My UNSC ONI netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upchuk

Well, the other night I was surfing around the weapons and props forum and found a netbook that had been purtied up to look like a UNSC netbook. Well I figured, "I wanna do that", so here is what I've got so far.

This is what i started with. It is a HP 1041-NR

DSCN2227.jpg

DSCN2226.jpg

After a few coats of paint and some playing around with my printer and some programs, this is my not quite end result.

DSCN2228.jpg

DSCN2229.jpg

DSCN2230.jpg

DesktopPic.jpg

CopyofDesktopPic1.jpg

The desktop was made using a program called Rainmeter, and using a theme from this site. http://mcrsk8erboi.deviantart.com/art/ONI-Rainmeter-Theme-178071701

The creator of the theme is Xune531 and was modified by mcrs8erboi on deviantart.
luckily all the scripts that run the clocks, greetings and everything can be modified to have your name in there too. The clock near the ONI logo is also functional

Woah, SO EPIC!
Will you be releasing that wallpaper/screensaver thingy?

Oh, will you make that round clock beside the logo move?

Well my browser keeps being FAIL. so i cant edit my OP. But the clock near the ONI logo is functional

Saw this... Had to have it... Am almost done configuring my desktop... :p

Question though, How/where did you get the big, central clock? I cant figure that one out...

Its part of one of the included themes called ARCS. Left click on the rainmeter icon in the system tray, scroll to CONFIGS, then ARCS. Click on Arcs.ini. That should bring up the clock. also, you can use the settings for each skin and enable the "click through" option so that your not inadvertantly moving or selecting things on the skins.

As soon as I build my computer (this one is only running XP) I'll either use Rainmeter Or this and fill my desktop with awesome!!
Nice find.

I was looking for ONI/HALO themes for a background, and it popped up in a google search i did. after a little bit of research i was like "I want!". BTW OmegaReaver, rainmeter works on XP, I'm running XP on my netbook right now.

Weeeel doggy (RAVAGER BTW)
I'll have to pimp out the desktop then

lordZoabar: I meant use it to make my own rather than use that one. . . but I'm totally unfamiliar with how it works, never heard of it so I'll check it out.

If you are familiar with simple coding the editing scripts provide the formats you will need to edit everything, and there are tuts floating around on the website too. Also sorry for the mess up on your name

Omega Ravager: Lol. I know. Rainmeter gives you a few pre-made themas that you can use to learn the set-up. But it also has a layer-manager so you can add/remove what you want. Go to "links" and then DeviantArt to see pages upon pages of (for lack of a better term) DLC's for it. Just read the set-up guide it comes with and it explains everything. I learned it in about 5 min so it's really easy.

Looks good, i think i might have to change my recycle bin icon to a more appropriate one! i think thats is the only thing i dont really like on the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back