Halo 4 Sniper rifle AKA SRS99-S5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marves2142

So after trying on a few smaller items, like knives and stuff i thought i would give modeling a gun a go so i picked the SRS99-S5 from Halo 4 as below

I use Autodesk Inventor to do most of my work makes it easier to work on models so instead of working with individual polygons, like in 3DSMax, its just faces and edges.

Hope you enjoy.

800px-SRS99S5AM.png

I then searched for a flat side plan of the rifle, which i found (below)
SRS99-S5%20plan.jpg

After that i got started
SRS99-S5.jpg

after i had completed that i checked the size of the round the rifle fires so i made one from dimension that i had and went from there
SRS99-S5%20round%20size.jpg

after i checked that i moved on to modeling the upper receiver and the magazine
SRS99-S5%20wip%202.jpg

From there i have done the barrel and gas system, taking it from AutoDesk Inventor and moving in over to 3DSMax to mirror the sides to give it some definition
SRS99-S5%20wip%203.jpeg

And so far thats what iv gotten done in 2 days i would imagine there is another 2 days for in completing the rest, such as the rails, scope, muzzle brake, bipod and carry handle.

I'll keep posting as i go and once its done i'll open the file up for unfolding who ever wishes to do that please pm me.

more to come :D

Another few hours of work and i have got the muzzle brake and rails done :D , let me know what you all think, also i was going to inquire if it would be possible to get a few images of the other side of the rifle, with any detail but mainly the charging handle from anyone. Thanks

SRS99-S5%20wip%204.jpg

That is so cool. I am always amazed at this ability you guys have, to be able to take a flat picture and pull a 3d item from it. Well done mate. That is a serious looking weapon. Thanks for sharing....

So are you by any chance going to use this in public once you get this finished as a cosplay for conventions? I'm just concerned because the bullets look kinda real (compliment and warning) but other than that this looks awesome.

HAHA yer it will be but the round was just to help with scale.... and i got bored and coloured it.... but in Aus it shouldn't be a problem as long as the round is coloured accordingly and tagged correctly

That is so cool. I am always amazed at this ability you guys have, to be able to take a flat picture and pull a 3d item from it. Well done mate. That is a serious looking weapon. Thanks for sharing....

Thanks mate, tbh this is the first time i've done something like this my expertise is in architecture but that was a few years ago now, just thought i'd give it a go and see what happened hehe...

A few WIP pics for everyone, i completed the other side, scope and so on then put it all together to get a feel for the size of it and i think iv gotten in mostly correct, maybe a little thin but not by much so far for the first time iv done anything like this im damn happy with the way its turning out ^_^ ..... oh i put some writing on the side of the rifle.. just manufacture, model, caliber, Branch and serial number... just cause i could really... OH one more thing for the night, the writing on the side of the scope says "MISRIAH ARMORY 5-10x55 OICS" the OICS stands for Objective Individual Combat Scope

sniper%20wip%204.jpg

sniper%20wip%205.jpg

sniper%20wip%206.jpg

sniper%20wip%207.jpg

Could I see a wirerframe in max? Looks very clean is it just beveled or exported with a subd technique?
Never exported a model from inventor before. Wondered how the wire looks like.

im sorry for some reason i dont understand the question but i think its mainly because its 4:30 in the morning here XD but here is the wire frame of it, i was actually curious to see how it would look my self.
SRS99-S5%20wire.jpg

now that i've thought about it,, hehe... most of the edges are beveled or filleted to add definition and to add a bit of aesthetics, i then exported it as an IGES file type which is readable by 3DS Max. To be honest i rarely use Max and do 90% of my work in Inventor, Autodesk and to some extent Revit, but i must admit it has been a long time since i've done something of this caliber (no pun intended) so im relearning how to use the 3D programs again, albeit at an accelerated pace

36 hours later AAANNNDDD ITS DONE!!!!! well to the point im happy with it... let me know what you all think of it XD if you like it im going to continue doing other UNSC weapons, as it seems people are doing the Forerunner and Storm covenant ones. If you would like the model please PM me and ill send it through asap, this is more designed for CNC work than pep and may require some work to make it pep ready. But i wont know till someone tries >.> and im no good at unfolding things...
SRS99-S5%20done%201.jpg

SRS99-S5%20done%202.jpg

SRS99-S5%20done%203.jpg

SRS99-S5%20done%204.jpg

:D thank you, i find the smallest details are the biggest eye catchers so i tend to focus on that >.> sometime a little too much hehe....

If you somehow manage to make the picatinny rail work as intended with the scope, you'd become a prop-making hero in my eyes.

This is amazing project so far bro, keep up the amazing work !!!

Thank you ^_^ my next real big project will be the SAW

If you somehow manage to make the picatinny rail work as intended with the scope, you'd become a prop-making hero in my eyes.

tis the way i designed it the sizes are exact, with about half a mil of added space all that it would need are the locking nuts and it would work strait of the Machine ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back