kitnip's Halo 4 Master Chief foam build with custom paint scheme and undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm not sure if it is just me or not, but that white with dark gray color scheme looks great. I know you haven't finished, but I'm just saying.

Awesomesause, when I look at those pics, I feel like I'm looking at the real master chief :O
Haha, thanks! But hopefully less man-like ;)

I really wanna say I am very impressed. the fact that you are free drawing is as amazing as your work. I cant wait to see this when it is done and finished. keep up the great work.
Thank you, I can't wait to see it done either, lol!

Looking fantastic kitnip!
Yayyy, thanks!

Okay, I'm not sure if it is just me or not, but that white with dark gray color scheme looks great. I know you haven't finished, but I'm just saying.
Lol, I suppose it does look pretty cool! But honestly, I'm so excited to paint it and get it all weathered and metal looking. Right now it seems a little too.... Stormtrooperish lol

This is awesome , I've started a master chief costume of my own, but this build o_O wow!
I saw yours and it's looking fantastic!! I actually kept staring at your boots trying to figure out how you made the front shape of them lol. Took me forever to figure out mine.

UPDATE!
Soooo I finished my biceps! AAAND I finished my boots!! BAM

JOwAVral.jpg

niOo8ubl.jpg

8eRauiyl.jpg

rrOxdNvl.jpg

With the shoe out:
mVjUYRFl.jpg

Niiice and flexible!
GguE7Nal.jpg

Next up, shins!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am loving this thread, I am new to pep myself, and I was shocked when I found people doing it with foam when I found this site. You have very clean work compared to a lot of the other stuff I have seen so far, I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

I like those shoes...lol, almost tempted to call them halo spats. If Microsoft and them were to team up with some sneaker or boot manufacturer and made a line of spartan shoes, I'd totally buy them
Anyways, everything's coming together so wonderfully! ^^

I'm definitely going to be following this thread, your foam work is excellent and the fact that you made a helmet out of foam is extremely impressive! Btw your paint scheme idea is great, gotta show dat pink!

lookin super sweet kitnip!! i have a request though. when chuckin up your progress pics, can u do a shot of the foam before the details, and after the details are added?

Hi there, just wanted to say awesome build and amazing foam work ya have there. Im about to start my own first suit build and you have made me rethink the whole thing. I knew which suit I wanted ( MK IV ) but wasnt happy with the pep files I found for anything other than the helm. And following your progress with Sketch-Base-Detail is now what Im planning on doing.

Once again beautiful work and props to you for being a female and showing us guys how its done :p

I am loving this thread, I am new to pep myself, and I was shocked when I found people doing it with foam when I found this site. You have very clean work compared to a lot of the other stuff I have seen so far, I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
Thanks!! I absolutely love foam. I just find it so much easier then the fiber glass route. Cheaper too!

Fantastic work, and everything is looking very well proportioned too!
Yay, thanks!! I find scaling is one of the more difficult things so I'm glad you think so!!

I like those shoes...lol, almost tempted to call them halo spats. If Microsoft and them were to team up with some sneaker or boot manufacturer and made a line of spartan shoes, I'd totally buy them
Anyways, everything's coming together so wonderfully! ^^
BAhaha, YES, I would probably buy them too lol. Thanks!

This is coming out great!
Woohoo, thanks!!

Most impressive. I can only hope to be near your perfection when I attempt to transfer from pep to foam!
Thank ya. It's not perfect at all, you probably just can't tell from the pictures, lol.

I can only hope that mine turns out this great when I start on it and I'm doing pep. I can't wait to see more!
Thank you :)

Very Nice!!
Thanks!

I'm definitely going to be following this thread, your foam work is excellent and the fact that you made a helmet out of foam is extremely impressive! Btw your paint scheme idea is great, gotta show dat pink!
Yay, thanks! Glad to hear someone likes my paint scheme idea :) I can't wait to start painting cause I know it's gonna be suuuuuhweeeet.

Loving how it looks so far, can't wait to see the finished product. Kinda wishing I was doing mine out of foam :/
Thank you! Lots of people do combinations of foam and pep, so it's still an option :p

lookin super sweet kitnip!! i have a request though. when chuckin up your progress pics, can u do a shot of the foam before the details, and after the details are added?
Yup! I just get a little carried away when I start building but I'm definitely gonna try and get those progress pics!

Love what you have done especially the detailing.

Can't wait for the completed project.
Thank yooou

Coming on really nicely Kitty! :)
HEHE, thanks drack!

Hi there, just wanted to say awesome build and amazing foam work ya have there. Im about to start my own first suit build and you have made me rethink the whole thing. I knew which suit I wanted ( MK IV ) but wasnt happy with the pep files I found for anything other than the helm. And following your progress with Sketch-Base-Detail is now what Im planning on doing.

Once again beautiful work and props to you for being a female and showing us guys how its done :p
Lol thank you sir!! I'm glad showing my work has helped you with your build!!

UPDATE TIME!!

Spent my whoOOOOOLE day makin' me some shins!! BAM

Cutting and gluing pieces
AlyAmvUl.jpg

Put together
yWNwC1Dl.jpg

o3PhlSUl.jpg

Aaaaand detailed
P0l261Fl.jpg

UOEot4Vl.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaand on me with some knee pads.
oiDQOnLl.jpg

JCtp3K0l.jpg
Lol, my boy is all, "WHAT. Is this."
IXwAZi4l.jpg

UGNeI4vl.jpg

hz2fCmbl.jpg

Next up, probably the Ab/Cod since I don't think I have enough foam for thighs right now.

Thanks for all the comments guys, love ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man! Every time you make something it turns out looking so much better than mine! :)
How you do dat?
In all seriousness though, I find my self at a loss of words. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back