Solanius' Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solanius

G'day everyone!

For a fair while now I've wanted to make my Spartan from Reach, and after months of reading tuts and putting it off, I've finally started my first build.
I made this thread in the hopes of getting feedback to improve, and motivation to complete :)

Anyway, here's what the end result will (hopefully) look like:
5sjNUbF.png

(Still haven't completely decided on the colours)

And here's what I've finished so far :
Wed8JYf.jpg

qPJmuAB.png

I mostly followed Evakura's tutorials for the Forearm and the Bicep (Most comprehensive and detailed tutorials on the net for a beginner, check him out) though I did stray a bit once I got the basics down.
The shoulder-guard was adapted from a pep file. Altered the detail parts to more closely fit the concept/ingame counterpart.

At this point in time, I feel like I haven't scaled the forearm and biceps up nearly enough. The armor seems a whole lot bigger in all my refs.
Or it could be that I have stick arms.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 5sjNUbF.png
    5sjNUbF.png
    730.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 5sjNUbF.png
    5sjNUbF.png
    730.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Wed8JYf.jpg
    Wed8JYf.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 111
  • qPJmuAB.png
    qPJmuAB.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 153
XsjSRf7.jpg

I ended up remaking the chest piece, only to find out I've scaled it up too much :\
I'm really bad at this, taking measurements is clearly not my forte.

Attachments

• XsjSRf7.jpg
    XsjSRf7.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 116
Uycb9w9.jpg

Disregard last post - with a few more pieces it fits me almost perfectly. Spartans are meant to have bulky torsos anyway.
Running low on foam, need to take another trip :'(

Attachments

• Uycb9w9.jpg
    Uycb9w9.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 117
Agreed.
Plus having a larger torso piece means the less work you need to do in order to cover up your stomach section.

Keep up the good work.

Hey guys, I'm still here!
Been real busy with uni lately, but I've been working on my armour on my days off.
Managed to fully finish the torso, and am about 3/4 through the helmet!
xAl906M.jpg

I was tossing up between pep and foam for the helmet, but I settled on working with what I had.
There's been a few finicky bits, but I'm pretty stoked how it's come out so far, especially since it's foam.

Really resisting the urge to rush ahead and get a visor for it, I feel like wearing it around all the time :eek:

Completed the back of the torso as well, see below. :)

qcIVeMi.jpg

70cmdTO.jpg

Attachments

• xAl906M.jpg
    xAl906M.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 121
  • qcIVeMi.jpg
    qcIVeMi.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 70cmdTO.jpg
    70cmdTO.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 118