My Odst WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliderx64

Member DIN
S064
So I've been working on this ODST to use as a paint ball helmet ;) Credit: Kirrou rookie helmet file

461054_445025575525560_1715937301_o.jpg

Molding for the first time

This is my first attempt at molding anything, studied all the available info and hope I dont' screw up

1B1E6D9E-orig.jpg

got the first cast out of the mold (took video so no pics of unmolding) first one didn't come out perfect, has a big dent in the top, but I can work with it...

AC7F2B15-orig.jpg

Finished!!!!

final paint, distress, visor installed... I'm really happy with my first attempt. Now back to my satchmo commando :)

8211B1FF-orig.jpg

Decide I needed the UA attachment, What does everyone think? I like it but my kid dosn't... kids!

C2A8B715-orig.jpg

Thanks to everyone who made this possible... Everyone at the 405th for supplying the information (you know who you are) and my wife (for putting up with loosing her kitchen table)

Jeez Louise, your helmet is INCREDIBLE! It looks really damn good! The pep was great, the sanding was perfect, and even the cast is fantastic (even more awesome given that is was your first one; I don't even dare try that myself)!

Just a quick question, though. I used the same method as you did for the visor, but I can't help but notice that you did not actually TINT it...was that on purpose, or a mere oversight?

Oh, and. The UA looks good, too!

Jeez Louise, your helmet is INCREDIBLE! It looks really damn good! The pep was great, the sanding was perfect, and even the cast is fantastic (even more awesome given that is was your first one; I don't even dare try that myself)!

Just a quick question, though. I used the same method as you did for the visor, but I can't help but notice that you did not actually TINT it...was that on purpose, or a mere oversight?

Oh, and. The UA looks good, too!

Just an oversight at this point, also keeping in mind this is merely a test helmet so I can try diffent ideas before getting really serious I'm also waiting for payday to by some spray tint. Not 100% finished with it yet still have some mods to do to the visor, The UA took me all of 15 minutes with EVA foam, and the cast was done with smooth cast 300. Thanks all for the comments guys. will post another pic when I get the visor done

WOW! That is a really, REALLY good! Are you plannning to make more armor, or were you just planning to stop with the helmet? If you were able to do that with the helmet and you applied that process to more armor, WOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back