3D Printed Halo 3 Marine

PolikarpovKhair

Hi finally making the thread post about the Marine cosplay.
My main idea is a combat engineer equiped with a Shotgun and a Magnum, a backpack with blowtorch, Mines and this sort of things a Combat Engineer can usually use in his "Job"
the Main chest plate its going to have some shotgun shell holders

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-05 at 01.05.23.jpeg

right now Im printing the chest piece in 4 parts (I have a small 3D printer)
the Magnum is finished and almost fully sanded
photo1662140766.jpeg

also I have some frag grenades printed, but I don't know how I can carry it
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-03 at 19.28.16.jpeg

next thing, received the Helmet and the Shin pieces

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-05 at 15.57.22.jpeg

When I have more updates, Im going to reply it here
see u soon
Cheers

Armor is looking good so far! I think I purchased that same folding shovel for my upcoming Spartan build.

For the frags, I'd recommend a belt or thigh loop attachment of some kind. Maybe drill through the top of the grenades and use some key rings or wire to loop them through your belt or add some kind of rig to another piece of armor. The nice thing about these builds is that you really can get pretty creative. Looking forward to seeing more!

I LOVE YOUR CAMO CHOICE!
A-tacs is my favorite camo and if I'd be doing Marine it'd be the only choice as well.
Nice to see printing progress and now the hard part for you - endless sanding haha.

I LOVE YOUR CAMO CHOICE!
A-tacs is my favorite camo and if I'd be doing Marine it'd be the only choice as well.
Nice to see printing progress and now the hard part for you - endless sanding haha.
well Im used to sand 3D printed parts, also I have a mandalorian armor and it was a pain in the ass to sand

well well well... an small update but a very important, the entire armor set is at home and waiting to be sanded, theres some pieces sanded and painted, im thinking to paint some "vietnam style" phrases like: Covenant Scum or Born to kill brutes or anything like that, my favorite is: Born in earth, killed at the ark
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-30 at 23.13.12.jpeg

cheers, next update soon

Which files are you using for your build? or did you make em yourself?
Looking to do a halo 3 marine after my ODST is done and you seem to be doing a cracking job with these!

well well well... an small update but a very important, the entire armor set is at home and waiting to be sanded, theres some pieces sanded and painted, im thinking to paint some "vietnam style" phrases like: Covenant Scum or Born to kill brutes or anything like that, my favorite is: Born in earth, killed at the ark
View attachment 323746
cheers, next update soon
PLEASE do this (the Vietnam-style armor personalization phrases)! I love seeing that sort of thing on people's armor, especially since with the UNSC Marines (being based on the Colonial Marines from Aliens, who had personalized armor) in the games having identical armor (likely due to resource constraints in development, especially since it would be pointless to make 101 armor decals and quotes on the armor of redshirts), it would stand out and look even cooler. I also remember some of the Marines in the motion comic of The Mona Lisa from Halo: Evolutions having markings on their armor, so at least in canon, that's a thing.

In writing my response, I just got an idea for such a line for my own costume, so thank you for inspiring me.

That is absolutely magnificent, man. I agree with DireWolf111 regarding the messages written on the armor - they fit the general shared attitude/personality of the UNSC Marines like a glove and make your costume much more unique.

Looks great! Your finishing work on the 3D prints looks really clean. Hope everyone at the convention you're going to is as blown away by the final product as all of us in the community are!

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back