Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Palmer) Build [+ more]

WWWAAAAAYYYYYY to much information thank you..........:ninja. Don't ask don't tell.

WWWAAAAAYYYYYY to much information thank you..........:ninja. Don't ask don't tell.

Just a matter of style, nothing sexual. It's funny though how there's nothing special about a woman wearing heels (or male trainers, as above), but how rude people tend to react as soon as it's the other way round.
But well, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on, thank you very much for this demonstration of bigoted opinion.

Just a matter of style, nothing sexual. It's funny though how there's nothing special about a woman wearing heels (or male trainers, as above), but how rude people tend to react as soon as it's the other way round.
But well, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on, thank you very much for this demonstration of bigoted opinion.

That's enough, I think. If you find a post or an opinion to be rude, don't reciprocate in kind by being rude back. Keep it clean, report posts you find offensive rather than attack them. So - if you wouldn't mind editing your post to remove the inflammatory remarks, I'd be grateful.

That's enough, I think. If you find a post or an opinion to be rude, don't reciprocate in kind by being rude back. Keep it clean, report posts you find offensive rather than attack them. So - if you wouldn't mind editing your post to remove the inflammatory remarks, I'd be grateful.

So what exactly do you think of as rude and inflammatory in my post? Dirtdives epressed his/her opinion, I did the same. Would you mind asking him/her for an edit as well, then?
I have no intention of reporting this comment, though. I'd rather discuss opinions, maybe alter them and make someone think outside the "traditional" box. That's what a forum should be good for, isn't it?

And after all: yes, I DO mind to edit my post. The statement is bigoted, as is our whole society in respect of this special matter. But as I might want to stay on this board somewhat longer (maybe at least, if I keep getting reactions like that I might just quit as well), if you insist, I will edit it.

I have no intention of reporting this comment, though. I'd rather discuss opinions, maybe alter them and make someone think outside the "traditional" box. That's what a forum should be good for, isn't it?

Not when it's detrimental to the thread subject. If you want to discuss social justice and how a certain comment rubbed you up the wrong way, do it in a private forum. Don't clutter up another person's thread, it's not fair.

And after all: yes, I DO mind to edit my post. The statement is bigoted, as is our whole society in respect of this special matter. But as I might want to stay on this board somewhat longer (maybe at least, if I keep getting reactions like that I might just quit as well), if you insist, I will edit it.

See above. Regardless of whether or not you're right (or, even if you just think you're right), this really isn't the place to be airing your laundry. If you don't like it, report it or take it to private discussions. Don't drag another person's thread through the mud.

I just tried to write you a private message to keep this thread clean (at least a little cleaner), but either my mobile doesn't show this option or you don't want users to pm you.

Well if it's about the thread staying clean, I'd suggest to inform the mods and tell them to delete as they see fit. I will do so later, as I'm not at home at the moment. But if this is the reason for you to be bothered, please don't tell me it's about my posts being inflammatory. I replied to Marawuff's post and was attacked after that comment, therefore defended myself. But well, I said so before, and I won't say no more about it.

Well, I just wanted to say I admire that you walk in heels. I don't mind at all if you'd wear heels, boots or sneakers. But walking in heels requires more skill! :D
So, kudos to you, firefrog :D

Also, I have no idea what was in the original post, before it was edited... ;_;
I have no idea what's happening. ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok, posting progress I made on undersuit.
A lot of work went here so far, but as you can see one leg (and a little bit more) is already complete. :D
First I wasn't sure about the thigh, knee and elbow-joints and was thinking of doing them with foam sor something, but foam restricts movement and I didn't want to hinder my movements on key areas where I have to move... So at last I decided to just paint it... so I painted everything to imitate these parts just like hex pattern... Well, in the game all of the undersuit is a texture, lol, so I'm doing kinda the same, hahaha.
Well, it won't be as noticeable when I'll have all the armor parts on and also with the soft undersuit parts.
Oh, also yeah, zipper is on the front. Why? I'll be mounting the spinal parts on the back so I need the material to be able to put them on and also I have to somehow get into the suit by myself - the morphsuit is smaller size to fit me and also I have to somehow manage the zipper, which I wouldn't be able to slide up and down on the back. XD

As for the photos - I cut the small part of the feet - I rather have my own socks, but nothing pulling my undersuit down. XD I *think* they are same length, but it also doesn't matter as I just cut off the toe section.

undersuitwip.JPGDSC00843.JPG

It looks fantastic!!!!!! where did you get the undersuit from?

Now that looks amazing! Was it just a plain black suit on which you painted each and every single hexagon? :eek

Now that looks amazing! Was it just a plain black suit on which you painted each and every single hexagon? :eek

Yup. Plain black morphsuit - the left side on the photos is untouched, this is how it looked before. o.o

Your morphsuit and hex patterns have inspired an idea into building my soft armor.

I'm going to be laying down liquid latex over my morphsuit in a hex pattern, as well as making paper molds for the other armor parts and binding the liquid latex to it. I'm going to do some trial and error and will be building my thread soon.

Keep up the good work!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458861187.372908.jpg

"I'm just a witness"

Your morphsuit and hex patterns have inspired an idea into building my soft armor.

I'm going to be laying down liquid latex over my morphsuit in a hex pattern, as well as making paper molds for the other armor parts and binding the liquid latex to it. I'm going to do some trial and error and will be building my thread soon.

Keep up the good work!

Wow! Good luck and be careful to not do too much. You don't want to make too much, your skin has to breathe in there. ;)
If I had more resources, I'd definitely go and try more stuff out. xD

Also, a good tip - don't really make things permanently attached - you'll be washing the suit, so it's nice to take these off so they won't get damaged or something, especially if you're painting them.

Whos? Mine or Keiji's?

Both actually!

"I'm just a witness"

By hand. :D Using brush.
Spray-painted didn't look good to me.

On the picture on the left - brushed by hand with a brush and sprayed on the right. I didn't really like the effect of sprayed. It was just an experiment, so I didn't care.
For the final, picture on the right - as it's the suit I'll be using I go more carefully, but it's all brushed with hand using sponge brush. Yup, have to fill every single hex... But I'm satisfied with the result, so I have the motivation... should finish it in a month, LOL.
View attachment 24930View attachment 24929

pretty legs in super suite
looks awesome !!!

Thank you, UNSC 117 Chief

Also, I've received my Needler! Yup, another BoomCo that I'll mod and repaint. I've just made the needles, however they are not finished yet... It looks really cool. :D

DSC00899.JPG

Had to make some photos with it... because I've finally hardened the whole chest - front and back. X_X It took a long time... ;_;

DSC00891.JPGDSC00892.JPGDSC00893.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw this on Facebook and I think you mentioned you made the needles out of Glue sticks? What is your method exactly? I've been wanting to upgrade my needles and these looks great!

Wow! Good luck and be careful to not do too much. You don't want to make too much, your skin has to breathe in there. ;)
If I had more resources, I'd definitely go and try more stuff out. xD

Also, a good tip - don't really make things permanently attached - you'll be washing the suit, so it's nice to take these off so they won't get damaged or something, especially if you're painting them.

I'm planning to have heat exchange areas on certain parts of the suit where there won't be a ton of coverage of the latex (or now that you mention washing, most likely silicone) just like military body armor. DARPA and the US Army have also been doing stress test studies in the past few years showing best methods of keeping a soldiers body cool while wearing full gear. I plan to copy their findings in my build (Just posted the thread a bit ago) during my undersuit portion.

Costume cooling has been a study area of mine for a long while! I hope I can help other Spartans here with some of my findings and potential DIY builds to make wearing and performing in the costumes a more enjoyable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back