idk whats next ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr comandos

hay every one just wanted a little help over here with my ODST i made the shoulder peace first to try on it
and i actually ruined three or four helmets trying to bondo and resin but none of them really went good
so please tell me what to do and some hints please

and can someone please tell me how to get pictures in this thing ?

For your pictures try using a picture hosting site, most of us use photobucket (its free to sign up) upload your pictures to photobucket, then find the picture click it, and off to the right of the page there are links that you use to post the picture. Just copy and paste the link into your post.

As far as your ODST build goes...you've found out already it takes trial and error; a lot of it. Practice makes perfect, rarely are any of us happy with and keep our first attempt. The best advice I can give is to go back through the tutorials on the site, and take your time when building, rushing anything will be the bane of your build. Hope this helps, and good luck, cant wait to see what you make.
-KingAir

if you ruined a piece in resin you are doing to thick of coats. you want to apply resin in small areas and in very thin coats. when you do your first coat it should be bairly wet just enough to get the color change. I use foam brushes so I can get most of the resin out of the brush so its like coating it with something sticky. I aslo make it in small batches. while you spend more in brushes doing smaller sections and thin coats I found it is way better than trying to do a whe piece at once. My first project I resined a whole piece at a time and had to try and fight warping. im currently working on 2 suits ill get threads started on soon and doing the resin this way has made the work come out way better. I fore see a lot less bondo on the new suits. I recomend making a low def piece and practice what I said it should fix your problem.

thx a lot for the hints man u made your point clear when i saw the pics of your first armor
thank you

so this like the best pep i have done ( for me of course ) got it well folded and measured

20130623957_zps5df68342.jpg

20130624958_zps4248eecc.jpg

it looks a little bit small from that angel but it fits well to my shoulder
anyway thats my ODST armor tell now

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good. keep at it.

I forgot to add earlier I have recently started using craft sticks like mini popsicle sticks they can be great for support. just something to keep in mind for the bigger pieces.

anyway good work I look forward to seeing your progress.

ya thanks i am working with my arms and legs to finish this whole thing in a week or less before i travel so iam also working on a little magnum to add some edge to my armor
and about that support thing i used long thin wooden sticks it makes good support too

some tips:
take your time, my suit took 2 years to complete,
also, practice on small pieces, like a handplate or low def pep files (these you can use for scalin or experimenting)

When peping leave peparuka open for refrence, also always line up every number to its counterpart as best as possible.

Are you using cardstock or regular printer paper? The shoulder looks a little on the wavy side.

thanks but iam not doin a very big thing to take all that time iam just building an ODST armor and its already low DEF but iam taking my time no rush

after a week of dead pc this is my update on my ODST build . my magnum made of foam for the first time in my life with a lot of help from doc daily and da frontline trooper i got this result .
20130625959_zps652a5168.jpg

20130625961_zps82e3d6c5.jpg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w603/Amr_Comandos/20130701968_zpsc06dca7c.jpg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w603/Amr_Comandos/20130701969_zps34d537b1.jpg

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w603/Amr_Comandos/20130701970_zps80d3eb2c.jpg

and now i will get goin on my chest plate and my other shoulder guard . wish me luck :D

Attachments

• 20130625959_zps652a5168.jpg
    20130625959_zps652a5168.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 103
sorry guys for not logging in for almost .... 6 months but it wasnt in my hand
anyway i just returned to my project again today with my ODST armor , i made the chest plate along with one shoulder guard .... so ya that suckes
i think its small for my chest or what ?
201309091023_zps17834a60.jpg

201309091022_zpsdb6c98ca.jpg

The size of the chest piece looks pretty good, but I'll reiterate what was suggested earlier. Get some cardstock.

The reason using cardstock is that it will hold up to the fiberglass resin. Regular paper will fall apart and rip. Other than that it looks great.

okay then i will just go and find card stock and see what this will turn into
thx guys i appreciate the help

btw u can use it in a regular printer right ?

Yes , you can use a regular printer. Just put a small number of pieces into the printer at a time, or it will jam. Use 110 lb cardstock to.

I usually put 10 pieces in at a time. Depends on the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back