Official 405th Spartan Research 4 Organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: 4/3/14.

So Arcanine has released Gravemind and the Adjutant team of Halomap's Halo 4 model assets. Basically, that means people have literally copied the in-game 3D models of Halo 4's armor and posted it here on 405th.com for us to enjoy. I can't tell everyone how happy I was to see this happen. Anyway... ahem.

Since last year when this started, many models have been created and I really appreciated them, among many other people, but since those 100% game accurate models have come out, I really feel as if this list has become... obsolete.

Don't worry, I'll have a giant list of links on a reply at page 8 (or 9 if a new page is to be created). I will leave out the nonexistent models for obvious reasons. Also, if anybody wants a redirection to a place where all the old Halo 4 models are stored, link will be at the bottom of this letter to MissingSpartan7's 4shared armory.

I left a comment on Arcanine's release thread which will also be linked below if there is a demand for another Organizer checklist, and it will feature all the unfolded and still-to-be-folded models ordered just like this list. I still have to see about the requests, so I will go for now. tomorrow, I shall get to work... or not.

Arcanine's Halo 4 armor release thread here!

MissingSpartan7's armory here!

It seems as if I feel incredibly sorry for those who have furiously modeled Halo 4 armor in the past which have no choice but to be shelved to collect dust now. Too bad those 100% accurate game models are irresistibly great, and it makes no logical sense to return to inaccurate models. (I really mean no offense) ...But times have changed... and so did the models.

I really don't want to make this dramatic or anything ridiculous like that but I want to say, rest in piece, old models, you've left a huge dent in the Halo Cosplay community. Thank you to all who have contributed before, and thanks to those who will contribute later.

*goooood dang it really feels like Queen Elsa died or something*

okay, i was going to make my own thread, but seeing as you have added a body armor section, i will just post my files on here for BiGHARYSCOTSMiN. (btw you need to add a forearms part, or rename shoulders to arms)
anyway, here are the ones i've got so far;
modelled by mokeyfuj, unfolded by me:
Warrior Chest foam ready
Warior abs foam ready
Recruit forearm foam ready
RG-63 Counter thigh foam ready

Modelled by brokenvisr, unfolded by me:
EOD Shoulder fooam ready
EVA Shoulder foam ready
Pathfinder Shoulder foam ready
Recon Shoulder foam ready

i have more coming :D i have unfolded pathfinder chest unfolded, great model, terrible unfold. but lemme know if you still want it.

CrazyDav0 :)

Man this is confusing, but I got it. Don't worry, it's not like I can't do it or anything, but I felt like I was part of a cluster ____ for about 38518954289 nanoseconds...

Which is about 38 seconds I think. I dunno, I don't have a nanosecond calculator.

I didn't know what Mrs. Moodward taught me would ever come to use. LOL

Anyways, I updated the list some more... more than some but nonetheless better IMO. If you don't think so and have ideas and suggestions of making it better, please tell mhua.
Also special thanks to CrazyDav0 for the info, and Fat-hi555 for the Raider Helmet! Looks good!

Life is good. Don't you think?

Since I didn't see a torso suggestion thread, I'll post this here. Can someone make the Stalker chest plate?

So I just got Pepakura Designer 3. Awesome how I can unfold and scale without having it disappear after finishing...

Anyways my point is this...

Need unfolding? I can help. I can't do the start from scratch stuff but I am really confident in "cleaning up" and converting anything to a project friendly file. You know, sometimes there are those files that make it hard to glue together by nature, I can solve that!

I'm well practiced, I just finished making a Warrior chest piece start from 60 pages to a whooping 15 pages. Quite proud :p Also, I have revised Hazop, Recon, and a Halo Reach AR.
What I do is basically re-do inclined surfaces and hard to glue places and most importantly reduce page numbers (by shoving a ton of pieces into one page).
Now that I think about it however, those piece stuffed pages can get out of proportion by re-scaling so any suggestions to fix?

My main objective is to turn unfolded (or still folded) Pepakura models into more refined models which should be easier on your fingers, easier on your patience gauge, and easier on your printer... or maybe just get those files out to the people quicker.

I think I can help those overwhelmed unfolders who need a little breathing space with all of those jumbled pieces that may not even turn out to be fun putting together (with paper. I can't really help with foam builds).

So, if you've got anything you need help with, I can at least give it a try. PM me or just post on this thread with your preproduction samples, or maybe even still folded samples. I CAN HELP!

Thanks for your support, tell me whacha think!

Here is an update für the orbital armor. the chestpiece (modeled by fat-hi555 and unfolded by me -harican89)

Hey guys, so i've sent my file to a few people.

One of them, harican89 has already finished unfolding it!
He did a great job unfolding it separating different parts at different areas.

torso1024x5761024x576_zps3bcec3cb.jpg

Here's the link to it!

Orbital Torso:
(Unfold by harican89)
http://www.4shared.com/file/KOn1pyas/Halo_4_OrbitalTorso_-_fat-hi55.html?

I'll add the link to the first post. Others who are unfolding, keep going so there's more versions to choose from! Keep coming back to see what I'll model next! :)

okay i didn't wan't to release this pep fie until i tested it out, but i gave the file to Rheiner and he said it works fairly well, so here it is:
Halo 4 Recon Torso Foam ready

credit for the model goes to brokenvisr

CrazyDav0 :)

OMG RECON CHESTTTT

...but it's foam. Can i mod it for paper? As you know, I'm a paper guy.

Edit: It looks awesome. Maybe I can re-arrange it for paper use.

Thank you Dav0. One less piece to long about for my full armor build.
Credit to Brokenvisr for modeling of course.

I'll edit the list later. I'm on my phone and it gets chaotic to edit that thing from this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back