Halo Reach TacPad Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosDice

It's not super amazing, but it's made with love and determination! Not bad for the first time in several years.

A few more tweaks and it'll be ready for the final assembly. I'm playing around with "recessed lighting" in regards to the light string I am using for illumination. I built a scrap frame to test out any reworks and so far it's come in quite handy.

20150926_163306.jpg
Frame layers.

20150926_163234.jpg
Back panel, body, and front cover.

20150926_163605.jpg
All the little detail and my budget lighting lol

20150926_163359.jpg
Since this photo I made some more adjustments to the acrylic "screen" so it better fits.

20150926_163449.jpg
Printed out the TacPad screen on blue vellum paper so it's transparent enough.

20150926_034712.jpg
So satisfied with this, lol.

20151011_231605.jpg
The scrap build acting as a tester for making the lights recessed inside the TacPad body. I still have to work on this set up to where I like it.

Looks bloody epic!
Good job mate!
I was thinking of making a slot for my phone under mine.
Inspiration for your next one perhaps? :)
How about a 405th app eh? :D

Awesome work! Was wondering if you could post up a high def pic of what you used for the display, would love to take a look at it for my Carter build,

Awesome work! Was wondering if you could post up a high def pic of what you used for the display, would love to take a look at it for my Carter build,

If you pop over to my profile I have the album there with hi-res pictures. It's a 4x4x.25 piece of acrylic cut down with the TacPad display printed out on slightly opaque vellum (you can order sample sheets from paperandmore.com for about 50 cents a sheet). This was made on the fly or else I would have used either a digital frame or my ipod touch for the screen. There is always next go round!

Sweet, thanx...my plan is to use my phone in my Carter tacpad & this should help

Suuuuuuuuuuuuper late response, haha! Yeah I'm hoping to modify my tacpad next go round for my ipod touch or possibly make a slightly bigger version for a small tablet. I think I will do a thinner piece of acrylic though just to protect the screen haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back