ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
m00sem4n: damn that's some jawbreaking awesome job! never thought of using hotglue, I got to admit I find it outstanding

More on the EVA foam in the Helmet. I was going to shape it and hot glue it inside the helmet. Then maybe some filler to round out the outside.

Hello Barroth. For a helljumper I would say that the color black would be best for a visor. I'm not saying that you have to do that color but it's up to you for whatever color you would want to use for your visor color.

Hey Barroth. I was wondering how big of a sheet of cardstock are you going to use for your helmet. I am making a mixture of armor pieces for my armor and my helmet is going to be the EVA helmet that meta and emile use.

I was using regular letter size cardstock and using pepakura to flatten it down to bout 15 or so pages

never thought about using a 2 liter bottle but that's actually a pretty cool cheap method to do a visor! good luck to you and welcome!

That sounds like a great idea for a visor - the motorcycle replacement visors are $$. I am looking forward to seeing pictures!

Cant wait to see some pictures!

As for the helm here is another methoid that might be worth looking into: http://www.405th.com/f19/tutorial-odst-visors-other-useful-info-30968/

(Tell me if the link is not working)

I made a foam body for a NCR verteran ranger build and i used a latex grout ($.99 a tube) and a wet sponge. Create a thin white layer on the foam and let it dry. That will fill in holes and keep the foam from absorbing the paint (looks ugly)

latex grout, what a good idea! does that need to be applied smoothly in the first go though or is there room for clean up after drying (i.e. sanding, reapplication)?

I use DAP: http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?BrandID=12&SubcatID=3

This method was the main way to do foam (when we still have the help foam thread). you build your armor then used the latex to seal the foam, so the EVA foam does not absorb the paint. If your built you foam right, you should be able to skip any bondo or resin work. This leaves your foam armor with a thin white transparent layer that does not require sanding, just spay the primer and paint your piece.

Here is a link to the Con I took my cosplay to (too lazy to take a picture and upload it to photobucket, etc... <lol>): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741827.100004935977540&type=1&l=f10e0d0108

There is a picture when me and a caesar legion guy are fighting. That is what the foam will look like doing just the latex over paint. I'll work on getting a better picture.

WIN_20141220_171158.JPG

Is it just me or does this seem too big? It is half as wide as my shoulder span, which is what it looks like on the pictures I see of Rookie.

I think it looks fine, it will look big until you make all the other armor. Happens with every suit. Everything looks really good, though!

thanks. with the lighting I swear its photoshopped. I cut out the visor section and am currently wrestling with the 2 liter bottle. Trying to shrink wrap the visor is harder than one thinks. I'm thinking about going with a red visor. Any suggestions for the shrink wrap process?

Yay more double posting! I got one of the shins done today. Little on the picture heavy side. Seems a little on the large end to me, but its just me.

WIN_20141231_170139.JPG WIN_20141231_170148.JPG WIN_20141231_170209.JPG WIN_20141231_170228.JPG WIN_20141231_170234.JPG

if you ever deside to replace the visor. you can use something called lanex.... if I spelled that right. its desently priced and scratch resistant. find it at most hard ware stores. I use it on my off roaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back