3D printed Helmets or Pepekura???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadez

Question.... How much does it cost to actually print a helmet from Reach...Recon, CQB or Jorge's helmet??? Just wondering cause I have started with the pep build for my 5 kids (they love halo, to include my 12 & 14 yr old daughters) but I am getting hesitant with the resin and Fiber glassing aspect of it. Am possibly looking to see about purchasing a 3D printed ones instead due to inexperience in casting... Just not sure.... :( Any advice would be gladly appreciated.

Hello . A few things.

So I am building a 3rd Printed Helmet .
It takes 1.5-2 kg to make it At 25 USD a kg it can add up.

Shapeways can make it however My guess is about 200-400 USD

A plasma pistol was about 700 .

Once you get over the hurdle of pep assembly . The glassing is not that bad! .

Peter

Your best bet, if you're wanting multiple helmets, is just shopping around for kits. Depending on the maker, you'll probably end up spending a little more, but the amount of work you'll have to do drops drastically.

Hello . A few things.

So I am building a 3rd Printed Helmet .
It takes 1.5-2 kg to make it At 25 USD a kg it can add up.

Shapeways can make it however My guess is about 200-400 USD

A plasma pistol was about 700 .

Once you get over the hurdle of pep assembly . The glassing is not that bad! .

Peter

So would I spend as much making a helmet from pepekura or would it be better to buy a helmet cast???

Pep is a ton cheaper for that then my cost in plastic to make one on a printer .

I mean a large can of bondo brand resin is about 44 bucks, glass cloth is also cheap...... I dont know the cost of card stock ect but you should be able to glass and coat 5 Helmets for under 100 bucks .

Peter.

Hey. thanks for your advice. That was the kind of information I was looking for. I just didn't want to end up spending $130 to make one helmet, if I could just buy a cast helmet from Armory or somewhere for just a tad bit more. It wouldn't make much since. Thanks alot, peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back