A Few Questions on Respiratiors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helljumper

I'll be (hopefully) doing my first fiberglass work on my ODST armor this weekend. But I'm a little concerned about just what kind of respirator I need when doing this.

I have a pack of 3M half face respirators that say "N95 Particulate" on the front of the box. Trouble is I can't find the User Instructions that the box says that I should read, so I'm not sure if they're safe to use.

Can anyone help me out here?

N95 means, AFAIK, that it handles up to particles 95 nanometers in diameter.

I used to work all the time with N30 particulates.

For air born particulates, they'll work. But it won't do anything about the organic vapors you might experience.

Thanks. This is the first time I've ever done fiberglassing and I just wanted to be sure. I'm completly clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Yeah I was wondering, how do you all..you know...breath in that helmet? both the MJOLNIR and ODST armor?? because imma make some MJOLNIR armor and...was curios...

You breathe like you normally do.

The only thing that happens is that you get hot very quickly, unless you have some sort of cooling system in there...ex: fans or such.

Try to see if you can wear a motorcycle helmet, pretty much the same as wearing one of the mjolnir helms.. ;-)

:agree: I agree Dark.

BTW, congrats on the new rank. I should be there in about 40 posts ;-)

Ironcobra3000 said:
Yep, you can install fans and such, the only problem is getting your hair tangled in them D:

Not if you know what your doing.

Fan placement is everything, put it either near your ears, or around your eyebrows. (Clone Trooper Helmets)

I am waiting for a Mjolnir helmet that I can check fan placement with, but most helmets have more than enough space for fans.

I have a microphone/PA system, fans, and soundboard all in my Clone trooper helmet.

I even have my Halo Zune mounted in my Clone Trooper Helmet as well.

So no offense, but it's all in the placement of your stuff.

:dee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back