10th Grade School Project Help Needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ev15

HELP I have a project in honors bio for cells(animal cell). I wanted to make a 3D model by carving a large foam globe in half and rilling a 3in indention in one of those haves with clear Elmers glue. Will it work? i was going to make the inside parts out of clay and have them protruding out of the cell. The problem is i don't know how long it will take to dry and if it will stay the same shape. Also will the glue eat away at the foam like resin? I can't use resin because of the price and I was put on a limited money by my parent. THis is due on the 19th of September and i need a answer by tomorrow due to me going shopping. Thank You for your response.

Will it work? Yep. Thin coats and a hair dryer will help everything go well and quickly. If you're using a PVA it shouldn't melt through a Styrofoam shape but if you want to double check you mentioned you wanted to cut through a ball you have a test piece already to double check!

HELP I have a project in honors bio for cells(animal cell). I wanted to make a 3D model by carving a large foam globe in half and rilling a 3in indention in one of those haves with clear Elmers glue. Will it work? i was going to make the inside parts out of clay and have them protruding out of the cell. The problem is i don't know how long it will take to dry and if it will stay the same shape. Also will the glue eat away at the foam like resin? I can't use resin because of the price and I was put on a limited money by my parent. THis is due on the 19th of September and i need a answer by tomorrow due to me going shopping. Thank You for your response.
Clay will usually say how long it takes to dry on the container it came in, or if It wont dry unless baked. I hope this goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back