Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys.

Today I did my best to complete the articulation of the right arm. The aluminium is screwed into the shell on the inside then covered with fibreglass mat.

As I had leftover resin I started hardening the left arm on the mannequin.

MrKjfrP.jpg

AInfZtO.jpg

Padded the insides of the armour today to stop the layers from scratching each other where they overlap. After that, I used socket-head cap-screws to bolt the pieces together. Another quick test fit on me, then back on the mannequin with all the parts.

V72VLHZ.jpg

QLuJepd.jpg

gtNSENU.jpg

TM0dlds.jpg

xiMcKnV.jpg

I will definitely be keeping up with this thread! I have to admit you have come a long way since the last time I visited your thread. I thought that iron man helm u pepped and resined was looking a little rough at first, but now? Awesome job bro! And, your arc reactor is looking beast!

Been watching your build for a few weeks now, you are doing some amazing work! All the best to you on the long path to completion.

This is the fastest ive seen a thread explode in a weak, very good job on the armor so far cant wait till the next update!

+1 vote for elite :)

That elbow articulation is quite nice. How thick is the aluminum and are there pieces that extend up into the bicep as well as down into the arm? It must have been a challenge to get those pivot points to line up close enough for smooth articulation of the elbow.... Great work, keep it up!

It keeps looking better and better. My only question is whats the dummy made of/ how was it made?

I will definitely be keeping up with this thread! I have to admit you have come a long way since the last time I visited your thread. I thought that iron man helm u pepped and resined was looking a little rough at first, but now? Awesome job bro! And, your arc reactor is looking beast!

Thanks mate. Yes, it's amazing how much you learn in the first week of starting a build. Even now, I would make a suit completely different from how I have, but I've come too far to stop this one.

Been watching your build for a few weeks now, you are doing some amazing work! All the best to you on the long path to completion.

Thank you sir!

This NEEDS to be in the elite showcase...

I totally agree. ;)

This is the fastest ive seen a thread explode in a weak, very good job on the armor so far cant wait till the next update!

+1 vote for elite :)

Thread explode? Thank you! I'll keep you posted for sure.

That elbow articulation is quite nice. How thick is the aluminum and are there pieces that extend up into the bicep as well as down into the arm? It must have been a challenge to get those pivot points to line up close enough for smooth articulation of the elbow.... Great work, keep it up!

The aluminium is about 2.5mm thick and around 5 inches into the upper and lower arms, then screwed into position and fibreglassed inside.

It keeps looking better and better. My only question is whats the dummy made of/ how was it made?

See answer below kindly provided by Famox.

Its made of duct tape, Sandbagger shows how to do it on page 30.

Thanks to my unofficial threadmaster - Famox. ;)

No progress for a week or so now. Family and work duties all in the way. Hopefully next week I can crack on with it.

No progress for a week or so now. Family and work duties all in the way. Hopefully next week I can crack on with it.

Ah gotta spend family time. Get back to it soon ;) My build is currently printed and waiting to be cut but finals week is one week away so I'm holding out for that!

Hey sandbagged. I must say I am enjoying your work immensely. Your thread is my go to when I run into a problem with my build. Thanks for all the detail and tips especially on the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back