Foam Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturmwulfe

Hi!

I would like to know how foam pepakura works. Do you print out a regular pepakura file and start tracing it on to foam, or are there more steps to it? Alternatively, how would you go about making a suit of armor in EVA foam?

People who work with foam do things differently than those who do pepakura. I haven't worked much with foam, so there are plenty of others here who can give you better advice. This is just what I've gathered while researching to do some foam pieces and reading threads on here.

Often times people who do foam will edit the original pep file to work better with how you would craft with foam (or just download a file that's already edited). For example, they will remove (read disable) tabs which you don't need or want to print out for a foam build. Some might also remove (just slide out of the print area really) the smaller pieces that a pepakura build might use to create levels since you can create those levels by pushing the foam further up or down. Other than that I think those who use pep files for foam will print out the file and cut out the pieces then trace them onto the foam like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back