Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
One thing I always have issues with at booths is the inevitable pile of props that end up accumulating somewhere and sometimes I just want a nice thematic display stand for a very nice prop. Thanks to a recent Halo Infinite update we now have a DMR vise that is fairly adjustable to hold most UNSC weapon props. It also has some nice wide open panels to stick a 405th logo on ;)

Prop Vise Drawing v1_Page_1.png

This one is pretty easy with most parts being able to be printed flat with minimal support and I've added voids to cut down on filament usage which should help keep things on the lighter side which is important for packing away with a table of items.

Inside the file pack is a photo selection to show where alignment pins go but for a BOM you'll want the following
ItemLengthCount
2.5mm Pin40mm2
5mm Pin15mm2
5mm Pin 30mm2
5mm Pin 45mm2
5mm Pin 65mm2
20mm Square Tubing~800mm2
5mm Foam Pads20mm x 60mm4
M8 FastenersN/A8

From the list above, the pins are used for alignment of parts during glue up which will also give a bit of strength against shearing. The square tubing makes for the two rails that the main body slides along. The foam pads stick into the legs and help keep the stand from slipping while on a table. The fasteners are purely for decoration and to make the prop look as it appears in the game.

When printed at a 1:1 scale the vise is 45mm wide which should fit most UNSC props easily with most needing padding of some variety. If there's a specific prop that many of us have that needs a custom BackRest I can adjust the cutout if needed.

Good luck and happy printing!

Attachments

• Prop Vise.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back