Borderlands Psycho-WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjag

UPDATE: June 24 2013

This thread is dead. Don't expect any more posts.

Hello, 405th members and borderlands fans! This is my first real prop build (so please go easy on this one). I've been wanting to build this for quite a while, and after searching around the threads for information and watching vids, I've got the confidence to start building this.

So originally I didn't plan on posting about this, so I don't have pictures of the first step of building this from pepakura, if anyone wants to know, I used 380gsm cardstock and high tack glue to attach the peices together. I do however have pics from fiberglassing which is where I will start.

This is the peice resigned.I originally did glue the eyes, but decided to remove them early.

IMGP0107.jpg

IMGP0108.jpg

I then did 1 layer of fiberglass in the center and an extra layer around weak areas .(Eyes, Edges etc.)

IMGP0078.jpg

I borrowed my mates dremel ( this was my first time using it) and cut out the hole using a cutting wheel and a sanding wheel. ( the circle isn't perfect but it didn't matter because the next thing i did fixes it)

IMGP0156.jpg

I cut out the bottom of a normal 330ml coke can which will act as the base for the "fan".

IMGP0167.jpg

I taped it down using masking tape and fiberglassed over it to secure it and keep it strong.

IMGP0161.jpg

I coted it with Jesmonite (The UK equivalent to Aqua resin). This was to increase strength and smooth any rough edges (smells a lot nicer too!)

IMGP0168.jpg

I filled the gap between the coke can edge and the edge of the hole by syringing Jesmonite into the gap which worked perfectly. ( I did some random drawing on it just because I felt like it.)

IMGP0185.jpg

Thats all I've done so far, I have ordered some auto bodyfiller so any extra advice on working with bodyfiller is great. :)

I can admire good bondo work! Not so much borderlands, but still, looks great! Please keep going man!

UPDATE. Sorry for the late update. There was a delay for the bodyfiller, and this stuff was hard to work with. Unfortunately it wasn't smooth like how bodyfiller should be, however I think the weather had something to do with that (it's like 5 degrees in England.) Despite those problems, I tried it (also this was my first time) and this is my progress.

This was the second layer I had done, I used white primer to see rough spots and sanded as well as I can (at this point I was losing hope)

IMGP0253.jpg

about 4 hours of applying, sanding, priming later I have this ( There are still bumps in it because I don't have spot putty)

IMGP0263.jpg

Unfortunately, I won't be getting spot putty for a couple of weeks (around Christmas time) So the next step will probably be making the eyes. Until next time!

UPDATE: Once again late update, mainly down to weather. All I could do was pep the eyes.

IMGP0269.jpg

IMGP0278.jpg

Because the weather was so cold, I decided to pour jesmonite into the eyes, however the heating in my house wasn't working for 2 days, so I had to wait until that was fixed so it was warm enough for the jesmonite to set, then once it was finally set, I cut out the eyes with an x-acto knife.

IMGP0287_zps3ba3c026.jpg

I started applying bodyfiller to the eyes to give it shape, I also had to sand the inside of the eyes so it was smooth. I just used a file and various grits of sandpaper.

IMGP0291_zps760e15c2.jpg

Once again, its annoying how long this build is taking, if all these problems didn't happen, I would probably be done by now :(. At christmas, i'll buy the rest of the things I need for this build. By the end of the year, my build should be complete.

great job man! looking good. patience bud rather take the time to make it as awesome as you can, which it looks!

The last update to this thread was a year and a half ago. Which means it is probably a dead thread. No Necro.

great job man! looking good. patience bud rather take the time to make it as awesome as you can, which it looks!

The last update to this thread was a year and a half ago. Which means it is probably a dead thread. No Necro.

I should patch things up. First of, Frozensnot is right, I have nothing left for this page; not due to lazyness or giving up, it's that someone actually stole it, believe it or not. Back in April when I leave to go to college, I stay at my mates house for a few days and back at home, my brother had tonnes of people over and I think one of them took it. It kinda sucks that someone would do that but I got over it pretty quickly. I may remake one (maybe a much better one) in the future; I'm not sure yet. This was also during the time when the 405th tried updating there forum (which didn't go well) so I never bothered updating this thread until now. I have been posting my work over at therpf and I managed to finish my zer0 helmet, which I planned on posting on 405th, but as I mentioned, this was during when 405th were updating there forum. One last thing, The last update was 6 months ago, not 1 year and a half :)

DrJag.... I think we've talked borderlands before... "The Armorer" ring a bell? Just curious, your username just sounds familiar :) (And I think you should find Tiny Tina and have her help you track down the bandits that stole that mask :p

-Seth

DrJag.... I think we've talked borderlands before... "The Armorer" ring a bell? Just curious, your username just sounds familiar :) (And I think you should find Tiny Tina and have her help you track down the bandits that stole that mask :p

-Seth

Sorry man, thats not me, thanks though :) I'm not bothered about my mask anymore, tbh, my mask was only a side project for my zer0 helmet and Crimson lance costume, so yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back