Noble Six/H4 Stealth/Stalker build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup guys,I AM new to the community,always hear a ton about all of you so I figured as a dedicated Halo fan I want to become one of you. so here we go. I'm not an idiot,I've read a bunch of the stickies and its stuff I've already done for the most part(willing to learn) so as of right now I'm having a bit of a hassle but my noble six helmet is almost complete(pepakura/fiberglass/bondo) and ive painted it flat black for the moment,I'll most likely do a sage or olive drab over the black base coat for the 2 tone. I hate bondo btw. Used it on cars a while back and found my hatred for it once again after attempting it on the helmet. I have an immense amount of patience I just need to develop or begin to learn a new method to keep the stuff from getting out of control(and I need a better working area 5 feet of garage isnt enough). I'm living with the rents for now while I get some bills paid off and get back into school. I'll be certified for welding in about 6-10 months,anyways details bla,I'm 22 live in Florida,My name is Adrian,and I just wanna play Halo. Actually I have alot of questions about alot of different topics,just dont wanna get ragged on for "posting in the wrong section of the forum" granted I can only post here. I do not intend to sell my stuff (at least not now) as I collect it and use everything to decorate my apartment (when I get back into one) and if my woman dosent like it I'll BXR her right out the door. For now I'll get some pics up in here of my work and let you guys ferociously abuse me with all your verbal insults as to what I'm doing wrong. I would actually appreciate some feedback. Thanks guys. Peace

_Front_
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847766302/in/photostream
_Side_
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847757254/in/photostream
_Resin Front_
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847736752/in/photostream
_Resin Side_
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847727124/in/photostream
_Bondo _
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847718848/in/photostream
_Test Fitting pads and visor_
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847710918/in/photostream
_Still Test fitting_
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85725305@N08/7847754964/in/photostream

I ride and race Sportbikes 600 class. So I'm pretty familiar with helmets visors prices,fitment,spacing,comfort. I'm actually using the interior padding of one of my dropped helmets I was gonna trash and it lines up and fits perfect. The visor is actually one I use so its just for measurement and fitment for when my gold one comes in. A lil more bondo here and there as a touch up to level things out,sand,paint,seal,blam helmet done.

Welcome to the 405th! The reason for not a lot of comments is that there's a malicious bot trolling the forums so there's not a lot of people risking their computers. Your pep work looks clean. I don't have anything too hate on lol. I'm also making a Noble Six and wish I had found the model you are using before I started (the one I did had a hard unfold.).

Once again, don't take the lack of replies personally, they'll come with more and more completions (and after the admins kill the bot).

EDIT: Oh and my 6 is in my signature. Good luck!

Seth

Thanks man,I was joking about alot of that as it is. I speak english and sarcasm,thats 2 languages right? haha. Yeah I kinda knew about the bot cause my Droid phone kept restricting access to the site but its been like 60 days or so since theyve detected malware or badware and the site has not infected any other sites. So I guess its on lockdown.

BTW heres the Index I use for MOST not all but most of my pep files.
http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

Oh and this is the first helmet I've built. Or anything from scratch for that matter. Working on a BR55 pep right now. Might fill it with foam or something I just dont want a foam surface or base. Seems too fragile. As soon as I get my welding liscense back I'll visit a friend whos a gunsmith and see if we can make a near real BR55 or BR85

Welcome to the 405th!

Great job with the helmet. I can tell you are used to wearing bike helmets.

Welcome again!

Thanks Doc. Good to meet all the people I've already seen VIA youtube and scanning the interwebs concerning armor making,unique designs and builds.
I'll progress soon enough. This stuff seems easy so far. I really wanna get into making some really durable authentic looking stuff that can actually be used for a short movie or something.
How can you tell I'm used to wearing helmets? BTW I'll post pics when I'm done painting my spare farings for my bike. Should be complete UNSC green style in about 2 weeks or so.

Welcome to the site!

I was noticing your pics, or lack there of. When you post from flickr there are two option. HTML and BBcode. Use the BBcode to post picks from it.
I am close to finishing up my Reach armor! I made a ODST spartan. So I can help with anything. Good luck!

Thanks man. Im really just wondering about time frames on a build. And methods of structural support while hardening the say a pep model since thats the route im headed right now. I really want to have a suit done by november for halo 4. Im gonna go with my noble six helmet,halo 4 MC chest arms and legs with minor modification. If you or anyone has advice on how long this will take me and how to get it tough wearable,and prepped for paint and prevent me from screwin it up ill be glad to hear it. Also im great with fiberglass and sanding/dremel not so well with bondo

Thanks man. Im really just wondering about time frames on a build. And methods of structural support while hardening the say a pep model since thats the route im headed right now. I really want to have a suit done by november for halo 4. Im gonna go with my noble six helmet,halo 4 MC chest arms and legs with minor modification. If you or anyone has advice on how long this will take me and how to get it tough wearable,and prepped for paint and prevent me from screwin it up ill be glad to hear it. Also im great with fiberglass and sanding/dremel not so well with bondo

I have pretty limited experience with the pep route but to my knowledge it's not the fastest method and I'll say what I usually say and suggest using foam. This isn't everyone's cup of tea tbh but it's certainly the faster route to go down.

Hope that's in some way helpful

dbmike

Nothing to really hate on here. :p It looks like a good start on your helmet.

1) For your time line. I'd say you most likely won't have a completed pep build by November 6th for the HALO release unless you have a lot of free time to devote to it. A typical build is about 3-4 months to complete. not saying it isn't possible, but you'll be cutting it close at best.

2) Most, if not all questions you may have about the process can be answered in the threads, particularly Cereal Killer's Video Thread and his Build Thread. He has a ton of info in there and he has examples of reinforcing everything and detailing everything also.

3) No matter how much you reinforce a suit like this you have to understand that, (A) it will crack, chip and or get damaged if you wear it for any length of time and (B) You'll need to make repairs on occasion. That and you'll most likely never be satisfied and want to continue modifying or improving it once you have a base. LOL! :)

Bondo is a monster sometimes. Don't get discouraged though. Look through the two thread links I put in and maybe something he is doing will help you out with the bondo process. If you need anything thing let me know. One more thing just so I can say this. . . I'm guilty of it too so I am by no means picking on you for it. After doing it, I learned just by reading through Noob stuff that double-posting is particularly frowned upon. If you think of something a few minutes after your last post, try using the edit post button on your last post to add your thoughts. Like I said, I'm guilty of it in the past, so please don't think I'm being hateful. Just wanted to pass along something to help you out with that. Also, you might get a lot more hits once the dreaded iframe bot is gone. That and if you can insert your pics instead of just putting links. 405th members love pics they don't have to work for. Lots and lots of pics. :p

I hope the info here will in some way be helpful to you in your project. Like I said, you're off to a good start and I look forward to seeing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 405th! For a first build, that looks pretty darn good, so keep it up and you'll be a master in no time. Oh, and like others said don't sweat no responses. Heck, my last two updates on my build thread didn't see a response at all! lol

Thanx Sangheilioz,I'm really starting to love this community. Makes me want to prefect my builds and possibly meet somewhere with members. I dont know in Florida thats into this or has the patience for it. I'm havin a blast tho. I appreciate the support from you guys tho. I'm in the process of building my halo 4 torso. I want to build a "Stealth" suit and I'm kind of using the general design from the HEADHUNTERS series off waypoint. I'm going halo 4 MC torso,Halo 4 legs and boot covers cause it looks like a more integrated and smooth build. The arms I'm thinking of going with a halo 3 bicep and scout shoulders. The helmet will be my Noble Six helmet until Halo 4 comes out and I find a more kickass streamlined compact and stealthy looking helmet. This is a CUSTOM build and as long as it looks good I'm willing to mix and match. I'll eventually do a Spartan warrior build but I'll focus on this right now. Thanks again everyone.

Nothing to really hate on here. :p It looks like a good start on your helmet.

1) For your time line. I'd say you most likely won't have a completed pep build by November 6th for the HALO release unless you have a lot of free time to devote to it. A typical build is about 3-4 months to complete. not saying it isn't possible, but you'll be cutting it close at best.

2) Most, if not all questions you may have about the process can be answered in the threads, particularly Cereal Killer's Video Thread and his Build Thread. He has a ton of info in there and he has examples of reinforcing everything and detailing everything also.

3) No matter how much you reinforce a suit like this you have to understand that, (A) it will crack, chip and or get damaged if you wear it for any length of time and (B) You'll need to make repairs on occasion. That and you'll most likely never be satisfied and want to continue modifying or improving it once you have a base. LOL! :)

Bondo is a monster sometimes. Don't get discouraged though. Look through the two thread links I put in and maybe something he is doing will help you out with the bondo process. If you need anything thing let me know. One more thing just so I can say this. . . I'm guilty of it too so I am by no means picking on you for it. After doing it, I learned just by reading through Noob stuff that double-posting is particularly frowned upon. If you think of something a few minutes after your last post, try using the edit post button on your last post to add your thoughts. Like I said, I'm guilty of it in the past, so please don't think I'm being hateful. Just wanted to pass along something to help you out with that. Also, you might get a lot more hits once the dreaded iframe bot is gone. That and if you can insert your pics instead of just putting links. 405th members love pics they don't have to work for. Lots and lots of pics. :p

I hope the info here will in some way be helpful to you in your project. Like I said, you're off to a good start and I look forward to seeing more.

I can weld so whenever I start making molds I'm gonna see if I cant make my entire personal set out of aluminum and or steel. Trying to keep it lightweight yet still detailed and durable enough I could even do some hardcore action shoots. You'll be seeing alot more of my work as time goes along provided I'm not busy with school. But I should be MAJORITY of the way done in 2 months if not almost completely since this is kind of a rough build. I'll make the best of it but its not a finished product.

Once again thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. No bad vibes,I appreciate it. Only a fool does not accept guidance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a planishing hammer and english wheel and could make the pieces out of aluminum, that would most likely be a first and completely out of the box. Sounds like an awesome idea and the aluminum sheeting you would wind up using probably wouldn't have much more weight than a suit that's been reinforced with fiberglass and rondo. Welding aluminum, of course, is it's own monster to tackle. :p LOL

Torso is looking pretty good.

I'll think about that. For now I'll go with what I know to get this done for the halo 4 release. I'll be certified in welding in not too long and aluminum IS its own monster as I'm sure you know. Such a soft and thin metal but perfect if I can cast a mold and pour aluminum into it. Gonna need a badass undersuit and alot of rounding edges but it would almost be lifelike. Now if only I can get one of those powered exoskeletons and incorporate it into the build in a more seamless design. Use kevlar and ceramic plates and make the second mold out of titatium. The understuit would be a gel layer (trying to stay accurate and still make it real) that is climate controlled,with a dragonskin armor over it. You could almost create a real set of MOJLNIR armor with a few thousand bucks. Now to get in shape.......XD. Excuse my rant I'm tryin to be Tony Stark here.
My idea right now with the chest since it only took me another couple hours to finish up the front(pics shortly) is to finish the back,resin it,lay 2-3 layers of fiberglass mat,cut it and hinge it using straps and clips. It'll still be nice and rigid but i'll have a lil more to work with. Ive got a sheet of EVA foam to help with fitment gaps and the undersuit. alot of the rest I'm using a can or 2 of great stuff to fill the gaps and shave out what I dont need so itll fit flush. I have one question though. The Halo 4 MC chest have a bulge in the sternum and upper abdominal area that tapers inwards down to the codpiece. How am I going to make the undersuit fit into this design and fill that area?

Pics tomorrow after work!!!! Please check it out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back