My 1st Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax79

So, I stumbled across this site and had to join. I'm a Silent Hill cosplayer but have two other projects in the wings.
Dead space
Halo Reach.

So I have desired to blog my Reach project.

2bc34c86.jpg

I used the fibre glass resin, great stuff but smells really bad! I added filler and sanded it for three hours by hand... The gave up and got an electric one... Still had problems, so desired to add panels over the top to hide my mess.

9c234f11.jpg

So now a question. I want to cover the "art" paper that is on the helmet, with a transparent paint to give it a solid and shiny look. Any ideas?

0da555b0.jpg

Yeah I have loads to do. I put two fans within and get my visor on Friday.

Dax79

I hope you used a respirator while using the fiberglass resin! You shouldn't be able to smell it if you did. You don't wanna hurt yourself. D:

I would suggest using a bit more of that body filler to smooth it out some more and use a dremel or other rotary tool to get the fine details in.

Oh yes I did! Still stank!!
Yeah I think I used the wrong filler. I'm also building the rest,

d46635ee.jpg

I will take my time this time adding the resin. As it was my 1st time using resin I freaked out as my brush began to harden in 20 mins!

4d13f62f.jpg

I have decided to, like in reach online, to add different bits of armour. So If I were to bump into another cosplayer ( yeah right.... I live on a island 9x5) I won't clash lol

Very nice work so far!
Have you installed padding yet?

-Alexis

Yeah, and fans. Adding my "search lights" Friday. I have room at the front for my power pack, this will also help with the weight.

Thanks, I'm at work now 'scouting' the building for 12v battery cables/conectors. Wish me luck!!

It's transparent coat

So I have added ( unsure at 1st) a clear enamel paint to the lid. I'm sat watching it dry hoping the moisture does not destroy the art on top!

bdbcf71f.jpg

If all works out I should have the bottom of the helmet finished tomorrow. If all works out! What you think?

#update

Slowly getting there.... Missing some vents for the front, really looking forward to my visor tomorrow!

b5dda1fc.jpg

The clear enamel has done a great job! It gives it a shine, not bad!!

70bb6cb0.jpg

Next thing, on a Nobel 6 helmet where do I put my search lights?

that looks really good for a first helmet :) looks like your pep was clean and it looks like your helmet fits you perfectly =D great job
good luck and can't wait to see it with the visor

Thanks, I may add a voice changer to the front but I just want to get the whole suite done then I will work on my voice and the last details.
I do need to find a good Under Suite, any ideas? Good price good fit?

Problems!!!!

I put the visor in, during the process i lost to much card at the front. :angry
I had to pull out the front, start again. its done with lights but I feel its not good enough so......... after about 18hours of work, I may just start again with the helmet:(

Its the only way to learn.

Stop.

Start again.

that looks great man! Im digging and thanks for sharing. Im also curious (not to jack the thread) the red pyramid costume in yout avatar did you use a pep file for that?

It looks ok in a dark room

So here is the Helmet as it looks in a dull room....

03aa0f12.jpg

282ed64c.jpg

I have put two lighs in the sides.

48188d58.jpg

In a night club this will look good but in the light of day, not so good.

Any ideas on how to tidy it up?

Hi,
No I made that PH a few years back. I posted a load of videos on Youtube building it.

Have a look!
I will build a PH PEP next year as i'm too busy with my Noble 6!

Last edited by a moderator:
Added textures to visor

Ok, so things were not looking so good 6 hours ago, but after a good look around I found a mouse mat and chopped it up. I added the mat to the front.

So this helmet is now based on the Mark V (b) but it (To a fan) is not correct.

Anyway what do you think?

858a6a95.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back