Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've starred this torso piece and I must say, it is phenomenal. Only problem I have is the narrow neck piece, but I think I'll do what WVISION did. Also WVISION, could you take some more photos off the top of your torso so I can see how you modded it?

What's the best number to scale this at for someone who is 6' 1"?
I also need help scaling. I'm 5'9'' and scaled it to a height of 38 cm. It was much too small, but 38 cm is fairly tall for me. I guess it's all about proportion, so I guess I'll scale from width rather than height.

Sorry for the delay.

Here's the modified collar front and the back which I rounded out myself. This should give me a nice surface later to build the rest out of foam or mold a foam seal insert later. I double up on the card stock behind the main form to help keep it nice an straight. also made the collar tabs meet just below the separation mark so when I split it front to back the collar tabs go with the front piece.

Hope this helps.

For anyone around the height of 5'7.5"-5'8" with a slim/athletic build, I have scaled the width to 405mm after using the method WVISION talked about to scale this piece:

"Well L3X provided me with a nice tool to verify a measurement for scale built in .. I printed the inside reinforcement strip and the 2 pieces that attached to it and used it as a shoulder measuring tap"

So far, it looks to fit perfect. Hope that helps anyone of similar height :)
I'll post again when my build is more complete to verify if it truely is bang on.

- X.

For anyone around the height of 5'7.5"-5'8" with a slim/athletic build, I have scaled the width to 405mm after using the method WVISION talked about to scale this piece:

So far, it looks to fit perfect. Hope that helps anyone of similar height :)
I'll post again when my build is more complete to verify if it truely is bang on.

- X.
I'm 5' 9'' with a scaled width of 390 mm. No wonder my torso piece seemed small. :p
I've gone through 60 sheets of card stock. I feel bad now.

Scaling formula for L3X's Reach torso v3

I've been looking at L3X's torso model (awesome, btw) and I've come up with a scaling formula for this. Measure the width of your shoulders in centimeters. Use a picture of Noble-6 to see which points on the shoulders you should measure. Then use the formula below:

Assembled Height (in mm) = 10.4 x (shoulder width in cm)

Hope this helps.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates! My computers been acting kind of crazy but i think ive finally got it under control! Well, if you check out the first post you'll notice that ive updated it with a little extra special addition. And for all you ladies out there, im about 3/4s of the way done unfolding the female version so it will probably be up by the end of the weekend!

Took 1 look at this and well.... needless to say its on my printer as we speak. I'll put this together this weekend. Love it

Hey L3X. Could you please reupload the UA-Base Security, Because it wont let me download it and I would really like to have it. Thanks. :)

Hey man, I was wondering if you will be doing a Jorge torso with the "Padding" that the standard Mk V chest has?

-Pony

You could make this chest, and make only the cylinder and collar pieces from a pep file and just put that on the current one, the grenadier chest attachment is just the collar and cylinder, i have the grenadier for my reach character and noticed its just laying on top of the base chest, but L3X, if you want to make one that is more of a attachment, that would be awsome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back