Kat Reach Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm now at attempt 2 of armor making... last year I got about half way done with my pep, but then Halloween got here too fast, and I wasn't able to finish. This year, I started much earlier, and with my boyfriends help, I'm almost done with my pep and I've resined everything I've pepped already.

Any Advice and Comments are much appreciated!

This is what I'm aiming for and what it will somewhat look like...hopefully :)
bxvaY.jpg

PIECE STATUS:
Hand plates: fiber glassed
Forearms: fiber glassed
Biceps: fiber glassed
Chest: fiber glassed
Waist/Cod:fiber glassed
Thighs: fiber glassed
Shins: fiber glassed
Boots: fiber glassed
Helmet: resined/rondo-ed

I only have one picture so far of the thigh piece on my leg for proportion... Thee will be more to come tomorrow hopefully!
imagejpeg_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and big big big big WELCOME to this awesome community. I hope you will find your ways to make ur armor as awesome as u want it ! :)

Great measurement . totally fine by me ... seems like u have skill . is it ur first project ? first item with pep?

If any quetions come up feel free to ask me ( i have experience in pep, resin, bondo, rondo and building weaps with styrofoam )

Well im looking forward to see more :)

No I started some armor last year, but I didnt get to finish.. I aim for it to be the best it can because that's less sanding later! :D I've tried using double sided tape, super glue, super glue with tape reinforcing it on the back (I hate waiting and peeling my fingers off the paper)... I'm tempted to try hot glue, but I'm a bit unsure about it...

Please try hot glue (not low temp, high temp)! even though you will slightly burned when you use it (by burn I mean an awfully hot sensation but no actually burn). It stands up to resining and is really quick to use with pep, as well as anything else you can think of.

The thought of Halloween almost two months away has me freaking out so don't think that you aren't the only one with a bad Halloween experience, it comes for all of us sooner or later.

Hope this time things go better!

Seth

Hot glue is flexible. put it on . wait a bit then press and u wont burn urself. i did my whole armor with it . and its much easier thabn super glue in my opinion .

Sorry then i thought u were new :/

The only thing with the hot glue is that I cant use it at work... Yes, I pep at work :p I might try it with the chest since that piece is a bit larger and I cant really take it to work.
Thanks for the tips!

what ever, its 5am here im confused xD so welcome then :p

Oh okay . i see. well all i can say is that hot glue rocks. if u need help with it feel free to ask

Cant say ive ever used hot melt glue for pepping i would have assumed it was too difficult to use. I'm gonna follow this one to see how it goes. Might even give it a try one day.

So thanks to my boyfriend's forum, I have a couple more pictures of stuff we both have! :D

002-1.jpg

These are the gloves we ordered. They're a bit large on me since I have smaller hands than him, but I'll find a way to make it work!

003-1.jpg

This is the under suit that we'll be using. The only difference (for now) is that I took the large shoulder pieces off since I'll have shoulder pieces anyways, and there were hard plastic plates on the chest, but being a girl, that was a slight issue.

Tomorrow I'll take pictures of my current pieces and all of my progress/changes so far and update it :)

Well done so far! I agree, definitely go with hot glue. Do you have more pics of your pep parts?? Do you have a color scheme picked out?

Update 9/5

So here are my promised pep/resin progress pictures. All of these have already been resined and are awaiting the fiberglassing process! :)

Boot:
imagejpeg_2-1.jpg

Waist:
imagejpeg_25.jpg

imagejpeg_26.jpg

imagejpeg_27.jpg

Shins:
imagejpeg_24.jpg

imagejpeg_22.jpg

Hand Plates:
imagejpeg_23.jpg

imagejpeg_21.jpg

Let me know what yall think and any advice that can be given is much appreciated!

Right first thing this is awsome

Second thing. Hot glue is a god when it comes to pepping So use it as often as you can

Third I'm making an air assault helm at home, I chose rhinocs helm it's hd but fairly easy you should try it too it's in the 405th pep pack under reach armor

Good luck

Croc co

My colour scheme is a base aqua with a yellow as the highlight so it will go well with my male spartan build which I have yet to finish/start

Top of the helmet is done! I feel like I've spent all day working on this half, but on the plus side, I only have big pieces left to put on!

Helmet Top:
imagejpeg_2-2.jpg

Sides:
imagejpeg_22-1.jpg

imagejpeg_21-1.jpg

9/7 Update!:)

I finally finished my helmet! The good thing is, now all of my other pieces will be pretty easy since they dont have as much detail as the helmet did. Today I'll work on the shoulder pieces and either the forearms or biceps!

Feedback would be great!

Helmet (almost done):

imagejpeg_26-1.jpg

imagejpeg_27-1.jpg

imagejpeg_225.jpg

Helmet (finished!!):
imagejpeg_25-1.jpg

imagejpeg_24-1.jpg

imagejpeg_23-1.jpg

imagejpeg_22-2.jpg

imagejpeg_21-2.jpg

Am I the only guy who actually likes the way the female shin armor looks better than the male shin armor?

This is all looking great Leslie. I can tell you have a lot of skill, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back