which product is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GO 3000

I was wondering which product is recommended or the best to make your armor and helmet since some people use showcast 300 for the inside of the helmet while some other fiberglass the inside and some use urethene rubber for the armor piece and so on. . .
Thank you for your time.

I was wondering which product is recommended or the best to make your armor and helmet since some people use showcast 300 for the inside of the helmet while some other fiberglass the inside and some use urethene rubber for the armor piece and so on. . .
A better question is which one can you afford: Smooth-Cast 300 or fiberglass? Google their prices and then you decide. Some people got extra money, others don't. Do you?

I agree, I'm using the pepakura and fiberglass method because I'm still learning. I don't want to spend all that money to just make a mistake and waste it. Eventually, when I get the hang of things, I will start molding with Smooth-Cast and such. I think that in the long run, it doesn't really matter with you use, it just depends on how creative you are and how much time and effort you want to put into your project. Realistically, I don't see why a pepped project can't look as good as a molded one.

Well Resin is still expensive + some fiber glass cloth while you can add up a few money for a 1.9lbs of smoothcast 300 for 24$ unless thats not enough for the helmet then its another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back