3D ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBadger13

Taking on a standard ODST load out to start my journey. I’m using Skookum’s “Rookie” files and I got to say that I love the quality and filament efficiency. Anyone out there have any tips or tricks to keep in mind going forward? I’m starting with the helmet and I’m a little curious as to how everyone lines and pads their helmet to get a snug fit

Attachments

• 1A9DC713-8EA3-4E6D-81F5-7B916D0649BE.jpeg
    1A9DC713-8EA3-4E6D-81F5-7B916D0649BE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 118
Taking on a standard ODST load out to start my journey. I’m using Skookum’s “Rookie” files and I got to say that I love the quality and filament efficiency. Anyone out there have any tips or tricks to keep in mind going forward? I’m starting with the helmet and I’m a little curious as to how everyone lines and pads their helmet to get a snug fit
I like to use the airsoft helmet pads off Amazon and set them up as seen below. I like using hot glue instead of the velcro strips that come with the pads, as i have found they dont like to stick to the helemt. Also having a good check pad really hold the helmet in place too, but it's all personal preference.

Attachments

• 20221123_154933.jpg
    20221123_154933.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
I myself am printing my helmet out but was wondering about sizing. Should the base of the helmet fit snuggly around my head or a little bit looser? I am using this: Jeffrey’s Halo 3 ODST Helmet by xParzivalx model. At 100% size, it fits just a little loosely with about half a centimeter between the edge of the base and my ears. should that be as snug as possible or should I keep it there?

Welcome to the 405th! ODST's are a fun starting place.

I would recommend doing some research in finishing processes as well as ways of attaching your armor to yourself because those are the most intensive parts of working with a 3D printed suit. What you have so far looks well printed, so you're off to a great start!

I like SnakeandNape use traditional helmet padding for the insides of my helmet. I've also heard upholstery foam and EVA foam work great too. On my most recent ODST I also incorporated a chin strap to keep it snug on my head.

Have fun building and I can't wait to see what your final build looks like!

I like to use the airsoft helmet pads off Amazon and set them up as seen below. I like using hot glue instead of the velcro strips that come with the pads, as i have found they dont like to stick to the helemt. Also having a good check pad really hold the helmet in place too, but it's all personal preference.
That’s a really good idea. I wasn’t even thinking about bump helmet pads. Thank you for that!

Welcome to the 405th! ODST's are a fun starting place.

I would recommend doing some research in finishing processes as well as ways of attaching your armor to yourself because those are the most intensive parts of working with a 3D printed suit. What you have so far looks well printed, so you're off to a great start!

I like SnakeandNape use traditional helmet padding for the insides of my helmet. I've also heard upholstery foam and EVA foam work great too. On my most recent ODST I also incorporated a chin strap to keep it snug on my head.

Have fun building and I can't wait to see what your final build looks like!
Thank you for the encouraging words! Did you use a tactical helmet chinstrap or a sport helmet style?

I myself am printing my helmet out but was wondering about sizing. Should the base of the helmet fit snuggly around my head or a little bit looser? I am using this: Jeffrey’s Halo 3 ODST Helmet by xParzivalx model. At 100% size, it fits just a little loosely with about half a centimeter between the edge of the base and my ears. should that be as snug as possible or should I keep it there?
I wouldn’t make it super snug if it’s a raw print. You need to take into consideration padding the helmet and if you’re wanting to install electronics such as a voice amplifier or internal fans.

Thank you for the encouraging words! Did you use a tactical helmet chinstrap or a sport helmet style?
I used a helmet strap intended for a MICH helmet.
That almost sounds like it may need to be looser. If you have the visor made does your face have clearance from it? Also are you using a backplate so you can get your head in and out?

Also a question regarding the backpack. Do you make this functional or do you guys seal it off? If it’s functional, what would you typically put in the backpack?

Also a question regarding the backpack. Do you make this functional or do you guys seal it off? If it’s functional, what would you typically put in the backpack?
I didn't make a backpack. I will however be making the Reach leg pouch and I'll be putting my emergency repair kit in it.

Hey that’s a good idea. That’s what I might put in this backpack if I decide to make it functional one. If not, the leg pouch would definitely be a cool alternative.
I'm using a leg pouch in the off chance I don't have a handler I can still access it. With how ODST shoulders sit on me I could never access a backpack let alone get one on.

Just out of curiosity has anyone done an ODST Bullfrog build? I’ve been looking for a while and can’t find a jet pack build that would work with ODST armor

Just out of curiosity has anyone done an ODST Bullfrog build? I’ve been looking for a while and can’t find a jet pack build that would work with ODST armor
Might just have to modify a pack for the spartan 3s. Haven't seen to many jet packs but it would be sweet to see.

The jetpack from Halo reach is technically compatible with the Reach "Bullfrogs" but that's a different armor pattern. I'm sure you could find a way to attach it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back