Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, now I have to get the defibrillator. 3..2..1 CLEAR! *Shock* Damn it! I'm going to try it again. 3..2..1 CLEAR! *Shock*.

He's...gone...

-Pony

We are gathered here today for the burial of Kiba963.
We've lost a loyal infantry member as he will be in our hearts always.

(Kiba963: Post something hurry, I wanna post my faint reaction of finding a zombie!!)

12am and I got further along.. Yes the neck area is a tad too snug to just throw it over but I believe it is pretty darn close to how it is supposed to be. For my test fittings the neck will be put in last as well as the back panel. So far it is a great fit!

With the addition of the soft armor sides (which is perfect ) it would be a challenge not to make this a 2 piece and keep the scale correct. I had fun just crawling into it with the back off. I believe he nailed the proportions down well. Neck is not a slip over design for the scale to fit my shoulders. I figure collar is supposed to be rubberized anyways.

Recent updates.

I start mine next saturday. I've been working on sizing and I've found a setup I can fit into.
But due to my size I had to redo the unfold. All-in-all this is gonna be fun. thanks Lex

We are gathered here today for the burial of Kiba963.
We've lost a loyal infantry member as he will be in our hearts always.

(Kiba963: Post something hurry, I wanna post my faint reaction of finding a zombie!!)

Dude you had me seriously worried! I thought for a moment an actual 405th member passed. sorry for the double post.

woot nice job L3X, started mine today :D just got the front done:)
btw, WVISION how tall are ya? im just making sure this thing is big enof'.

I am 5'11".. Model was created for to fit someone at a bit over 6' if i recall.

I did some of my own custom work on the back by adding the cascading inlay from (lganderson's) reach chest.. Had to measure and rescale the parts and then hand glue them into an array before placing them in.

I did have a little challenge on the front stomach plate which has a lot of folds in there so just a slight twist. Nothing that cant be smoothed out a little later.

Just curious, earlier in the thread, you mentioned making one a little more narrow for girls? Are you still planning on it? I liked this one for the guys, and was hoping for such a nice high def one for the ladies :)

Not sure if my image helped...I went with the concept that the shoulder section should rest so that it is a smooth transition from the armor to your shoulder and to you arm.. that way it gives the greatest effect that the shoulder part of the armor looks like soft armor. Unless you really are going to mold that section in rubber or foam.

Lieutenant.jpg

well my problem lied with shouldering a prop cause ive gottent to a point in my build to where i could wear it but my stand in MA37 i cant shoulder without bending the paper

Now that you explained it more you are definitely going to have to stiffen it in the shoulders build up the inside till it reaches your shoulder so that I doesn't have so much area under it that is unsupported..

Your not just wearing it in just paper form are you?

No im not but i was still testing while its in paper form, but ive started to conside making the inisde out of rubber so it should still work, but thanks for the help

Finished the torso.. did a tweak to the collar area.. mostly to emulate the rubber warp that collar in cg photo has.. I am planning on creating the rest of the collar and neck seal separately. I figure it would give it a spot to seat and be more comfortable on the neck. I decided to leave the front collar tabs and the inlay as part of the hard armor section.
Thanks again L3X for a great file to build from :)

halo-reach-carter_1024x768.jpg

Just curious, earlier in the thread, you mentioned making one a little more narrow for girls? Are you still planning on it? I liked this one for the guys, and was hoping for such a nice high def one for the ladies :)
Already in progress :)
femalemarkv63.png

femalemarkv632.png

Finished the torso.. did a tweak to the collar area.. mostly to emulate the rubber warp that collar in cg photo has.. I am planning on creating the rest of the collar and neck seal separately. I figure it would give it a spot to seat and be more comfortable on the neck. I decided to leave the front collar tabs and the inlay as part of the hard armor section.
Thanks again L3X for a great file to build from :)

I must say sir, your pepping skills are amazing! and i'm glad that my file is being enjoyed. If i may ask, how difficult was the building of it? was there any areas that could have been unfolded differently for better results?

L3X,

I had no issues with any of it. All your pieces lined up and there was no mystery. The neck area was a bit narrow but not you fault at all. Its more the case that at the stock size (that by the way fits me great) that the scale just makes the neck collar only with an opening about 4-5 inches. Even with me basically striping it out gave me a 7" opening which clears my ears and head. Really its just the case that a spartan is about 3 inches wider. So for a spartan the opening would clear no problem. Circles and inset shapes are always a pain with those star cuts but its was still fine. Your reinforcements were perfectly located. I am impressed with how rigid it is and its not hardened yet. The addition of the interior rubber sides really made this piece a stronger and visually appealing design and closed up the gap between the armor and body. It does make this torso a design that will have to be most likely a split 2 piece build versus over the head. When i did my first test fit with the back off it was still quite a bit of contorting to fit into the arm holes. I do think that with the sides added that it will allow for it to have more area to hide the seam and more places to build a latch system.

So I give it a A++!!

If you do decide to tweak the collar by narrowing the valley on the outside edge keep it at the scale you using now so it would be easy to just to replace that section of model I just created.

If you have time a neck seal section in pep would be great so i could use it to make a dragon skin piece.

Thanks for your hard work. :)

Reach1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back