New MJOLNIR Mk VI Female Torso {Mk VI For the Ladies, REMODELED!!}

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshima07

Alright 405th, I've decided to create a new thread for this armor project. As many of us already know, plenty of female armorers have had to work with male torsos (as well as a few female ones out there,) when it comes to creating Mk VI armor. Personally, I've only seen two out there. Mrs. Chief and a Mk VI torso, Original Modeler UNKNOWN.

So, to help get my point across, here's the Original Mk VI Female Torso I'm talking about:

-Original Torso:
MkVIFemaleOldModel.jpg

-Another View of the Original:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready4.jpg

To be frank, a few details were missing from the original model, and I decided to take it and fix some new detail into it. The posterior piece was edited to appear more like the Mk VI male torso, and a new collar was fitted into the model as well.

-My Mk VI Female Torso:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoFinal.jpg

-Another View:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready3.jpg

-Front and Collar:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready7.jpg

Here's a comparison between the Original, the Male Torso, and my remodeled torso:
-Three Torsos:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready-1.jpg

-Collar Shots:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready0.jpg

-Comparisons:
MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready1.jpg

MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready2-1.jpg

MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready3-1.jpg

MJOLNIRMkVIFemaleTorsoPep-Ready4-1.jpg

Like I said before, other that the collar and the front of the armor, just a few minor edits were made to the Original.

To clarify and answer one question before it surfaces,
*I do NOT take credit for the Original Model, and most definitely DO NOT condone the taking of credit of ANYONE'S work. Come on people, we all know it's just not worth the risk.

The model is in Pepakura 3 format, free for download at 4shared. In fact, here's the link right now:
-Link: Replaced. Link at bottom of thread.

And for the record, I'm remodeling many different chest pieces for this torso, so here are a few:
-Hayabusa
-EVA from Halo 3
-CQB from Halo 3
-UA/ Base Security
-Collar/ Breacher
-HP/ HALO
-HP/ Parafoil

Here's a taste of what's to come, 'Busa-Style!:
-MJOLNIR Mk VI Female with Hayabusa Chest Piece:
ArmorPremutationRemix.jpg

So, feel free to comment and criticize, 405th. I'd be happily obliged to answer your calls. Oash-Koash out.

WoooOOAooHHH!!! That's looking pretty awesome... I'm still not even near being close to finishing my Kat build but holy kamole is that cool :D I previously dismissed ever making a "modified" female torso and planned to just go with the traditional Mk VI suit, but this is quickly changing my mind. EXCELLENT job!!!!!

]
WoooOOAooHHH!!! That's looking pretty awesome... I'm still not even near being close to finishing my Kat build but holy kamole is that cool :D I previously dismissed ever making a "modified" female torso and planned to just go with the traditional Mk VI suit, but this is quickly changing my mind. EXCELLENT job!!!!!

Thanks, but like I mentioned before, I take no credit for the Original model. Glad you like, Angel.

EDIT:
@Fackmo: You may be able to see that, but It's as good as I can get the model.

Unfolders needed, and I can't tey because my PC is too slow, and the program can crash. Week, I know, but you got to work with what you've got.

Have at it people! Oash-Koash Out.

Alright... I confess. I have a problem...

I open up the armor in Pepakura 3, and it shows up in full grey. Now, from what I remember, grey means the back of a face. However, when I flip the faces, it's still grey! Whatthecrap?! Sorry, just had to vent my emotion for a moment...

Continuing along...

I eported the Original file from Pepakura 3 into 3ds Max as an OBJ, and then transferred that to Sketchup for editing. Here's the problem: Double Faces.

I could use some help in re-editing this back to single faces, if possible.

When I try to unfold the model, it's a massive 1.99 Mb to the original 427 kb that I remember. That, and all of the pieces don't join together because they are connected to their own gosh-darned faces!!!

Ah... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need help cracking this case...

Thanks, 405th.

Not bad work at all personally I like all three version that you have created. And actually looks like it belong to two

Not bad work at all personally I like all three version that you have created. And actually looks like it belong to two

Actually, I only created the Green Model. Credit goes to the original modelers for the other two models.

UPDATE:

Ok, so I've figured out how to fix the faces problem, turns out that it's better to leave all faces on the default scheme on Sketchup. LOL. Ah, what a dunce was I...

Moving along,

I decided to re-build the model, delete the files on 4shared, and replace them. However, I'm running into a few snags, mainly open edges and the like, but none-the-less, 95% of the model is "peppable".

Could still use that help on the unfold, and maybe some smoothing, because I really have no idea on how to even begin doing that.

Turns out that I will have to re-work the 'Busa model, but here's something that you might want to look into:
-CBRN
-JFO HUL
-HAZOP/Operator HUL
-NEW Tacpad
-NEW UGPS
-NEW Recon/Operator/ODST UA!!!

The latter two have been unfolded, and may need some adjustments. Will be putting up links soon, and then posting them onto the Official Reach Files Thread.

Wish me luck, 405th, and thanks for the support!

EDIT:
Will be posting more images soon, so hang in there good buddies!

-CBRN: http://www.4shared.com/file/ZHVFJ-CG/CBRN_Helmet_Attachment_Koshima.html
-JFO HUL: http://www.4shared.com/file/Y_S96Dew/JFO_CNM_Koshima07.html
-Other HUL: http://www.4shared.com/file/GUlSMfar/Special_Head-Peice_Attachment_.html
-UA: http://www.4shared.com/file/mD_W1sXK/UA__R__Koshima07.html
-Tacpad: http://www.4shared.com/file/PZ-7xcuD/Tactical__Tacpad_Koshima07.html
-UGPS: http://www.4shared.com/file/X_4xnb7k/Tactical__UGPS_Koshima07.html

Enjoy! And Good Luck.

I’ve unfolded the MK VI female torso and I figured I’d make available to the masses in case any other nerdy girls are interested. This is my first unfold so I apologize if anything’s a little funky :) I’ll be pepping this myself this coming week so I’ll hopefully have some pictures of the finished product. I’ll also be able to make any necessary tweaks to the unfold then. Thanks so much for this file koshima!

-Beka

http://www.4shared.com/file/i8JICFhU/MKVI_Female_Torso.html

Hey! If ya don't mind, I would like to add these files to a thread I made. It's *The Official* Female pepakura thread and I have been collecting any female files so that they are all contained in one thread. I have it set up like the thread for all the Reach pepaura files. Whenever you get these all finished, let me know and I will add these to my thread. You will recieve proper credit so don't worry about that. :)

Both of them are amazing models and a great idea; I can't wait to see the rest of them. Looks like you made the back a higher angle and put more room in the front which should make it far easier to put on. Seriously thank you so much! I was beginning to worry I'd never be able to wear a one piece plate. The original was good but it needed more of what you added for those of us that need more in the pecks and less in the abs area.

I just noticed this is border line necro. There hasn't been any been any updates but I think maybe its a good idea to bring it to more people's attention since unfolding and fix help is still needed if that's okay. If not I'll delete my post and let the thread rest again.

Both of them are amazing models and a great idea; I can't wait to see the rest of them. Looks like you made the back a higher angle and put more room in the front which should make it far easier to put on. Seriously thank you so much! I was beginning to worry I'd never be able to wear a one piece plate. The original was good but it needed more of what you added for those of us that need more in the pecks and less in the abs area.

I just noticed this is border line necro. There hasn't been any been any updates but I think maybe its a good idea to bring it to more people's attention since unfolding and fix help is still needed if that's okay. If not I'll delete my post and let the thread rest again.

No Worries, Thunder. I've been a little side-tracked with my other Pepping and Unfolding projects, but I will get back on to this one. Will be looking into making variations for- and this sounds wierd coming from a low-key guy like myself- different chest sizes. I will also be updating the file now that I've got an OBJ Importer/Exporter, so that if anyone wants to take a crack at it and help me out, feel free.

Hey! If ya don't mind, I would like to add these files to a thread I made. It's *The Official* Female pepakura thread and I have been collecting any female files so that they are all contained in one thread. I have it set up like the thread for all the Reach pepaura files. Whenever you get these all finished, let me know and I will add these to my thread. You will recieve proper credit so don't worry about that. :)

I would be honored to have this file on your thread, ma'am. And thank you again for the advice on smoothing the models, it really helped out!

Ok, so other than working on my other secret project for the ladies of the 405th, I've updated the Mk VI Female Torso, and slimmed it down just a tad. Made some of the details look more rounded less than sharp, [lol], and removed some of the floating faces and lines. Still needs some work, so I will be posting the current model, Mk VI(B).

Posting in a bit, hang on.

Bad news 405th... I forgot to save the file!!!

"NOOO's"

However, I still had the obj I exported and managed to import it back into Sketchup...
And that didn't turn out well, either.

Gonna probably take the whole weekend to fix it, so hang in there!

EDIT-Part2:

Ok, 405th, I've solved my problem for now.

Pics!
Armor1.png

armor5.png

Armor2.png

Armor3.png

armor4.png

And Files!
Here's the first one I was talking about, earlier in my post...
MJOLNIR Mk VI(B) Female Torso:
http://www.4shared.com/file/XLW2G6oD/Female_chest2.html
And the other one I fixed up:
http://www.4shared.com/file/NxHtSggG/Female_chest3.html

Tell me what you think, guys and gals! I'm open to suggestions, and you're free to edit them as you wish, just like Bexi did with her Mk VI Armor!
Thanks for sticking on this thread, people!

"New files and Pics!!! Take A Look at the Mk VI Female Torso Thread!"

Sorry for double-posting, but I wanted to make this post newer.

EDIT:

Ok, I noticed another problem with the torso... Fixing it. Again, thank you all for tuning in!

I'm split between which version I like better.

The newest version does have more detail like the extra piece on the side which I like but I'm not too sure about piece you added over the collar bone. I myself have personally always thought it'd work better as part of the undersuit then the actual armour but its good to have encase someone actually wants it. Parts like that are easier so take off at the end then add. However, the newest version I feel is a bit too round. The male version is flat with some rounded parts which makes the first version match a little bit more. Just being female is going to make anyone stand out in the armour but spartans are more about unity, one force/body and such. Therefore anything that makes it close but still wearable is more authentic in my mind. That being said wearing flat pointed armour is as uncomfortable and constricting as wearing a corset but this is armour after all; comfort is not the main point.

Moving on I can see the Hayabusa, CQB and the breacher collar more suited towards the first version because the open top would be easier to modify and there's no piece over the collar bone on those armours just a neck shield that could be lowered. (Hayabusa looks great the way you made it in the preview) The other armours have that piece though so it may be easier to modify the newest version to make the others. Just as a suggest though; I do like how the armours are turning out so far and I can't wait until everything's finished.

I'm split between which version I like better.

The newest version does have more detail like the extra piece on the side which I like but I'm not too sure about piece you added over the collar bone. I myself have personally always thought it'd work better as part of the undersuit then the actual armour but its good to have encase someone actually wants it. Parts like that are easier so take off at the end then add. However, the newest version I feel is a bit too round. The male version is flat with some rounded parts which makes the first version match a little bit more. Just being female is going to make anyone stand out in the armour but spartans are more about unity, one force/body and such. Therefore anything that makes it close but still wearable is more authentic in my mind. That being said wearing flat pointed armour is as uncomfortable and constricting as wearing a corset but this is armour after all; comfort is not the main point.

Moving on I can see the Hayabusa, CQB and the breacher collar more suited towards the first version because the open top would be easier to modify and there's no piece over the collar bone on those armours just a neck shield that could be lowered. (Hayabusa looks great the way you made it in the preview) The other armours have that piece though so it may be easier to modify the newest version to make the others. Just as a suggest though; I do like how the armours are turning out so far and I can't wait until everything's finished.

Thank you, Thunder!

The collar faces are more for supporting the armor, but seeing as how I'm still working on it, I can see what I can do.
I like the idea of having multiple armor for you girls because as humans, we are all made up of different shapes and sizes. So I feel that just works out.

Big thanks to Rhinoc for helping me out with the editing. I swear I probably wouldn't have able to have gotten this far without you guys.

The Hayabusa addition is on hold for now, but I will domy durndest to keep it going.

Also, Thunder, if you'd like to point out what I should work on, maybe in a drawing or something along those lines, I may be able to fix this along those lines better.

Again, Thank's, Community!

Not very good at editing models yet so I did a quick thing with paint to illustrate what I meant using the CQB one since it has more to add on it. Not too sure if the pics will show up so I added links too.

View I used:

405th%20Armour

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/thunderlot/405th%20Armour/KoshFemale1.jpg

For the plate itself:

405th%20Armour

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/thunderlot/405th%20Armour/KoshFemale2.jpg

Chest plates have cuts/indents/designs on the sides of the pecks as well as along the neck line.
The size and shape of the piece sticking out on the side is the same as the second cut/indent/design piece along the neck.
After the first bend in the arm piece if you make a line straight down the side piece lines up right against that line.
The distance from the top of the arm opening to the piece itself is its thickness.

On the CQB:

405th%20Armour

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/thunderlot/405th%20Armour/KoshFemale3.jpg

Knife would have to be higher and at a slight angle to make it a practical weapon.
The handle should be 1½ size the sheath.
Needs a little extra on the pecks for the slight size difference in the plates.
The split between the two plates begins right at the start of the curve of the pecks.
Centre piece becomes one long one from the neck shield right down to the container.
Peck cut/indent/design needs to be shifted to the side with the cut straight across the centre then at a 210 degree angle at any size.
The neck guard follows the piece but goes across the curve that nears the centre of the pecks, which continues the centre piece stated above.
Remove the stomach piece and replace with the container.
The contain to keep proportions would have to end before the first grove in the bottom of the plate or half way before the second depending on weight to keep it attached.
The back part stays the same and I’m not too sure if there’s a side piece or not; I’ve yet to find any picture with their arms up.

There’s a legend too since I wrote this as I went so I wouldn’t forget anything…

Not very good at editing models yet so I did a quick thing with paint to illustrate what I meant using the CQB one since it has more to add on it. Not too sure if the pics will show up so I added links too.

View I used:

405th%20Armour

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/thunderlot/405th Armour/KoshFemale1.jpg

For the plate itself:

405th%20Armour

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/thunderlot/405th Armour/KoshFemale2.jpg

Chest plates have cuts/indents/designs on the sides of the pecks as well as along the neck line.
The size and shape of the piece sticking out on the side is the same as the second cut/indent/design piece along the neck.
After the first bend in the arm piece if you make a line straight down the side piece lines up right against that line.
The distance from the top of the arm opening to the piece itself is its thickness.

On the CQB:

405th%20Armour

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/thunderlot/405th Armour/KoshFemale3.jpg

Knife would have to be higher and at a slight angle to make it a practical weapon.
The handle should be 1½ size the sheath.
Needs a little extra on the pecks for the slight size difference in the plates.
The split between the two plates begins right at the start of the curve of the pecks.
Centre piece becomes one long one from the neck shield right down to the container.
Peck cut/indent/design needs to be shifted to the side with the cut straight across the centre then at a 210 degree angle at any size.
The neck guard follows the piece but goes across the curve that nears the centre of the pecks, which continues the centre piece stated above.
Remove the stomach piece and replace with the container.
The contain to keep proportions would have to end before the first grove in the bottom of the plate or half way before the second depending on weight to keep it attached.
The back part stays the same and I’m not too sure if there’s a side piece or not; I’ve yet to find any picture with their arms up.

There’s a legend too since I wrote this as I went so I wouldn’t forget anything…

Yeah, I can do that. No Problem.
When you mentioned the indentations on the back-sides of the pectorals, I remembered that one of my files had that. But I didn't save it...
Cqb should be an easy mod, and the abdominal plate can be removed, as I separated it for a standalone peice. After all, a little bending room should be available to all spartans when it comes to leaning forward, right?

Should be an easy fix, thunder. Thank's for the input, you're a sweet-heart! I'll get on that as soon as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back