100% functioning Worthog (updated w/new pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well do you know how to weld? You do know it isn't a easy 1,2 step process right? This is serious stuff if you mess up you'll end up missing a limb or two.

hahah well i myself have only a little experience with welding but my brother has worked with welding tools fairly extensively. soooo i should be covered :mrgreen:

*sigh* crap....well as expected we've hit a couple ..er ..bumps in the road....money...time...as always are my worst friends.. :cry1: BUT! I shall never stop tryin :mrgreen:

Never Stop Trying

Persistence is the only distiguishing characteristic seperating potential from greatness.

Good luck man. :bow:

Thought you'd appreciate this:

620.gif

I think it would be cool if you made a RC car out of it. Allot of guys fabricate custom chassis out of brake line that they weld together.
You should make a custom Warthog chassis and design custom suspension. You could either have a nitro engine, or an eletric motor, either would work. Tell me what you think.

i have seen some on ebay....last year i was looking into making a warthog for the 8" figures

*sigh* well its been a while since i posted here but we finaly have a car :mrgreen: nearly. we have it on hold for a week we almost have the money :evil: sucks being poor. anyway here our donor car
IMG_1507.jpg

its a lil old and a lil beat up but none of that really matters. we will be getting the car soon and as soon as we can we'll start to take it apart and size it up for a frame :D.....then we gotta order the metal (EXPENSIVE AS HELL!!) anyway its slooowl ymoovin along :mrgreen:

well you getting farther than me right now...im still looking for a truck but bills keeps on getting in the way

hapakid88 said:
its a lil old and a lil beat up but none of that really matters. we will be getting the car soon and as soon as we can we'll start to take it apart and size it up for a frame :D.....then we gotta order the metal (EXPENSIVE AS HELL!!) anyway its slooowl ymoovin along :mrgreen:

Here a trick i pickt up at work, DONT BUY NEW METAL! You need to go look at a junk yard.Look for bits a pieces that look okay. Sandblast them and bend the. You can easy save up to a 1000 buck...

oyeah here some info that could always help with the hog
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Warthog#M12_Warthog_LRV

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thas a good idea i gotta find a junkyard first but ill definitely try that thanx :mrgreen: o yea thanx fer the link as well!

Junk yards will become one of your best assets on a project like this. alost all of you parts should come from there if you are on a budget. Seats are great to get at junk yard some times it just means being patient and waiting for that perfect item, or spending an entire day just checking out thier inventory.

I am glad to see that you are going with an actual car, the buggie idea was cool but since you are using a truck, if it is smog leagal, ( i live in CA where that kind of thing is pretty strict ) all you body mods and susspension stuff should be street legal and you will be able to drive this thing anywhere, which will be the coolest part about using a truck, just make sure all you seats have seatbelts ( harnesses would look way better, more accurate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back