Marves2142's Halo 4 UNSC Marine (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marves2142

This has been one of the longest running projects iv ever done its been 10 months in the making of figuring things out and working on it slowly, this stuff is for my group here in Brisbane the 105th Division, WE ARE FINALLY GOING BACK TO OUR ROOTS!!!! :D
halo_4_unsc_marine_infantry_2_final_by_kory_lynn_hubbell.jpg

anyways..... the whole lot is being based of a plate carrier the Pantac RAV, which will arrive in about 2 weeks and the whole lot will just loop into the molle on the vest plain and simple... i hope... the good thing is i'll be finally starting this project with in the end of the month... or after my groups next large event the Brisbane Zombie Walk in October
sVT-C701-TN-M-1.jpg

good news is i don't have to do the helmet because i found a file for it... but it needs to be unfolded... and im crap at that stuff.... if anyone would be willing to help i would be in your dept :) Helmet .pdo and .obj
marine%20Helmet.jpg

BUT anyways... ON TO MY HAS WORK!!!
for some reason i like to see what i need to do before i actually do it... its just something i need to do for some reason even though i don't need to it just helps...

HERE WE GO!!!!
The first process is to take what is seen on the image and make a 2D sketch of it and start work
UNSCMC%20so%20far.jpg

Then what i do is add the depth, fillet or chamfer most of the edges then add the bends to get a curve in the armour, like so
marine%20wip.jpg

marine%20wip%201.jpg

This project will be on going for a very... very... very... long time, ill be making several sizes for each plate carrier size that my team gets and basically casting or vacuum forming most of it....

hope you all enjoy as much as i do :D

sVT-C701-TN-M-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so i finally got the front done and im actually really happy with it. Let me all know what you think. i really want to get some opinions on how close iv gotten :)
Marine%20wip%203.jpg

Marine%20wip%204.jpg

Marine%20wip%205.jpg

Marine%20wip%206.jpg

Almost done on the unfold of your helmet. It is detailed. Lots of small places. Which makes small folds. Wow.

Thanks to Reiseman for unfolding the helmet. If you would like it the link is below

NOW it begins the BUILD HAS BEGUN!!!! >.>

2013-08-06%2021.30.06.jpg

2013-08-06%2021.30.16.jpg

2013-08-06%2021.30.36.jpg

Helmet

Last edited by a moderator:
another days work and we have a helmet shape :D i must say this must be one of the most difficult peps iv done in a while but it looks damn good, all i have to do is the detail in the back of the helmet then thats all done. what do you all think do far?

2013-08-07%2023.54.46.jpg

2013-08-07%2023.54.33.jpg

2013-08-07%2023.55.28.jpg

Looks pretty good from here. I hope the parts weren't too horrible to assemble. I tried to make it builder friendly. Although there were a few really awkward pieces. I really like the helmet attachment. On my grandson's Jorge helm I wound up getting a couple of really strong (really strong) magnets. Hot glued one dead center inside and one on the attachment. Will probably make your version and give it to him... a little variety. Keep the pics coming...

Looks pretty good from here. I hope the parts weren't too horrible to assemble. I tried to make it builder friendly. Although there were a few really awkward pieces. I really like the helmet attachment. On my grandson's Jorge helm I wound up getting a couple of really strong (really strong) magnets. Hot glued one dead center inside and one on the attachment. Will probably make your version and give it to him... a little variety. Keep the pics coming...

so far it hasn't been too bad just time consuming but thats not so bad, it can be a bit fiddly in places, the real test comes when i have to do that detail on the back

hmmm thats not a bad idea :D magnets i'll give it a go i've got a few lying around here somewhere

another day another 6 hours of work on the helmet... i didn't get much done... well if you have seen the pep files for this thing then maybe a lot... >.> so many small pieces...

2013-08-08%2018.45.45.jpg

2013-08-08%2018.46.03.jpg

2013-08-08%2018.41.05.jpg

Huey man what programs would I need to start doing this because their are no halo 4 rogue suits or halo wars suits due to the extreme detail and I want to make one?!?

A certainly ambitious project. I like the whole concept of cosplaying the basic grunts of the UNSC and I wish you guys luck in your effort.

A certainly ambitious project. I like the whole concept of cosplaying the basic grunts of the UNSC and I wish you guys luck in your effort.

I feel they have been under done and understated tbh, and thats the same with my whole team, so we wish to portray them as best we can down to the smallest detail with the costumes and gear, even as far as props that we are looking at doing to go along with the whole idea

I love the progress, and I wish I had those kind of skills on Inventor. My ODST Armor is going so slow right now, and this gave me more of a boost to keep pushing.

I love the progress, and I wish I had those kind of skills on Inventor. My ODST Armor is going so slow right now, and this gave me more of a boost to keep pushing.

^_^ thank you mate im glad this has helping you along. >.> don't worry about inventor to much its taken me 7 years of using it to get to this stage, iv been using it since i was 15 and im now 21 soon to be 22, hehe im normally a lot slower than this but i've got a lot of time on my hands now days, being unemployed sucks :p

awesome work man!! i might actually tackle this as soon as i get everything else finished

Thanks mate, i must say its one of the most complex pep files i've done... >.> and i've done the HD M7S from halo 3 ODST

Sorry for the lack of updates i've kinda had to take my time with the mask of the helmet... my hands have started to shake so when they aren't im building but i can only do it for about 2-3 hours at a time most days, i hope to have it done tomorrow or the day after.

bit of an update for everyone THE MASK IS DONE!!!! its just tacked in place here and there with hot glue >.> unfortunately with the mask on it wont fit my head so ill have to get inventive to clip the mask in place and id rather not have magnets so close to my temples.... >.>

2013-08-14%2022.29.04.jpg

2013-08-14%2022.29.11.jpg

2013-08-14%2022.29.36.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back