405th T Shirts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea of buying htese custom made shirts to sell to members of the 405th or anyone who wants one... this is what it would look like. Its just an idea so dont get your hopes up as it would be exspensive to get them for everyone.
[attachment=2853:unscback.jpg]

[attachment=2854:unscfront.jpg]

Do NOT sell t-shirts please. I'd like to have some control over what "marketing" material goes out there. Make them to give away, or trade parts... no selling.

Gotcha, and anyways i wasnt going to sell them, just an idea for the future and if youd like you could use the design for your own... i wouldnt charge you.. hah. Ya its was just to think about.

Adam, you should make these T-shirts with Spreadshirts. Each time someone use your design, you receive a commission.

So you could lower the site's costs :rolleyes

EDIT : And Shadow you are not a fan of me ? :p

That's why we should use Spreadshirt. You have an option that customers include their own message above or below the main design.

Yes when i order i could order shirts with custom names or numbers on them, but as adam said i cannot sell them but i can trade or give away. Its an idea for adam so we can further the 405th..... Im trying to support the 405th im in the proccess of making a business card design for the 405th so Adam can take the idea and make it better. Im doing this for the cause of the group!

Thanks for all of the compliments on the shirt, hahah it does look good and hopefully when adam starts making the official shirts we can all have our own... good luck adam. If you need any help on the design im always here to help.

LastSpartan said:
That's why we should use Spreadshirt. You have an option that customers include their own message above or below the main design.

I've also used Spreadshirt and it's ridiculously easy ;) They ship fast too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd mention this here and save starting a new thread. I've made a logo I want on a T-shirt but I thnk it would be cool if it had a little more shading to it. If anybody is interested, please send me a PM and I can get you the vectorized data.

logocolor.gif

logobw.gif

As far as I read into copyright laws (not all that much), I believe it's OK to 'sell' these sorts of things as long as the vendor isn't making a profit. For example, I buy one of those shirts for 'cost-price' - in other words, the price it cost to create the item.

As I understand, it's OK to exchange and/or create 'copyrighted' good for non-profit means. In other words, selling these shirts at break-even because the UNSC logo isn't a trademark. This is why it's OK to copy music and movies as long as you don't sell them or gain a profit from it (although I do believe this practise is still frowned upon under corporate law for illegal distrubution).

Creating anything featuring a trademarked item is grounds for trademark theft - this is inexcusable and *WILL* result in a court appearance. For example, making a Halo 3 logo t-shirt will earn you a trial and a possible fine or jail sentence.

In other words, I'll mirror what Adam said. It's OK to distribute these shirts as long as there isn't money passing hands. Although I recall reading that money exchanged as 'gifts' would be acceptable..

Primal Weyland said:
As far as I read into copyright laws (not all that much), I believe it's OK to 'sell' these sorts of things as long as the vendor isn't making a profit. For example, I buy one of those shirts for 'cost-price' - in other words, the price it cost to create the item.

As I understand, it's OK to exchange and/or create 'copyrighted' good for non-profit means. In other words, selling these shirts at break-even because the UNSC logo isn't a trademark. This is why it's OK to copy music and movies as long as you don't sell them or gain a profit from it (although I do believe this practise is still frowned upon under corporate law for illegal distrubution).

Creating anything featuring a trademarked item is grounds for trademark theft - this is inexcusable and *WILL* result in a court appearance. For example, making a Halo 3 logo t-shirt will earn you a trial and a possible fine or jail sentence.
In other words, I'll mirror what Adam said. It's OK to distribute these shirts as long as there isn't money passing hands. Although I recall reading that money exchanged as 'gifts' would be acceptable..

Yes but i want to respect adam's wishes and i will not get any money in return for them, except maybe 2 of my friends who are not memebers of this site but think they look cool. Besides that i might trade or give them away depending on how much i have left over.

Heck I might just make one myself. I'm in the process of running my own t-shirt/clothing company. I have been making shirts for about a year now and something like this would be easy.

AshdownMenace said:
Heck I might just make one myself. I'm in the process of running my own t-shirt/clothing company. I have been making shirts for about a year now and something like this would be easy.

Well dont make a ton of them without talking to Adam, it seems these days people are doing stuff without consulting him... this t-shirt that i have is the only one i ordered to see how it came out. But ya it sounds cool man.

AshdownMenace said:

Well dont make a ton of them without talking to Adam, it seems these days people are doing stuff without consulting him... this t-shirt that i have is the only one i ordered to see how it came out. But ya it sounds cool man.

www.cafepress.com

Adam, have you considered putting up photoshop contests then having those winners place on graphic t's and so forth for sale through cafepress? They custom things onto American Apparel :)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back