MA5C: 4 DAYS
BR85: 4.5 DAYS
GRENADE: 17 HOURS
20% infill
PLA, PLA+ filament

next step is spot putty and wet sanding
410979053_700917868812441_851240174125327642_n.jpg

Last edited:
You’re making very fast progress on these! One suggestion I would have is to sand just a bit more to get that real smooth finish on your pieces.
At this rate though you’ll have an armoury at your disposal by the end of next month!

You’re making very fast progress on these! One suggestion I would have is to sand just a bit more to get that real smooth finish on your pieces.
At this rate though you’ll have an armoury at your disposal by the end of next month!
Thanks for the advice, the MA5C is my first 100% completed project and halfway thru sanding i said F^& it, its good enough:lol:
The paint scheme on the MA5C im a bit disappointed with how it turned out for the metallic black, I should have gone with a more gun metal grey for the top part of the rifle.

The BR85 is going to be more work on the sanding, priming and painting. lessons learned from the MA5C

Thanks for the advice, the MA5C is my first 100% completed project and halfway thru sanding i said F^& it, its good enough:lol:
The paint scheme on the MA5C im a bit disappointed with how it turned out for the metallic black, I should have gone with a more gun metal grey for the top part of the rifle.

The BR85 is going to be more work on the sanding, priming and painting. lessons learned from the MA5C
Sure learning from the past is all we can do man! I’ll be very interested to see how the BR comes out. Best of luck

At this stage a nice coat of auto body filler primer will fill those lines right up. Did one coat with mine and sanded that smooth. No more work needed

At this stage a nice coat of auto body filler primer will fill those lines right up. Did one coat with mine and sanded that smooth. No more work needed
nice thick coat of primer filler, spot putty where needed and a good sanding with 180, 200, 300 grit then wet sand with 400 then 600 grit before painting

Is a palm sander something you'd be able to use?

It's almost magic how much faster they can take down the layer lines. It's a worthy investment in time alone

3 rounds of Primer filler and Bondo
Sanded from 100grit to 600grit

First coat of charcoal grey

its real smooth with some imperfections showing, actually adds to the "mass production" look im going for
20240206_103628.jpg
20240206_202902.jpg
20240207_084852.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back