Props UNSC Weapons By Justinian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow your guns are gorgeous, they look like they just popped out of the game and materialized in the real world. Do you know which one you're going to tackle next?

I call fake. There's an obvious scam going on here. He obviously teleported into the game, stole a bunch of guns from the marines, and brought them back, how else would anybody get so much detail and amazing pieces made like this? xD

I call fake. There's an obvious scam going on here. He obviously teleported into the game, stole a bunch of guns from the marines, and brought them back, how else would anybody get so much detail and amazing pieces made like this? xD

Haha! Agreed ;)

This is amazing. I wish I had the money to buy more of your guns! The trick with the latex grip pips is genius, I was pondering how I was going to do this with my SMG and was toying with ideas much less creative or effective. Good thinking!

Do want! Do want very much! Seriously, that's some awesome stuff you got there Justin!
This is amazing. I wish I had the money to buy more of your guns! The trick with the latex grip pips is genius, I was pondering how I was going to do this with my SMG and was toying with ideas much less creative or effective. Good thinking!
Wow man, those look so righteous!
Wow your guns are gorgeous, they look like they just popped out of the game and materialized in the real world. Do you know which one you're going to tackle next?
Thank you all so much. It is the fuel that drives onward to do more stuff like this. I am actually not sure which on I will tackle next. I am currently finishing up the last few commissioned pistols, and then I will be taking a break from weapons to crank out another suit. But I am hoping to get back to weapons in a few months.

Someone on the RPF was asking how my mold was set up, so I described it as best as I could.

The molding process is actually pretty simple. It is set up like a standard 2 part box mold. Left and right side of the gun, with a seam line down the center. But, there is a third part of the mold that forms the magazine well. It slides up into place, and is held in place with the other two halves with two boards.
102_3906_zpsfbf4aeaa.jpg

Hopefully that makes sense.

Not an update, but a cool story. A good friend of mine had one of my assault rifles at SDCC, and was able to show it to Frank O'Conner. He was very impressed with it.
FRANKSDCC1_zps28361ef9.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that he is also wearing one of my Cortana chips.

This thread is amazing and ambitious but you are doing it, I believe that this should be a sticky thread to show everyone else the UNSC Arsenal. Also, will you be going into grenades once you have completed these weapons?

I wish I would have joined the 405th sooner... I would love to be able to access the classifieds, and buy one of your pistols. :angry

Don't sweat the spams. Just report them, and they'll be dealt with. The amount of spam posts I've seen lately is a heck of a lot less than a few months ago.

It's time to jump start this thread back up with a bang.

I was planning on attending a costume contest this past Saturday, and I felt that I needed some sort of larger weapon, that would really grab attention. By mid week I couldn't think of anything, so I was just going to go with my rifle and pistol and hope for the best. Then Friday morning I had the idea, and I just couldn't resist building it.... A FLAMETHROWER.

I Spent the morning putting together a build list, and by lunchtime I was building. I drew up my blueprint and printed it out on vinyl.
102_4127_zps35c900b7.jpg

I built the main frame out of PVC pipe.
102_4128_zps052eb26a.jpg

I cut the back handle out of wood.
102_4129_zps7b37bb4c.jpg

I had the basic structure put together by late afternoon.
102_4130_zps2e865696.jpg

Due to time constraints, I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the build. But here is the bare bones version that I took to the contest.
102_4131_zps3c379ff5.jpg

102_4132_zpsc15adc22.jpg

Now of coarse you are wondering what I used for the flame tip. It is a propane torch that I bought from Harbor Freight....

That's right. THIS THING WORKS!!!

Check out the video.

Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to add all of the details, but I plan to go back and finish them off soon. Overall I am very pleased with this 2 day build.

Also, I didn't win the contest, because there was a no fire rule. But if I was able to turn it on, i am sure I would have won. Oh well. This was a fun project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back