halo wars Mk IV build, (pm for files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
decided to start building a full suit and the set in halo wars is by far my Favorite
template-a.jpg

only problem is not all the pep files exist by the looks of it, i have abgates chest and cod and there amazing also the helmet on the wiki which needs some work but is usable.
if anyone has the bicep and forearm files from the wiki or has created any of the missing files ill be forever in your debt if you could send them to me, unfolds not necessary i can convert to .pdo and unfold them myself ^^
ill keep posting my progress on here =]

files i need-

better helm possibly,
bicep
forearm
thigh
feet

UPDATE,
i now have all files required for the build, cheers guys! :)

Use the reach files for the legs feet and cod piece, then use the halo 3 bicep then go to the halo costume wiki and they will have the rest

i have virtually every file on the wiki, except the files with broken links. the halo 3 bicep and forearm are similar but i know abgates made the halo wars versions and so did the guys on the wiki, so someone has to have them somewhere i just need to get lucky :')

sent my files and reference images to a friend with more 3d modeling experience :') got all the files i need now except the thigh and the helmet, should have them next week and if all goes well with paying my bills, i can then start printing the near 200 sheets needed for the suit >< my wrists are going to be sore after all the cutting :')

sent my files and reference images to a friend with more 3d modeling experience :') got all the files i need now except the thigh and the helmet, should have them next week and if all goes well with paying my bills, i can then start printing the near 200 sheets needed for the suit >< my wrists are going to be sore after all the cutting :')

Ooohhh....a Halo Wars build. I began one quite some time ago, but abandoned it. Good luck, I've always loved the look of the Mark IV. As for a better helmet, take a look at post #79 on this page: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30813-Halo-Reach-Concept-Art/page8. I'm working on trying to unfold it a little differently, but this should give you something to go off of. I hope that helps.

-Matt

ahhh perfect, ive sent the file to artur as a reference if you dont mind? the helmet im going to make isnt the one in the picture above is the ingame model the only difference is the top really.
looks like im going to be using the mark 5 bicep and forearms to unless someone has the halo wars versions off the wiki?

he said he's making it from scratch but he wasn't sure how much detail to add, so i used the one you linked me to as an example =]
but im tempted just to build your file now... :')

I want to stress that it's not my model, I just linked you to it. Make sure that harnor is credited with the helmet.

-Matt

557342_10151255352621004_1673930947_n.jpg

update!

not got a great amount done because im moving into my new house. however the previous owners left an old desktop computer, 1gb ram old 80gb hardrive so i managed to pull a fan from it im hoping to install into the finished helmet as well as the fan im going to pull from the half a laptop stuck on my shelf :')

Dude, you make me want to start making my mark IV. Although i wouldnt make it from halo wars, it would be more closer to the fall of reach. I think the only difference between the two are the shoulders from what i have been able to see.

Good luck with your build! +1 subscription.

with the halo wars armor, I'm finding it really hard to find a visor to fit, you might need to mod your helmet or vaccum form one

i was thinking about what weapons to build for the suit and i was torn between dual smg's or shotgun. but then i though screw that a custom flag would be way cooler.

what about a flag (halo 3/4 version) which you could fold away role up w/e
-spring loaded pole, release a latch or pin and it extends
-spring loaded flag, same idea but it roles up instead
ill try and get some designs up by tonight after i get back from a shopping trip with the missus :')

btw new assassinations made me scream like a little girl...

flag looks kinda like the halo 3 version but with a handle thing at the top which reminds me of a piece of the grav hammer, plus looks like we'll be able to 'pass' the ball to each other in oddball? awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE;

finished the skull for the flag, the basic flag shape and the helmet if i get back early enough tonight im going to resin all of it :)
unfortunately due to lack of time i cant make a spring mechanism for the flag but the flag pole i have made does separate into 3 pieces and stand just under 11 feet tall, ill be using a union jack flag i had lying around which ill be spraying either the UNSC logo onto or my logo ive used since i first starting playing halo online =]
ive moved into my uni digs now but we've not started decorating just yet so excuse the burned brown carpet from the previous owners XD

577420_10151304470101004_1684179640_n.jpg

69012_10151304471566004_815229518_n.jpg

67176_10151304474066004_1438356617_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back