About the armor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalener

...well, I'm WAY (not that young...4 more years to 18) too young to join, but I just thought of something. I'm sorry if this was posted before.
Would the armor need to follow some sort of specific set of details, proportions, and possibly colors?
It would just seem like a group of random people, and not a faux navy group.
Does anyone agree?

I think that the marines should have some guidelines, but since the spartans are all are kinda like the last line of defense or whatever, they'd probably be allowed to have more freedom with their armor. As long as you don't go too crazy. No flames on your armor. No bobble head costumes. Basically, it should be that they look like something you'd expect to see in the game. With Spartans, you see all kinds of stuff, the marines all look the same.

I meant, they all had to look the same, to every detail, to get that uniform effect.

I know, but the spartans would probably have variations on each suit. It has to be movie quality still, so a cardboard box suit won't work. Apart from the stormtroopers, most of the costumes in the 501st have many varitaions from suit to suit. When they're together, they still look really good. It just needs to be generally the same and very well crafted. If you have that, you don't have to worry about looking just like everyone else down to every little corner and angle.

papamurf812 said:
I know, but the spartans would probably have variations on each suit. It has to be movie quality still, so a cardboard box suit won't work. Apart from the stormtroopers, most of the costumes in the 501st have many varitaions from suit to suit. When they're together, they still look really good. It just needs to be generally the same and very well crafted. If you have that, you don't have to worry about looking just like everyone else down to every little corner and angle.
then wouldnt high quality pep work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Leadingspartan said:
then wouldnt high quality pep work?
I would say yes. Not simply because I'm using pep either. If you can use pep and make your armor to standard, then I say you've earned it. However, I am only one person of many and it isn't my decision.

thisismadness2 said:
ok but what about elite costumes

that would be covenant my friend. not UNSC :p

but i dont see y!

we could be parading in a random city. then the elites can jump down from buildings and totally pwnzors us then cortana pops out of no where and kills everyone. :p

idk...

ignore my comment.... too much Mountain dew :pSFkjsa;dlf

thisismadness2 said:
ok but what about elite costumes

Hell if you can build an Elite costume... Wow, you've earned it, and that would be absolutely awesome. That's my next project as well.

I'll answer this for you hunny bunch.

Armor quality and armor will be decided by a panel of "judges" these "judges" will base the armor on its looks and how well it's put together (i.e. strapping and the like).
Elites will follow the same set of rules.

Not every detail has to be perfect, but it shouldn't look like it was thrown together in a few days.

no, you obviously don't have to buy, if you can make it good, then why not wear it? Who do you think you buy it from? the person that sells it to you made it, so your still wearing "made" armor. You can buy it if you want though....still the same thing, just costs more money.

ooh and I am getting more excited, I just resined about half my armor today, a total of 5 pieces all resined and ready for the next step, I still have some pepakura to make though....resin goes extremly fast compared to everything else :)

back on topic: Does the armor have to have weathering effects? One thing is detail, and that's all well and good, but weathering is sort of optional right? It's simply there for people that want to make their armor look like it was in battles, but some people (like me) like when things are fresh and new. Granted, I don't mean a candy and sparkly looking paintjob, I mean that it totally fits in, but looks pretty new. Though I also like weathered armor as well, but still, some people may not be able to make weathering well, while some may not want to, but both types of people may still be good at actually making the armor and details.

Ok guys, to end the what is movie quality armor discussion:

The term to describe movie quality is to tell if you've tried hard enough and actually put some time and effort into making your armor.

you know, NOT making something within one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back