Scaling Attempt #2: Handplate

It's not the detail, it's the scale!

• Too big :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too small :(

• Perfect! :D

• Good enough that it won't be noticed with the rest of the armour on :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SparTom007

Jr Member
Yeah, I tried to scale some handplates this time (why didn't I use the testers?) I thought I could get it first time but am not quite sure so here are some pics:

S4021953.jpg

S4021954.jpg

S4021955.jpg

Thought this view might help see how it fits into the hand and I think you should consider that eventually this will be covered by a fatass glove for the underarmour so needs a tad more space than just the hand!
S4021956.jpg

A perfect fit for my fist and although it doesn't look like it, my hand is quite big for a sixteen year old! I have size 10 (UK) (11 in US I think) shoes which is above average by a couple of sizes! and I guess they are kind of proportionate (is that a word? it is now!)
S4021957.jpg

This version is just a test for the scale and is my first time using card and glue to put it together so I am quite proud nonetheless. I also need help with the problem of cutting the circle holes out because I can't find my craft knife at the moment so I can't do that! Is there another way that will achieve just as good results (I can't do the fold and stick the scissors in because they're too big!
Thanks

SparTom

Oh yeah, attempt #1 is coming soon because I can't get pics yet (actual piece is at my nans house were I did it) and you will have a laugh at this as we all did and I may reveal my face online for the first time ever!! By putting it on and when you see it, you will see why that is such a big deal!

errr. wow, how small are your hands? Those are way too big, hate to be blunt, but resizing them will give you a much better result.. Good job on the pep though

volkov said:
errr. wow, how small are your hands? Those are way too big, hate to be blunt, but resizing them will give you a much better result.. Good job on the pep though
Good job on the pep! Really!! THANKS!! I thought they sucked! I had them amazingly warped and actually bent them into symmetry and luckily they didn't elasticate and start to bend back to the original position!

My hands aren't small are they? I make up for it with big feet if so amongst other things... :D

I will resize them if you say sir but first I need more input from other members of the 405th!

BTW can you help with my circle hole cutting problem explained in the OP, thanks

SparTom

EDIT: It's gonna be amazingly difficult smaller because some tabs on that fat piece are already less than a CM big! Yeah and I looked at some pics and its laughable how crap I am at scaling, I need to get that first attempt up because its worse than ever thought possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
if youll be wearing big gloves, like blackjack gloves, then they should be ok, but if youre wearing tight gloves they definatly need rescaling, if it were me, even with blackjack gloves i would rescale.

Zenzeigan said:
if youll be wearing big gloves, like blackjack gloves, then they should be ok, but if youre wearing tight gloves they definatly need rescaling, if it were me, even with blackjack gloves i would rescale.
I will have thick gloves on and the plate will be filled with something shaped to my glove when I make it that far but I will resize anyway! Oh well, thats why I make test versions: because I fail! "One day, but that day may never come, I may" post a thread, to show my finished armour "until that day," accept these failures, "as" luls!!
Godfather FTW!!

SparTom007 said:
I will have thick gloves on and the plate will be filled with something shaped to my glove when I make it that far but I will resize anyway! Oh well, thats why I make test versions: because I fail! "One day, but that day may never come, I may" post a thread, to show my finished armour "until that day," accept these failures, "as" luls!!
Godfather FTW!!

You should use size testers in future, there are handplate size testers somewhere, there just the same model but much lower detail without the "Dents" theyre technically the same model, just builders so you can get the scale correctly from then onwards.

i 'Think' i did mine at 2.5cm, im not sure though, it was either 2.5cm or 1.5cm i cant quite remember

what scaling did you use on yours?

Zenzeigan said:
You should use size testers in future, there are handplate size testers somewhere, there just the same model but much lower detail without the "Dents" theyre technically the same model, just builders so you can get the scale correctly from then onwards.

i 'Think' i did mine at 2.5cm, im not sure though, it was either 2.5cm or 1.5cm i cant quite remember

what scaling did you use on yours?
Lol I mentioned why I stupidly used the detailed version thinking I could handle it easy first time try!

MegaLOL 3.5cm!!! Epice Fail

I changed my avatar and signature lol!

Change the size of your sig...it's against the rules for it to be that big.

But yeah, with gloves, that should be good, if not just a TAD bit big.

EDIT : And about the circle cutting hole deal, get an exacto-knife. much easier to make precise cuts you need for the HD handplates.

EDIT #2 : Decided to read the full OP for once :p Can't you just buy another one?

3.5cm? That is the HD Handplate's default size.

You should try scaling it to your height, it might seem small/big, but if you scale the rest of the suit to the same, it should look fine.

well im under 6ft by a bit. i done 2.5cm, but they were also a tad big, try 2.5 on the tester, and if its a tad big go for 2.25cm

You think youve got big feet?

But honostley feet have nothing to do with hands.

Anyways, You could poke a hole in the center of the circle and use scisors to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back