90 lb cardstock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropicana

My crappy town doesn't have any stores that sell 110lb cardstock, nearest place to get it is 2 and a half hours away. Would 90 lb hold up any good? Or should I reinforce it?

Edit: I did a quick search of stickies and tutorials, and I didn't see anything regarding 90 lb cardstock (unless I missed something)

Spartan 169 said:
My crappy town doesn't have any stores that sell 110lb cardstock, nearest place to get it is 2 and a half hours away. Would 90 lb hold up any good? Or should I reinforce it?

Edit: I did a quick search of stickies and tutorials, and I didn't see anything regarding 90 lb cardstock (unless I missed something)
It depends... For my AR i am using 60lb cardstock and it works just fine. But if youre making a helmet i would recomend 110lb

But you could use 90lb cardstock you just need to be really careful when folding and make sure that the item doesnt stretch etc.. And you need to add more layers of resin before adding the fiberglass.

And 2 hours is not that far away i had to drive into a different country to get chavant modelling clay. (753 miles).

Last edited by a moderator:
ehhh...if you are making a helmet...I REALLY RECOMMEND 110 lbs. CARDSTOCK!

its great, tough stuff so...yeah...buy some.

its like...10 dollars at staples.

but since you dont have a good store...go with 90 lbs cardstock

its your best bet

see ya around man

AoBfrost said:
110lb pack of 250 for 12 dollars at staples, I still have 60 sheets left for my own paper modeling.

ZOMG its cheap over there. Here...

10 sheets of paper for 19,95$

Thanks for the info guys.

Wow $20.00 for 10 sheets? o_O What happened over there? Did the trees go extinct? LOL I love your avatar :p

i have no idea what i used, its not measured in lb over here its like grams :eek: anyway i put 3 coats of resin on before fiberglassing

Finnish Spartan said:
ZOMG its cheap over there. Here...

10 sheets of paper for 19,95$
Are you serious? I could buy 500 sheets with 20$

Well, I did my helmet with the 90 lb stuff and it's fairly sturdy, even without the visor and supports. I'm going to reinforce it anyway with more paper. MK V helmet BTW. Fits quite nicely.

Now onto the chest plate and backpack.

Well tell you the truth someone has made a suit from 65lb cardstock before way back, but they resin'd the outside very very lightly for the first coat, then second they globbed it on.

I got the chest plate done, I'm going to save the backpack for tomorrow for when I get more super glue. Speaking of super glue, I got some in my eye >_<. Should i see a doctor?

Anyway, I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back