A word from the not so wise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

This will probably be wise words if your new to this, and will make all you pro's giggle at my ineptitude;

for anyone who is just starting out with Pepakura..... always check which fold is denoted by which line on each Pep file (see settings - other settings)

I bring you these words of wisdom after spending 2 hours building my chestpiece - Inside Out. And another 2 hours trying to salvage it. The most embarassing part? I only noticed when the back sections wouldnt fit inside the chest... damn.

Cheers, Chris

been there done that lol glad to know im not the only one thats built a piece inside out. :confused

Nope your not alone - all the other parts iv done so far have followed the same rules, i didnt even think to check :S

it was a simple mistake, which is why I thought id post -and by pure good luck id followed the tab numbers this time and as such most of the build was only tacked together by a couple of tabs on each part.... still a b@tard to fix and rebuild...

The bit that drives me nuts is that sometimes, on different people's pep models, they will change the lines slightly. Instead of -------- vs _._._._. you may end up with ........... or ________ I wish there was a set rule for the folds :p Also on tiiiiiny pieces, it's sometimes very difficult to see what kind of fold it is you're supposed to do on the piece!

Thats what got me, all others from my build have had have _._._ for valley and - - - - - for peak, with ____ as cut - with exeption of my chest last night which had ----- as peak and - - - - as valley :S

Damn dirty apes!

That is why, as a rule, I always change the fold linetypes to my own preference (solid lines, red = mountain, blue = valley). That way, no matter what the creator of the file did to the linetypes, I still know what's what. Also, changing the lines to solid colored lines makes identifying mountain or valley folds easy on the tiny tabs.

If you have a printer that only prints black and white, maybe consider making one fold type a dashed line and the other fold type a solid line.

Iv been thinking that in future - - - - for valleys and . . . . . For mountains - follow the rule "Points to Peaks, Lines for Rivers"

Just my plan for the future neway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back