Jun / Reach Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.. So far so good. I am exhausted tonight/morning cuz its now 4am I just finished the forearm which is posted now above your post. Of course I picked the compicated yet closest pep to the charactor I could find. Will have to make the accessory cover next..

Yes they are very useful things for providing safety, my question is did you make any armor to safeguard our private parts? These parts are also very important, and if you are somewhere on dangerous places then you should think of it as well.

I tell you what.. After you cut all those pieces I try to spend as much effort getting it right the first time. This is my first time every making pepakura. So still learning how not to build myself into a corner. Last night thought I'd build it in the 2 halves like how it will open in real life. Only to realize I hand one hand inside and one out trying to glue that forearm shut. The good thing about doing it that way is it kept the arm pretty square and not twisted.. I know if you don't build evenly things can warp left or right.

As for alpablate's post not sure if your in the right thread, but there is protection on the belt.

So this is the UGPS unit I made .. Model by Rhinoc unfolded Halogoddess.. Simple and turned out really nice. Its just resting on top.. I pepped it at the stock scale.

Now it looks pretty close to the game version which looks like you could pop it off and hold it... But I have seen it where literally takes up the whole top of the arm like a cover to the forearm..
Update( Stopped by toys r us to look at some figures.. Mcfarlane sculpt it is more like a mobile device that is just locked onto the forearm)
I can't decide. What you you guys think?

111xt.jpg

HALO_REACH_PLAYARTS_KAI_VOL1_JUN_04_1282566172.jpg

Hard Knuckle Plate finished.. Been sick today so work was a little slow. Managed to cut out right thigh parts as well. So might start scoring it tonight..

Well my thigh build went bad at the end.. Apparently some polygons missed or something in the upper arrow region. Fit great too.. Sick as a dog today so that was all my energy:( Oh well guess I will try again or look for a new design.
Anyone have a good Reach thigh file link to recommend?

So this is the UGPS unit I made .. Model by Halogoddess.. Simple and turned out really nice. Its just resting on top.. I pepped it at the stock scale.

Now it looks pretty close to the game version which looks like you could pop it off and hold it... But I have seen it where literally takes up the whole top of the arm like a cover to the forearm..
Update( Stopped by toys r us to look at some figures.. Mcfarlane sculpt it is more like a mobile device that is just locked onto the forearm)
I can't decide. What you you guys think?

111xt.jpg

HALO_REACH_PLAYARTS_KAI_VOL1_JUN_04_1282566172.jpg
Ehhem, I modeled that, Halogoddess unfolded it...

I say just glue it on there and leave it, there is really NO use in taking it off for anything EVAR!! haha

Build is looking really good BTW

Ahhh my bad I will make correction... I am still trying to find the right cod piece... and my thigh was not as expected but hell If the was my first messed up pep I can't complain..

Well I did re-model my old cod piece to be more accurate but it still needs an unfold for it

Finished a left thigh

Finished a new one by rundown_unfold by rvb18. Although I liked where my first attempt was going this one was definitely a little easier to create. I figure by the time I smooth it out and dremel details it will look pretty spot on. I think the 2 square indent lights are supposed to be a tad higher to line up across by the accessory mounting bracket.

Say anyone molding in a flex material for the thigh or is there just no sitting once your in it?

Persistance and I got the thigh done right!

I just couldn't settle for not having the closest thigh for my project.

For those who try to build this one it's the Design by SJSUSpartan/Spartan-029
Unfolded by Ral Partha Thigh..

Start with the 2 slots in the front and build around them.
once it's locked in solid the rest goes pretty easy till you get to the messed up pep section at the top. Lucky the unfold issue has more material than needed so it is just a cut and trim flush.

I am really happy with the results.. Now I just have to do the other leg. So another 2 evenings for that.

1003px-Jun_sniping.png

Well guess I will start cutting out the other thigh parts tonight.. I keep looking at the torso I made and the character in the game.. My back armor is not as narrow as the game version. But then again It could be the model I pepped from. If I made it any smaller parts under my arms will hit my ribs. I am thinking it will look right once I build up the under armor and bulk up a bit.. My body is not as broad as a spartan III..

Yep I had my upper left arm stored in the closet.. Printed what said was a upper arm right when in reality its inverted and is a left.. Lucky for me I didn't get as far as to build the front armor attachment face but still cant believe I built over 75 percent of it and didn't notice.. Then again it felt familiar and i was really cranking through it! So good night to all for tomorrow I start again on the correct upper arm.

that happened to me too, i thought that it was right arm and it turned out to be the left, pretty nice Jun armor so far man, can't wait to see it finished and good luck :)

Thanks. Just finished cutting the other thigh tonight. Usually I cut on one day and paste the next. Keeps me from burning myself out.

I am excited myself to see it when its all completed pep wise. Few more pieces to go.. Straps, pouches and bag are gonna be easy I can make & buy those from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back