I have my base for the warthog im thinking about building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mid7night said:
You might consider making the expanded troop-carrying Hog variant. It would save you having to make and mount a cannon, and it hasn't been done yet. Most people do the LAAG or Gauss version, but the troop version would make sense here. Plus you'd make the drivers around you MUCH less nervous! (probably get pulled over less too, if you ever drove it out'a MT)

~ Mid7night

Yeah, and if we eventually get to do parade duty, a troop carrier 'hog loaded with Marines and ODST's driven by the Chief would be pretty spiff.

Whichever you make, good luck with your build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a suggestion, but couldnt you theoretically do both? I mean, just like how you can buy a canapy cover for a truck that you would just put over the tail gate, you could do the same type of thing.

If you want a regular warthog, just mount the turret, but if you want the troop carrier, just take out the turret, put in the middle seat and put the cage/cover right over. I can see it working if you wanted to do that

dunno if you've considered this but the truck is probably too long and youll have to cut the frame and shorten it. i could be wrong.

If I were you I'd probably start with the 3-D files of the warthog, and attempt to scale them up to the vehicles size. It's completely doable.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

For some reason its not letting me download the 3D Files for the warthog, I will try again later. As of right now I have to strip down my truck any ways. Once that is complete I can start to work on the scale. Anyone already have the Size and dimensions of what a warthog would be in real life?

I was also going to recommend the troop carrier version. In the missions it's my vehicle of choice

Col. McBride Tyson L. said:
Anyone already have the Size and dimensions of what a warthog would be in real life?

From Halopedia:

Length 6.1 meters (20 feet

Width 3 meters (9.75 feet)

Height/depth 3.2 meters (10.5 feet)

Mass 3 metric tons (3.25 tons)

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Warthog

And about the turret/no turret question... I think you should do the turret, but make it removable... so that you can have the troop version OR the armed version depending on what the occasion was.

Sean Bradley said:
From Halopedia:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Warthog
And about the turret/no turret question... I think you should do the turret, but make it removable... so that you can have the troop version OR the armed version depending on what the occasion was.

Thank you, also if you happen to have the 3D model of the hog could you email it to me? If so ill PM you my email. For some reason It will not let me download the pep file. I was going to use that, then scale it for the body panels. I realy need to look at the 3D model so I can start getting the project organized, and figure out a starting point other then striping down the truck.

I just have the low res one that is hosted at the 405th wiki. I'll be getting home form work in about an hour..

Send me a PM with your email, and I'll send it to you when I get home.

Anybody else who has access to the file, should they contact you? Might be able to get it quicker that way... maybe theres a better version out there by chance?

Just put up a general request here, and you should get plenty of response.

-Sean

File sent.

It was bevbor's that I had saved... maybe you already have it now.

Anyhow, good luck with this!

just a question, my dad is a mechanic so i know a few things about cars, are you going to put a role cage in it so you'll have extra protection driving down the road, and try putting a big block in it, just for torck, speed acceleration, horse power, and those kinda things :D that everyone loves, well the best of luck

i have some quick input. wouldnt 6.1 meters be a bit much for a warthog. its huge compared to regular 2 seater military vehical. must have alot of hidden crgo space or something for that size!

spartan 26 said:
just a question, my dad is a mechanic so i know a few things about cars, are you going to put a role cage in it so you'll have extra protection driving down the road, and try putting a big block in it, just for torck, speed acceleration, horse power, and those kinda things :D that everyone loves, well the best of luck

The Sierra Denali Engine Specs

Engine Size and Type: 6.0-liter V8
Engine Horsepower: 325 @ 5,000 rpm
Engine Torque: 370 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm

I will run a 3.5 inch exhaust no cat with a resonator. at stock 325hp add the Vortec Supercharger thats another 150hp at 7lbs of boost. Again MT has no emission laws. And being legal in MT and having MT plates means I em exempt from any other state laws when or while driving it in that state!!! As far as a roll cadge goes, Main cabin most likely will be reinforced with some type of roll bar. As far as needing it, I doubt I will be driving this thing down the interstate. If I take it out of state it will be towed on a trailer to the destination.

Awesome idea, good luck with this... and I suggest having multiple people working on it... so it can get done in a reasonable amount of time... I know there's lots of people that visit this forum and maybe people with enough time/money can make a small section of it and then ship it? Probably not a good idea but just a thought, because I'd really like to see this done...

Ok, If someone has them I need Detailed pictures of the WartHog, Front, Rear, Left/Right Side And Right/Left Side Interior. I have the basic 3D Model and now I need to start looking at some details. Constructing the basic body design from the pep file will be easy (Not including mounting to the Frame). Its the details that will really suck. I will be looking for pictures also, but if you have some or have a link to another discussion with pictures post it up. I would search but as of right now I am headed to bed. Im running on two hours of sleep in the past three days. Night all

Col. McBride Tyson L. said:
The Sierra Denali Engine Specs

Engine Size and Type: 6.0-liter V8
Engine Horsepower: 325 @ 5,000 rpm
Engine Torque: 370 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
I will run a 3.5 inch exhaust no cat with a resonator. at stock 325hp add the Vortec Supercharger thats another 150hp at 7lbs of boost. Again MT has no emission laws. And being legal in MT and having MT plates means I em exempt from any other state laws when or while driving it in that state!!! As far as a roll cadge goes, Main cabin most likely will be reinforced with some type of roll bar. As far as needing it, I doubt I will be driving this thing down the interstate. If I take it out of state it will be towed on a trailer to the destination.
ok thanks for answering my question :D good luck

spartan 26 said:
ok thanks for answering my question :D good luck

No Problem, I am also a gear head. Although its a hobby and not a profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back