split back solution. Thank you for sharing

Looks great Brad. The undersuit idea is really nice. Oh, and that last pic of the goofy face.....fffuunnyyy!:D

Those shoulders without the paint on them look like some SpecOps gear hahaha

Haha I know what you mean! i think its hilarious!

This really is awesome! keep it up, cos i cant wait to see more haha!

Thanks man! Had a bunch of stuff going on, but im starting back up very soon!

Loving that red head mesh bag youre using for the undersuit pieces

very very adaptable and creative
this will be an awesome build when you finish

063020128495667.jpg

Thanks man! you could also use a soccer or football bag - would doo the trick also! i hope it will look as good as i want it!

I am in awe... That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. I've just begun thinking of working in foam, you are a master. What are you using for the thinner detail pieces? What gloves are those your using??? I love the split back solution. Thank you for sharing

Haha Thanks palo! i use some thin craft foam sheets from hobby lobby! also the gloves are paintball gloves that i picked up on ebay! thanks for looking!

Looks great man, keep it up!

Thanks!!! YOUR ARMOR inspired me! i hope its even a fraction of how good yours it1

OMG I'm gonna cry for it awesomeness!

Thanks bro!

Sniff I'm crying over how AWSOME THIS IS!!!!!!

You Are the man! Thanks!

What kind of visor did you use and what did you do to get the detailed lining on the visor itself, If I ma ask.

I used an amber bubble visor, dremeled out the detail, then mirror chromed that bad boy! i love the way it is looking!

Sorry about the lack of updates guys! Its been busy with me getting ready to head off to college... BOOMER SOONER!!! but its all about to calm down before i leave. i hope to Finnish before i move out cuz i wont be able to do it there! It needs to be done in 2 weeks then! Keep your eye out for an update forum, there will be one in the near future!

Brad

Dude that suit is a work of art! It really shows how you can make pretty cool things out of foam. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see the end result!

Dude that suit is a work of art! It really shows how you can make pretty cool things out of foam. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see the end result!

Hey buddy! Thanks so much! LOVE your scripts! It would be so fun to make a movie based on one! Keep em coming!

UPDATE WOOHOO

Well guys, i have an update! i finished the gloves! I have the upper legs almost finished. they have paint and everything, but i will be adding some stuff above the thigh to close the gap between the torso, and on the inner leg.

cb650531.jpg

d222966d.jpg

5fdbe9dc.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

Let me know what you think!!!

BRAD

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking awesome! The suit is really coming along :). Almost done!

Hey thanks! Im gunna try your technique on my boots and see what happens! Almost there!

if you dont mind me asking what did u do for undersuit?

I wear black long johns under the suit. If you mean the circle texture, well its foam with a game bag netting glued on top for that texture. It is explained more in earlier parts of the thread.

thanks for looking!

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back