1st Build 3D printer options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyHalo117

I'm looking to potentially do a fully 3D Printed Spartan suit (likely a Halo 3 or Halo 4 version), I want to know which of these 2 are better:

FLSUN QQ-S Pro or
Artillery Sidewinder X1

They both seem great, I am curious which one you guys think is best overall. I like the speed and price of the FLSUN, but the Sidewinder is very quiet which is a big plus, and it's a bigger print size. What do you guys think about each one? Or is there another option that's even better?

Also, any suggestions on how to do this 3D print job? How to make sure it will be durable? How much filament will I likely need and what kind? Etc etc

I can't leave any suggestions for printer type, but for filament I recommend something on the stronger side like PETG, PLA+ or SPLA. The amount of filament will all come down to the type you use, your size/scaling, and print settings like infill and wall thickness. I'll leave that answer to someone who has actually printed a full suit.

As for durability, I did a bit of research the other day and found one of the most important factors was wall thickness; the thicker the stronger, but also the more print time and material used.

Both printers are fine, however, the flsun has a smaller bed size so it may take a little more time and effort to print and assemble large peices, where on a sidewinder or other larger printers you could potentially print a leive in its entirety.

Abs is hard to print without an enclosure and there other plastics that are similar to it with some minor differences that are gold substitutes so take that into consideration if you want to use it

Both printers are fine, however, the flsun has a smaller bed size so it may take a little more time and effort to print and assemble large peices, where on a sidewinder or other larger printers you could potentially print a leive in its entirety.

Abs is hard to print without an enclosure and there other plastics that are similar to it with some minor differences that are gold substitutes so take that into consideration if you want to use it
If you would walk me through the process of doing all this and such, I'd preally appreciate it. Can you add me on Discord at MrBaconHawk#4871?

Also, flsun has a little smaller bed but because it's a delta printer, you can print way faster speeds with same or better accuracy, so I'd think that makes up for that in some way. Plus, the smaller the part if it messes up, the less time wasted, amiright?

If you would walk me through the process of doing all this and such, I'd preally appreciate it. Can you add me on Discord at MrBaconHawk#4871?

Also, flsun has a little smaller bed but because it's a delta printer, you can print way faster speeds with same or better accuracy, so I'd think that makes up for that in some way. Plus, the smaller the part if it messes up, the less time wasted, amiright?

That's definitely one way to look at it and a positive! By no means am I an expert at 3d printing, but the 405th has a really active discord with dedicated channels. If you search for the invitation link and join you may be able to find more responses faster, and from people way more experienced than me! However, I will still be more than happy to answer your questions! :)

Would anyone here be willing to help me make some 3D printable files that would fit on the FLSUN QQ-S printer? (I'm choosing it due to speed of printing, and decent bed size). I was advised to do 90% infill with around 7-8mm thickness in general, consuming around 12-20kg of filament. PETG, PLA, or ABS.

That's definitely one way to look at it and a positive! By no means am I an expert at 3d printing, but the 405th has a really active discord with dedicated channels. If you search for the invitation link and join you may be able to find more responses faster, and from people way more experienced than me! However, I will still be more than happy to answer your questions! :)
Ah, got it, I will look for the Discord server

Would anyone here be willing to help me make some 3D printable files that would fit on the FLSUN QQ-S printer? (I'm choosing it due to speed of printing, and decent bed size). I was advised to do 90% infill with around 7-8mm thickness in general, consuming around 12-20kg of filament. PETG, PLA, or ABS.
I highly recommend not doing 90% infill with 7-9mm wall thickness. That is a massive amount of filament used that will be extremely heavy and much stronger than you need - usually for armour, I know people wouldn't go higher than 20% infill, and while I'm not sure about wall thickness, I'd definitely keep it under 2mm.

I highly recommend not doing 90% infill with 7-9mm wall thickness. That is a massive amount of filament used that will be extremely heavy and much stronger than you need - usually for armour, I know people wouldn't go higher than 20% infill, and while I'm not sure about wall thickness, I'd definitely keep it under 2mm.
Two or three perimeters is pretty standard. Most of the objects I design are made for three with enough room to be scaled down ~15-20% before you'd need to drop to two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back