Helmet Problem Plz Help( Read Stickies Still Need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its really warped but thats because its caving in it never looked like this if you want you can even check my progress thread on my profile

No in the paragraph I said I used the hot glue method. The white cloth is just a new under shirt cut up to cover up the glue with so it doesnt aborb heat and melt in hot wheather

Bloodwaker said:
No if you harden you usually use 1 or the other lol. I used the hot glue method

Then thats why its caving in, there is no support. The visor is pulling the paper in different Directions, it needs to be Fiber glassed / hardened, that will solve your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iteration said:
Then thats why its caving in, there is no support. The visor is pulling the paper in different Directions, it needs to be Fiber glassed / hardened, that will solve your problem.

Well there's your Problem! :p

Alright it seems your a little confused. The only thing "hot glue method" replaces is fiberglassing the inside of your helmet. Because you did not resin the outside first, the weight of the glue on the paper is causing it to warp. Id say do another pep model, but resin the outside before you hot glue the inside.

The hot glue method was created for those who couldn't afford fiberglass materials. However, decent resin is relatively cheap, so buy some resin! ;)

good luck on your project

my helmet came out perfectly, and i was using my "Safety Method" which is using hot clue and cardboard on the inside, i didnt use any reinforcement at all on the outside, then just bondo'd it, and it came out perfect, however you will have to use card, if youre using paper, youre screwed.

We sue the AC DUCT Light Aul tape to do all our pep 3 layers of the you have a metal helmet. STRONG enough to pore plaster in. Try add that.

Gravemind. :D

Rob said:
We sue the AC DUCT Light Aul tape to do all our pep 3 layers of the you have a metal helmet. STRONG enough to pore plaster in. Try add that.

Gravemind. :D
thats the metal tape they use with HVAC, right? no wonder its strong, how much does that cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back