2nd Build: Spartan III

MDBDesigns

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S894
All of it glorious man! That haunted helmet though. Ooooooo. I really wanna make one for Halloween and dang does that looks sick. The armor is looking just as fantastic as well.
Thanks! currently working on painting my left shoulder (operator) got the collar finished. I'm really excited for this whole build and with every piece I finish I just get more and more excited!

If you did want to make the helmet, NerdForgeDesigns on Etsy is where I got his files for printing

MDBDesigns

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S894
That haunted pilot helmet looks so clean!! where did you get the files for it?
If you did want to make the helmet, NerdForgeDesigns on Etsy is where I got his files for printing
^Just above your post ;) PokProps

Oh my lord, the helmet turned out beyond amazing. I can't say enough good things about it!
Thanks! I appreciate it! I'm really happy with how it's come out, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up just a little more and I can start cranking on pieces again! Next up will most likely be the visor for the helmet since that is the last piece of the helmet to make! Then on to calves and boots

Kevjohn

Thanks! I appreciate it! I'm really happy with how it's come out, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up just a little more and I can start cranking on pieces again! Next up will most likely be the visor for the helmet since that is the last piece of the helmet to make! Then on to calves and boots
I’m really looking forward to the completed thing. This is probably one of the best helmets I’ve seen! The detail of the skull is fantastic.

MDBDesigns

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S894
I’m really looking forward to the completed thing. This is probably one of the best helmets I’ve seen! The detail of the skull is fantastic.
Thanks! Yeah weathering is my absolute favorite thing to do for armor in general, so weathering a skull was super fun for me! it came to life so quickly and I was so pleased with it!

MDBDesigns

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S894
It genuinely looks like a dirty weathered skull! With the visor on, it’s gonna look as if it were real!
The visor is gonna be a lot of fun too, I'm going to paint the edges so it looks nice and grimey all around the skull too ;) it's gonna look sweeet! Still wishy-washy on if I want to dye the visor much/at all so I'm gonna go ahead and make a couple to test with

Kevjohn

The visor is gonna be a lot of fun too, I'm going to paint the edges so it looks nice and grimey all around the skull too ;) it's gonna look sweeet! Still wishy-washy on if I want to dye the visor much/at all so I'm gonna go ahead and make a couple to test with
Dyeing looked to be a good option, I also saw there is a paint to create a two way like mirror effect, but I’m still new to this, so I’m gonna watch and learn haha

MDBDesigns

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S894
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Been a hot minute since I've updated this thread, and that is on me. My bad. BUT MAN IT"S GONNA BE A BIG UPDATE

So last I updated, the helmet was painted and near completion, it still sits in the same position, but now with ~LEDs~ so thats cool
IMG_1508.JPG IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1511.JPG

I have yet to make the visor just because I haven't been able to sand the busk and smooth out the printed layers and get it to a vacuum former.

LEGS were next, I worked on the knee sheath that gives the back details and I love them, so I wanted to make the legs next. (Still deciding on what knees I want to go with, I'm thinking Para, but might go grenadier)
IMG_1555.JPG IMG_1556.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1777.JPG

The shoulders were next after this, seeing that the helmet chest and legs were near completion
IMG_1774.JPG Sorry this is the only pic I have of the shoulders at the moment

As of this moment right now I have everything except the belt, forearms, and undersuit finished.
My game plan is to get the forearms completed next, since I want to do the belt last And then start designing the undersuit to work around all the components. The goal is to make it as if it were a 3/4 wetsuit or jumpsuit. I had originally planned on making an upholstery foam waist and thighs, but after assembling one and trying movement out, It just wasn't going to last long.

The plan now is to get a zentai body morph suit and add onto it. The shoulders will get some buffing up to fill in the biceps since they came out a little large for me. I'll also adhere some fabric onto the shoulders to make the undersuit look realistic. Then add on the knee and elbow gaskets as well as build up a torso 'tube' that will attach to the suit.

At the moment this is all theoretical so it's subject to change, but I have ideas in place and plan on trying them out at some point. I just started a new job, working 4 days a week so I'll have a little time off to still dedicate to building and fabricating this armor!

I have also been working on plenty of side projects and posted quite a few onto the discord but figured I should share here as well!
IMG_1751.JPG IMG_1753.JPG IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1646.JPG IMG_1645.JPG

I modeled and printed the Bulldog Shotgun and the S7 Sniper rifle that were debuted in the Hali: Infinite trailers, this was mostly a good excuse for me to start getting more comfortable with Fusion 360 and I'm pretty happy with the work I did on them and might even carry one around at the next con I go to lol

I'll try to post an update when I make progress on the forearms, maybe do a pre and post weathering update and show how I do my weathering for them!
Thanks all!