Halo 3 Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
TwitchFMX8811 said:
Its been a LONG time since ive been on here due to personal issues that need my attention but I ran across this today and thought id share it with you guys.

http://news.aol.com/article/ohio-teen-kill...deo-game/302589
Happy armor making. Hope I can get back soon. :(

lol yah i just read it dude my mom is ganna get a kick out of this cause i get angry when i play 1 broken control 2 more to go lol :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this elsewhere, and I still say it's pathetic.

I mean, come on. This kid was OBVIOUSLY deranged from the start - games don't make people killers, it's their psychosis that does it. Why this kid never got any help is beyond me.

what an effing idiot
"didnt know his parents would be dead forever"
wtf??? who gets reality mixed up with a game?

and what idiots they are for claiming video games make people killers

c'mon, give a little credit to our schools

no, but seriously, games dont make people killers. Though that are quite addictive and can make you a little angry, they dont make you kill.

darkm2021 said:
what an effing idiot

no, but seriously, games dont make people killers. Though that are quite addictive and can make you a little angry, they dont make you kill.

dudes a psychopath just they way there born thats why he got reality mixed with fiction but yah it pisses me off when ppl say games kill

o what....this dude thought they would respawn some where else in the house.....?!?!?! f*cking nutjobs making it bad for every one else....sry if this sounds insensitive ...but they raised him....maybe they should have taken some more time with him

godsarmor said:
dudes a psychopath just they way there born thats why he got reality mixed with fiction but yah it pisses me off when ppl say games kill

I know what you mean, it's like the idiots who say guns kill people when the reality is it is the person behind the trigger that is the deciding factor. The kid is nuts; he shot his own parents, so he deserves whatever the judge give him.

Don't you hate it when they try to blam something else for a persons actions, as if they are trying to justify it? Case and point.

Get that kid help before he does something worse. Pathetic kid. :(

darkm2021 said:
what an effing idiot

i agree with u guys that games do not make u a killer.

*nods in agreement*

I don't believe any of the BS that people say about how violent TV shows, movies or video games make a person violent. If a person is, then it's because that was already in thier nature to begin with.

Yes, to a degree everyone is capable of such things (it's simply part of the genetic make-up of our species), but what sets us apart from these people is that we understand and acknowledge the difference between right and wrong.

Many of us would obviously think first before doing any such thing as it immediately strikes us as immoral, but there are those -- like this dumb punk -- who feel that they're justified in acting so whenever it suits them.

It annoys me too, to no end, how our society tries to blame someone or something else for these things, when they should really be looking at the situation itself and those involved in it, not look for a scape goat elsewhere to explain these things away.

Of course, it's far easier to do that than to see things for how they really are. Some people prefer to go for the easy way out, after all.

This is EXACTLY what happens when people take a game to seriously. Its just a game, oh well. Video games increase the creativity level in a teen, but when the boy has clearly had "mental problems" from the start, the game is not to blame. Halo 3, GOW, GOW2 and any other game that is "makebelieve" im shure doesn't sture the mind of teens. Games like them are fine AS LONG as they are played by mature people.

We people of the 405th are living, breathing proof that video games do not hurt the mind. Games incurage what we do, and people like us turn out well.

There are things ment to be, and not ment to be in life. If the 17 year-old is thrown into jail or a mental institution, it is ment to be. Its a bad thing to hear about things like this happening, but its not too hard to accept. Many people have the same "problem", but non the less, it is not the fault of video games.

Just my 2-cents.

I could have told you he was a nut case just by looking at him.
Seriously look at his pics, he looks freaking scary and crazy.

SPARTAN II said:
Well said, Xtreme *agrees* :cool:

(btw, great job you've done on that BR, dude)

Thanks for the comment on the BR and my 2-cents.

RadioactiV777 said:
I could have told you he was a nut case just by looking at him.
Seriously look at his pics, he looks freaking scary and crazy.

He does look like a killer or rapest I must admit, but give him the benafit of the dought. He most likley has what my great uncle had. He was in the military and was a very well respected man. His fellow men looked up to him, but he had a huge tempore and when it came to the nitty gritty, he got the work done, but not in the best of ways. But he didn't have any television or anything when he was around. This generation is highly addictive, and no one and nothing is to blame for this. Todays generation also has its upsides. We are much more up to-date with news, and all have are adult like ideas on how the system should work and what should happen to this person for example. Todays teens (most of them) are very mature for our age. We talk like 20 year-olds when we are only teenagers. It all depends on how we handle things.

when i see reports like these it makes me think of animal crossing for the game cube when you hit reset

You cant Reset life.....

Actually, you'd only be half right.

There IS someone to blame for some cases.

Parents.

Do you think this kid would try to kill them both if he KNEW they were the superiors? He'd probably be much more nervous about it.

Oh well, like the comments on the news site says, "he'll get what's coming to him when he drops the soap."

If he was in another state, such as Texas, he might recive the death penalty for premeditated 1st degree murder and attempted murder with a firearm, especially if he rejected the insanity plea as he has done. Either way, his gaming days are over and I hope he feels guilt for his actions.

He will recieve no sympathy from me. Let him rot in a cell.

Oh, and xalener is right about the parents not being involved enough, they should have raised him better.

I have always held a very strong opinion that video games don't play as vital a role as what everyone thinks when it comes to "raising" children. It is ultimately up to the parents to make sure that their children don't grow up with homicidal tendencies. This particular individual obviously had some other deep seeded issues that contributed greatly to his actions.

May he fry!!

in which players shoot alien monsters that have taken over the Earth.

Lol. Terrible explanation of the game.

"Would you guys close your eyes? I have a surprise for you."

Wow. What a lame line.
How concerned are you about violence in video games?
Very 56%
Somewhat 24%
Not at all 20%

Oh, now that hurts. Ouch.

All this is dumb. This kid is just like any other homicide kid, he just did it over a video game instead of just being in a gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back