Halo 3 Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
CommanderFluffy said:
i have a feeling somewhere in texas (no offence to anyone who lives there but theres some crazy people there) that one kid is going to go crazy and someone is going to blame it on obama cause i know alot of people in texus dont like dark skinned people...

or the next ting could be.... well started with comics, then looney toons, wolfenstein 3d, gta series, movies, saw movies, big bird and sesame street, star trek once upon a time.. i dont know what else there could be that the media and public can blame... oh the space program lol
Yeah i think comics may start it next. Watchmen is coming out, kids will see the movie, learn about the book and see how much more violent and explicit it is, and then the media will twist it in to some kind of sick horror story about sex, drugs, and violence when it is not. just like they did with the movie tropic thunder and the "retard" scene, Just like they've done too shooting and Medival slayer games, and just like they've done to music, they twist it too mean something repulsive and just wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with most of y'all about the media, that is why I now watch only Fox News these days (They are actually central on most issues).

Also, most of the networks are hypocrites. Think about it, they allow shows like 24, The Shield, and other violent shows on prime time, then they condemn our favorite FPS games for violence. I bet the anchors doing the condeming even allow their kids to play these "violent games" behind closed doors.

I also blame them for misinforming the general public about most everything. Typical pathetic fools who talk it but don't walk it. I say hang them along with the kid (although that will never happen).

It's sad that defense lawyers will find any reason other than "my client is guilty". I hate hearing stuff like this because A. it is pathetic that this was said to be the reasoning for what he did and B. because it gives video games a bad name and it ends up being more ammo for all the parties that want the laws for games to be more strict. C'mon, the kid is 17, he knows that when you shoot someone and they die, they stay dead.

i bet the media can link a video game to almost any rape or murder, almost everybody plays them.
"it is believed that the motive for this murder was because his girlfriend said, quote, 'halo is gay, stop wasting your life'"

i can see it now....

...oh wait, i think i already have

DAMN YOU NEWZZZ PEOPLEZZZZZ

Other than the ratings systems, video game laws are unconstitutional anyways.

If kids are playing violent video games, it's not the fault of the creator of the game, it's the fault of a parent buying their kid an M rated game.

I work in an electronics department, and it's amazing how many parents don't research the games they're going to buy for their kids. Most of them don't even know what the little letter on the box means.

People, stop flaming the article. People CAN mix reality with unreality.

Numerous mental issues cause the brain to perceive the world differently than the average mind. This is easily proven in other people who have mental disabilities such as retardation or ADD. However, more serious conditions can make it much harder to distinguish between reality and fiction, which can cause anything from a speech disability to a murder.

I think it is fairly obvious, from what I've read, that the teenager had some sort of mental condition. The defense should have him tested for any mental abnormalities, but how conclusive that would be is beyond me.

Also, if someone with tendencies to confuse reality with unreality plays a video game with respawning way too much, he may literally have thought that people simply respawn when they are killed in real life.

Also, his addiction may explain why he would go so far to get it back. He doesn't necessarily have a "sick mind", especially if he can't tell what is sick and what is not.

People don't realize that logic is relative. What one person considers an obvious answer may be absurd to another, and what one person thinks is crystal clear may be freakishly confusing to someone else. The only reason a majority of the world thinks the same way is that everyone is being raised in a world that is completely linked together through the media, internet, television, radio, newspaper, etc.

[/wall]

While I can understand playing Devil's advocate, the statements that were made about the boy's inability to distinguish reality from Halo 3 where more than likely just a desperate attempt by his defense lawyer.

Veritech017 said:
While I can understand playing Devil's advocate, the statements that were made about the boy's inability to distinguish reality from Halo 3 where more than likely just a desperate attempt by his defense lawyer.

I haven't seen him in person, so I wouldn't be able to tell exactly, but his mindset in so many videos I've seen of him tells me that he has SOME sort of mental condition. It could be a last chance effort by his lawyer, yes, but we will never really know until he is thoroughly tested for a mental condition. Someone who can't possibly tell the difference between right and wrong shouldn't be in jail for as long as someone with an ability to distinguish between them, right?

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
People, stop flaming the article. People CAN mix reality with unreality.

Numerous mental issues cause the brain to perceive the world differently than the average mind. This is easily proven in other people who have mental disabilities such as retardation or ADD. However, more serious conditions can make it much harder to distinguish between reality and fiction, which can cause anything from a speech disability to a murder.

I think it is fairly obvious, from what I've read, that the teenager had some sort of mental condition. The defense should have him tested for any mental abnormalities, but how conclusive that would be is beyond me.

Also, if someone with tendencies to confuse reality with unreality plays a video game with respawning way too much, he may literally have thought that people simply respawn when they are killed in real life.

Also, his addiction may explain why he would go so far to get it back. He doesn't necessarily have a "sick mind", especially if he can't tell what is sick and what is not.

People don't realize that logic is relative. What one person considers an obvious answer may be absurd to another, and what one person thinks is crystal clear may be freakishly confusing to someone else. The only reason a majority of the world thinks the same way is that everyone is being raised in a world that is completely linked together through the media, internet, television, radio, newspaper, etc.

[/wall]

Like I said before, Although I do agree with most of your statement. The fact is, the kid had to of known his parents would not come back to life. Why else would he have planned on making it look like a Murder/Suicide for the Police? If someone really had thought that there parents would respawn after why would he go through all of that trouble to make it look like a Murder/Suicide and try to get away with the murders? My point is, even though he was crazy enough to kill his parents. I doubt he was crazy enough to not know the difference between Reality and Fantasy. This kid is guilty and deserves to be swinging from a tree.

CommanderFluffy said:
i have a feeling somewhere in texas (no offence to anyone who lives there but theres some crazy people there) that one kid is going to go crazy and someone is going to blame it on obama cause i know alot of people in texus dont like dark skinned people...

Woah, jumping to a few conclusions are we? Don't get me wrong, I know a few places that are still Sunset towns if you know what I mean. But I've been through all the deep south and the southwest and there is a hell of a lot more racism in the old south than texas and the southwest.

But it's mutual I guess. I never got so many "I hate you because you're white" treatments as in mississippi. Maybe I was just in the wrong areas though.

Sigma-LS said:
Woah, jumping to a few conclusions are we? Don't get me wrong, I know a few places that are still Sunset towns if you know what I mean. But I've been through all the deep south and the southwest and there is a hell of a lot more racism in the old south than texas and the southwest.

But it's mutual I guess. I never got so many "I hate you because you're white" treatments as in mississippi. Maybe I was just in the wrong areas though.

I have to say I agree with Sigma, there are many states that have documented more violent and non-violent racist acts then Texas, all those states are mostly in the old "deep south". To stereotype a person by the place they come from is just as bad as by the color of there skin. Racism and stereotypes are a person to person issue, no matter where you are.

Ok...I just read the small article and all I have to say is...WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING!!

Nobody should NEVER kill somebody over a stupid video game. Those things were meant to entertain us not to encourage us to kill people. If we keep getting more dumb crap like this get ready to say goodbye to videogames FOREVER.

What he did was pretty bloody stupid, i'm glad they are giving that little f*ckup a life sentence, he totally deserves it.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

The Hunter II4 said:
WHAT THE F#@$ ! that kid has some serious problem ;)

anyway, If this kid had a mental problem why would he be able to get ahold of a gun in his own home. I really want to know why this kid was in reach of gun, even at the age of 17, I do not think kids should be able to pick up a gun with out parental supervision.

I bet he's insane because he played a few rounds of matchmaking with my brother.

Edit: Wait did he expect his parents to respawn?

Bigalt424 said:
I bet he's insane because he played a few rounds of matchmaking with my brother.

Edit: Wait did he expect his parents to respawn?

I myself see this as the classic "I'll murder and blame a game" complex. This kid has to have major issues, but I'm sure he has played far worse games then Halo 3. Those the have mental issues but DO know right from wrong always try to blame something, other then themselves. If he truly though it was like the game, or they would respawn, he wouldn't have tried to cover it up. On another note, I wonder if he has been violent in the past.

hey all
First off, I would like to pay my respects to the mother.
second, JESUS THIS KID IS ***KING CRAZY! screw life in prison, he needs the CHAIR
It is the parents fault too for buying him the game.
This reminds me of the common story up here of Brandon Crisp. Crisp plays CoD4, his parents take it away, he runs away and is found dead, and they think he died from falling from a tree because of bodily wounds that implicate that.
A F***ING TREE!
anyway this is just going to turn into an open and shut case of people blaming videogames because their thick minds let the media convince them that that is the culprit.
Soon enough we are going to be playing games in caves because the government has made them illegal.

You want to see something that could really screw you up. Watch Higurashi no koro ni (When they Cry). Freaking great series about consequences and whatnot but messed up. The japanese had to pull an episode because there were murders that were way too erily similar to what was on there done by kids. We're talking about people that have sex game shows pulling the plug on it. Most video games don't hold a candle to it. It's funny that it was a series of video games first but never had the problem until it was turned into a TV show.

Example. It's all about decisions. Situation: Your divorced dad has been spending a lot of money on this sleazy chick he met and has fallen in love with (Like honey I bought you a new Mercedes today lot). You find out the chick is just playing him and wants his money (She has another guy that's her real boyfriend). You confront her about it and she threatens to kill you and tells you they just got engaged at the same time. Do you: A. Talk to your Dad and tell him to wake-up and cut all ties with the skank or B: Assume your Dad won't listen and kill her with a blunt object, cut up the body to make it easier to hide then take care of her real boyfriend to make sure he doesn't cause any further problems for your family.

Yeah Halo, not so violent now is it?

i still dont know why halo is rated M, i know games that are more violent and are rated T. Probably because of the multiplayer language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back