Scaling properly Gauntlet Masterchief

Polochoon

Hi Everyone,

I'm actually trying to reach my dream building my Halo Masterchief Cosplay.

I made the helmet and the 2 biceps also hand plate and shoulder plate, but now I'm working on the Arms or the gauntlet.

I'm stuck with one point.
e5GK0h1.png

On this model from Galactic Armory, if I scale it properly for my hand go through the bottom hole, then the upper part is waaaaaayyyy to big.

Any idea to fit perfectly my arm please ?

Great question!
There are two options that might work for you.
Option that might work: If you have Armorsmith Designer, you can "free-form-deform" a part you need to adjust in the program. This is a great method because you can make sure the armor will still fit you while it is in the program. The downside is that it does not always export properly.
Option that will work: You can modify the part in Blender using the Lattice modifier. The Lattice is an easy tool to use that can easily distort and alter the shape of an object without having to go in and modify it by individual vertices. Make sure to to hit "apply" after you are done in the Modifier tab, and export it as an .stl.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Great question!
There are two options that might work for you.
Option that might work: If you have Armorsmith Designer, you can "free-form-deform" a part you need to adjust in the program. This is a great method because you can make sure the armor will still fit you while it is in the program. The downside is that it does not always export properly.
Option that will work: You can modify the part in Blender using the Lattice modifier. The Lattice is an easy tool to use that can easily distort and alter the shape of an object without having to go in and modify it by individual vertices. Make sure to to hit "apply" after you are done in the Modifier tab, and export it as an .stl.

I hope this helps, good luck!
Thx this is a very quality answer you just gave to me. I did install Blender when I was looking for this and couldn't fine the tool. Thx for the link also, I'm going to check that :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back