A Little Healthy Competition?

What do you think about Halo-ween photo contest?

• I think you may be on to something here...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks, I don't think I'll finish in time.

• Nope, not interested.

• This is by far the worst idea in the history of bad ideas,evar!

• A jar of almonds.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sighs* with halo-ween closing to just a few days, it looks like my stuff wont be together in time T_T.

Ohh well..maybe for christmas XD

I too hope it's still going on.

Yea, sorry bout the other topic. Didn't want to be called for necro-ing a topic. Plus I though the other sub forum was a better place for the subject.

Three days left!

What is the status of this? Was there anything official started? Categories? Prizes? Entry Thread?

I've just finished Sophie's Armor... So bring on the accolades for my tiny little Master Chief! "Sophie, she's one bad Mother-" "Watch your mouth!!!"

Check her out! She a Hot Mess! :lol

I'll post some better photos before we go trick or treating.

Can't wait to see other entries.

Is this still going?

If so, here's my freshly made armour :)

Category: Pepakura Armour

Info: The low-budget, bondo-less armour I've been working on for the past 10 months :)

Enjoy!

12543_1278787249105_1212726917_1903848_6149317_n.jpg

12543_1278782728992_1212726917_1903835_5380428_n.jpg

gallery_11015_1736_595150.jpg

gallery_11015_1736_255.jpg

Well here are my pics, the costume is about 60% scratch build, and 40% pepakura, the only parts that are scratch built are from the waist down, the handplates, and the biceps. And the only parts that are strengthened with fiberglass are the handplates, and all the pep parts. The reason its not all pep (for now) is because I really wanted to get it done for halloween, and I wouldnt have had enough time otherwise. And after it was all said and done I covered it in fiberglass resign, that is why it looks like that. Oh and Im over 12, so I dont know which category I would fit into......... sooooo, yah! :)

My turn! :D

[attachment=13228:ODST Suit.jpg]

The Helmet and Chest piece is made from Pepakura, Fiberglass, and Bondo.

The Shoulders, Forearms, and Shins are made from Soccer Shins.

The Thighs, Center/Side equipments, and Butt plate,(Not shown.) are made from a little roll-out mat that goes under a sleeping bag.

The Back-pack (Also not shown. :p) is made from cardboard.

Gloves are Finger-less Paintball Gloves, and the Boots are old Army Boots. ODST visor is made by Link4044.

This is my HALO-ween pic. I made this is 3 short months. I'm still collecting pictures from everyone's cameras so I may post some more soon.

You can see my progress here.

DSCF1390.jpg

I'm in

helljumpers on the ground!!

PA210054.jpg

the ghost trooper

PA210055-1.jpg

i have more, but i wont post unless requested

all made from pep, cardboard, and lots of hot glue

all other or more accurate WIP info can be found here

PS this build only took 4 DAYS!!!!! or 76 HOURS!!!!

Caboos318 said:
i think this whole thing just kinda fell through ... :(

Pretty much, Vexona hasn't been on in months (or atleast hasn't talked to me) and UNSC Leatherneck is on hiatus from the 405th staff until sane enough for duty heh. Hence all the hiring of new staff, etc. We were dangerously close from closing up shop altogether. That's why there is month or more gaps between articles. Just me and moonwildflower and UNSC (who's now on break) were trying to keep the server up, get us moved, etc.

Congratulations to all you guys, you did a bang up job. I hope you all learned something in your venture and that you will continue to make improvements over time. I wish I could do more, there simply isn't enough writers to recruit from the forums.

Cheers,

Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging smudging whats the biggy just alot of fun. I know you all had fun building and showing off the stuff everyone made. I know I did, didn't do it for a contest. Just wanted to do it.

Loved seeing every ones work great jobs period.

keep working on your stuff and above all have fun with it.

Altair your armor is awsome nothing to be upset about dude, your armor look great thats the real prize and you made it yourself.

I think Dan had it hands down though he has my vote.

Oh and by the way Caboos318 my kids would love one of your ar wantabies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back