3D-Model To Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox 2k

Hey,

I´ve found a nice Sketchup-Model for a helmet of the Witch King here: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=dfa99cde1242aec9ec5169ddee0c9c5b (I copied the link, because of the copyright)

But how can I get this model to pepakura, so I can cut it out and fold it?

When I export it as a .dxf file, pepakura only shows me only a part of the helmet and I don`t know how to unfold it.

I`m looking for a tutorial (at the best in german, but english is also ok), which could explain it to me. Until now, I only found only tutorials for folding, and building the helmets.

greetz

fox_2_k

You'll probably need to edit the model (ie, add support struts) so I recommend:

1. Download the file in the Collada format

2. Import the file into Blender (www.blender.org)

3. Modify the file

4. Export from Blender as a .obj file

5. Import into Pepakura designer and unfold

Hey,

I`ve installed Blender and loaded the file in the Collada format. Then I imported it to blender and exported it as an object-file. But the pepakura designer shuts down if I want to open the file. The file is has also only 1KB?!? My problem is, that I don`t know, what I should do with the file in blender. The file looks to me like the model is ok. But I don`t know on what I should take a closer look. I`ve also have no experience in modelling 3D-objects and blender seems to a bit deterrenting to me. Does anybody know a tutorial, which shows me only the functions I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back